Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just a mileage update:

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.50 miles (class plus 1.50 mile walk)
    5/9 - 2 miles (class)
    5/10 - 2.50 miles (walk)
    5/11 - 3.25 miles (walk)
    5/12 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/13 - 4.50 miles (walk)
    5/14 - 2 miles (class)
    5/15 - 2 miles (class)
    5/16 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/17 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/18 - 3.50 miles (walk)
    5/19 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/20 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/21 - 3.0 miles (walk)
    5/22 - 4.0 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/23 - 3.0 miles (walk)
    5/24 - 4.5 miles (walk)
    5/25 - 4.0 miles (walk) REST DAY just didn't happen it was too pretty to stay inside
    5/26 4.0 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 86.75
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Beth~Hi! Great to see you, sorry you're job has been so stressful--glad you were able to stop by.

@Nettie~Floors are gorgeous! Cute pic of the woodchuck too, haven't seen those since leaving the east coast--I have armadillo's in my neighborhood. :wink:

@Robin~Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day. I'm sorry your brothers and sisters aren't willing to be closer, I'm glad that you have great friends that love and cherish you.

@Kaye~That is a lot of people for waffles! I don't know how you cook and manage for so many people at once.

AFM~Yesterday, I went by my trainer's studio and used his incline trainer (inclines up to 40%) for some intervals--that thing really burns some calories. :love: it! After that I helped him shop for some things for his studio at a sporting goods store. Today I'm meeting him at a park for our weekly run. Glad I have some meals already in freezer to get thru week, I can cook okay but washing pans is another story (can't wrap my thumb around things to hold them).

Sunday Share for the newlings: I'm Kelley, 45, and an accountant in the healthcare industry living in north central Texas. I'm a transplant from upstate NY 18 years ago and love it here! I'll take the hot Texas summers over cold NY winters any day. :wink: I love to exercise and work out with a trainer (who I'm also helping to open his own studio) three times a week; I also love to travel (mostly by cruise ship). I've been on this weight loss journey a long time, having lost over 100# and still have a little way to go (my ticker is my next goal, not my final goal).

May Mileage:

5/1/14—3.11mi
    5/2/14—3.64mi
    5/3/14—1.92mi
    5/4/14—4.42mi
    5/5/14—2.89mi
    5/6/14—3.74mi
    5/7/14—3.15mi
    5/8/14—3.05mi
    5/9/14—3.50mi
    5/10/14—1.48mi
    5/11/14—4.62mi
    5/12/14—2.75mi
    5/13/14—3.18mi
    5/14/14—4.62mi
    5/15/14—3.62mi
    5/16/14—3.59mi
    5/17/14—1.95mi
    5/18/14—6.04mi
    5/19/14—5.28mi
    5/20/14—3.56mi
    5/21/14—3.37mi
    5/22/14--3.69mi
    5/23/14--.42mi (abysmal, Fitbit was charging and at doc in afternoon)
    5/24/14--3.31mi

Total Miles: 80.90 Miles
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Nettie--Nice pictures. Your floor is beautiful.
    Robin--Your story of your family broke my heart. We have our differences sometimes, but we work them out. I can't imagine not having my family. Sometimes it is a lot of work, but I wouldn't change it. As for how I manage the crowd, I don't have a huge house. If we crowd up, I can seat 10 at the table. Everyone fills their plate and finds a place to sit. When the weather is good, we use the deck for overflow. For waffles we just rotate through as they get done. Amy brings her waffle iron, too. I'm glad that you have friends that you can rely on and enjoy. I have lots of friends, but I don't spend much time with them. Probably because I spend so much time with family.
    For the new ones, I just had my 70th birthday. DH and I have been married almost 49 years. We have 7 children with spouses, 14 grandchildren, and some steps and fosters. As you have probably gathered, most of my time is spent with family. I began my last weight-loss battle in September of 2012. The first year I lost 80#. Its been pretty slow since then, but I keep plugging along. I just do a simple calories in/calories out. I am not willing to buy special stuff, or cook separate meals for myself. Nothing is 'bad' or 'forbidden'. I just make choices that fit my calories, and use portion control. I walk a lot alone or with whoever will go with me.
    Have a great Sunday. It looks like a beautiful day here. Love you all! We can do this. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody. Have a great race day!

Laurajayne8digs and Mzrubyredz -welcome to the best thread on MFP!

hansea47- Laurie is doing all the work for the mileage tracking I’m just posting a picture of the spreadsheet she makes.

Laurie- Good job on the swim workout!

Robinb0812- Good job on the 5K!

JNettie73- The flooring looks great! How much wood could a woodchuck… lol

RobinsEgg-
    HBSmileyBlowsWhistle.gif
    Are you on Facebook? If so and you want to join my Facebook family send me a message.

Susan- We went to Pizza Rock and it is a wonderful place. I had one slice of Amy’s Downtown which was very good.

DOWNTOWN-Mozzarella, Pepperoni, Molinari Salami, Bacon, Shallots, Mushrooms, Red Onions,
    Bell Peppers, Black Olives, Italian Sausage, Cherry Tomatoes
    downtown_zps346102cb.jpg

The Clam & Garlic was amazing, I ate the whole thing four slices there and the other two later at home. That was pretty much my whole days’ worth of eating so not too bad.

CLAM AND GARLIC-Mozzarella, Roasted Garlic, Pecorino, Clams, Bacon (no sauce)
    clampie_zpsbda9a5f4.jpg

The good news is Green Valley Ranch is opening a Tony Gemignani Slices place within the next year!

524_zps2fac9312.jpg

“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen

Tom
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Just popping in. Will update later, trying to get the energy up to go for a walk. I am tired today but will try to walk later today.

Miles updated.

Robin E- Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, happy BIRTHDAY dear Robin, Happy birthday to you. Hope you have a wonderful year ahead.
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Saving my spot and giving Laurie and Tom my miles for now. It's been a busy week here, I'm doing better on my goals, and the stress seems to be getting a little better or I'm just getting more use to it. Time will tell! I"m hoping to get caught up with the board soon!

Welcome to all the New Folks! Happy Birthday Robin! Happy Belated Birthday Kaye!

And Kaye, Yes, I'm usually this chipper. Gotta keep a positive outlook on life or get bowled over by all the negatives!:wink:

HUGS to you All!
    :flowerforyou: :heart: Jenn :heart: :flowerforyou:

EDIT: I forgot to do my Sunday Share! OOps! Hi All! I'm Jenn from the Heart of Dixie in Alabama! I'm a geek at heart, Love all things Zombie, Firefly, Dr. Who, Vampire and weird stuff like that. I'm an avid crafter when I get the time, and work nights as a nurse to pay for it all! No kids, Three silly and spoiled cats that run the place, and I've been married Almost 17 years as long as we make it to the end of next month! LOL! I Love this group and hate when I can't keep up (like lately), but I do eventually get back in the swing! I hope everyone has been having a Fantastic Memorial Day Weekend! And don't forget... If it weren't for our Soldiers, we wouldn't have the freedom to enjoy this long weekend! THANK YOU to all those that are serving, have served and to the families that served right along with them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Monday 5/19 – 2.93 miles (7053 steps)
    Tuesday 5/20 – 1.83 miles (4539 steps)
    Wednesday 5/21 – 4.08 miles (10111 steps)
    Thursday 5/22 – 4.13 miles (10210 steps)
    Friday 5/23 – 3.9 miles (9653 steps) Time got away from me at work! Ack!
    Saturday 5/24 – 3.42 miles (8127 steps)
    May Mileage Goals:
    15 / 31 - 6,000 Steps / Day = 2.5 Miles / Day
    13 / 20 - 5 Extra Miles / Week (LS - Walk at Home)
    63.66 / At least 75 miles total for the Month (FitBit / Extra)
    **I think I’ll be pretty close to my goal by the 31st! Maybe even over by a few! Woot!**
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    walking/running:
    5/25: 8.25

Total:
    On foot:49.40
    On bike: 51.9

Goal:
    On foot: 50+
    On bike: 50+
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Sunday share- My name is Laurie and I have lost about 67-70 pounds in the last three years, next month will mark my 4th anniversary on this weight loss journey. I found MFP about 6 months after starting then this thread a few months later. This process takes time to figure out and it is a constant learning process. At this point, I am happy that I have kept off the weight that I loss but would like to lose more. However, I realize that most of my adult life from about age 20 on I have been in the 200's, so the fact that I am under 200 is wonderful. I typically have more energy, enjoy working out and have discovered new hobbies. 4 years ago, I seldom exercised, spent most of the time sitting on my butt, and missing out on life. Today, I love biking, indoor rock climbing, swimming and just being around people. My goals are simple now and that is to become comfortable with the person I am becoming and how to dress my body. Yes, I am still learning how to deal with the weight loss and that may be what is slowing me down at this point. Meaning that my subconscious may be influencing me not to lose the weight, until I come to terms with losing it completely. Hopefully this summer, I will be able to jump start the weight loss again. I started this journey weighing in at 268-270 lbs and now I hover around 195 lbs.

I opted not to run today just to tired and a busy week finally caught up to me. Tomorrow, I hope to ride for at least 25 miles then I might run for 30 minutes. That way I can cross both things off my list for the weekend.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Memorial Day. Thank you to everyone has served to protect our country. A special thanks to those who gave their lives for our freedom.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Robin. I hope that you've had great day.
    Mileage for today: 3.74 miles
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Just updating the spreadsheet for our challenge.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Congratulations to the following people who have exceed their initial goal.

Kaye-goal was 100 miles currently completed 108.35 miles
    Little Shadow goal was 25 miles currently completed 29.32
    Nettie goal was 80 miles currently completed 85.99
    Aimmee goal was 100 miles currently completed 100.15
    P1nxy- original goal was 100 miles Currently has completed 100.57 (waiting for this weeks update) working towards 150 miles
    Tanya original goal was 100 miles, currently completed 129 miles- working towards 150 miles

Don't Stop NOW-We still have 1 week left in this challenge- OH the Distances we will travel.:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

This is a reminder to update your mileage for the week ending 5/25/14. :smooched: :bigsmile: :laugh: :smile: :wink: :happy:

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

The following people are within 20 miles of their goals
    ushkil (16.93)
    Robin E (14)
    Damensha (11.33)
    Tom (16.19)
    L2T (17.75)
    Kelley (9.1)

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

The following people have 21 to 35 miles to go.. We got this and we will reach our goals. This may be less, since the week has not been fully reported yet.

LaurieK (26.12 miles)
    JT (32.12 miles)
    tlh (22.61 miles)
    tanya (21 miles to 150 miles) 2nd goal
    Robin B (27.4 miles)
    SkinnyJ (36.5)
    P1nxy (49.43 miles to 150 miles) 2nd goal
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--I know what you mean about a busy week catching up with you. I had fully intended to hit the gym when I got home today, but I kept nodding off on the train showing how completely exhausted I was. :yawn: I decided to do some things around the house and go grocery shopping instead. Didn't even attempt more grading b/c I knew I would just fall asleep trying to read essays. I also feel the same way about my weight loss journey. I also had been in the 200s for years (and creeping up and up), so on the one hand I'm really happy to be in Onederland. However, I feel like I've been stuck in the 180s FOREVER. :grumble:

@tom--I'm not much of a pizza person (well at least not thin crust--I'm a diehard Chicago deep dish fan!), but those photos made my mouth water!

@kaye--your family gatherings sound a lot like childhood gatherings at my grandmother's house. My grandma was 1 of 9 siblings and had 5 of her own kids who produced 9 grandchildren. Whenever we got together for holidays there would be people coming and going all day rotating to the dining table whenever they got hungry. Very good memories!

@nettie--those floors are gorgeous! PS--I love X-men, but haven't seen the new movie yet.

@beth--great to see you back! Can't wit to hear what you've been up to.

@robin--Happy birthday!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: It's Monday, correct? I'm sorry to hear about your siblings' reaction to your attempts to connect more with them. I'm very close to my sisters, but my husband is not close to his family which has always been very odd to me. His mother is the same way--she never went to visit family living on the East coast while they were alive, and as her mother and siblings passed away, I learned she didn't even go for their funeral services. I grew up in a family that always traveled to visit, and missing the funeral of a parent or sibling would be completely unheard of in either of my parents' families. I feel bad that your family isn't more receptive to building relationships, but as you and others have said, you've made a family of your friends--both online and off. :heart:

Sorry for not getting to everyone--I'll try to catch up more tomorrow. :flowerforyou:

Sunday Share:
    The double bachelorette was a lot of fun. I ate a lot and drank a bit (but not TOO much :wink: ). However, we also walked a danced quite a bit, so I"m calling Saturday a wash--not even going to attempt to log it since it would all be a big guessing game.

Grading Goals:
    1.5/52 Junior research papers
    2. 52/52 poetry journals

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walking in city DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym RAN OUTSIDE INSTEAD
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Fri--rest day WALKED GUNNER
    Sat--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles
    5/19 = 3 miles
    5/20= 3 miles
    5/21= 0 miles
    5/22= 2 miles
    5/23= 1.5 miles
    5/24= 0 miles
    5/25= 4 miles
    5/26 =miles
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    @Tom - those pizzas look amazing! Also, I think I will borrow your QOD for my dad's hiking journal. He's out on the PCT again this summer. :)
    @Robin - Happy birthday, again! :flowerforyou:
    @Everyone - good going on your May miles! That's a lot of walking/running/cycling, etc!

Sunday Share - I'm Beth. I'm 44 years old and live in Connecticut with my two dogs. I posted quite frequently on here for over a year, but then @10 months ago, stress and busy-ness and not-a-lot-to-say-syndrome led to mostly just reading, then to even more occasional reading. I've never completely lost track of the thread, though, and always enjoy seeing how everyone is doing. When I was at this more regularly, I had lost about 90 pounds, but then when I stopped logging consistently and started stress-eating and fast-fooding on the way home from my crazy new job, I put almost 60 pounds back on. I haven't weighed for several weeks while I've tried to get back into the swing of things, but I am planning to weigh in sometime this week and am really hoping for a substantial loss.... at least, I think I have been losing again. I am working the holiday weekend at my per-diem position at group homes for young adults with severe, persistent mental illness, including three overnight shifts on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday... plus my regular job at a school for adolescents with severe behavioral and emotional problems first shift Tuesday through Friday... so I expect to be exhausted for the next few days... I won't weigh until my schedule evens out, maybe around Friday or Saturday, because when I'm not sleeping or eating right, the scale isn't very kind. Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to summer break - even if I can't take the summer completely off and need to continue job-searching in earnest, I will definitely relish the end of the school job - the school is actually closing at the end of this year, which I think is a very good thing, since it has been poorly managed and is so chaotic :grumble: I started there in August, and by mid-September, I knew I wasn't going back for a second year. I have been applying for jobs since January, but only looking for positions that would be a relatively big step up in pay and benefits and responsibilities... mostly State stuff. I have an interview coming up on June 22. It's a part-time position, but that might be ideal anyway, because with part-time hours, I could focus on returning to graduate school. I will be in for the June challenge - need new motivation to get all these stress pounds off. Not sure how I will measure my miles because in June they are mostly open-water swimming miles or hiking miles (my fitbit broke and I haven't been able to replace it yet :sad: )... but I will do my best to guess-ti-mate.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    May 25th mileage... 2.9mi
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day everyone!

I spent the days in the gardens again yesterday. My back yard is now complete with the exception of a small section that I have to weed. Last night we lit a fire in the fire pit and lounged in the yard sipping moscato. It was really relaxing and peaceful. Today I plan on finishing off that section in the backyard then working for bit in the front of the house. It's not too bad in the front so that should go quickly. I have to cut my daffodils and tulips down to the ground because they are out of bloom and look messy now. I also want to transplant some daffodils in the back yard. The previous owner of my house planted to many in the front, which look nice, but there are way too many. We are going to BBQ today and have a relaxing day. I just hope the weather cooperates. It is supposed to be a beautiful day today however right now it looks overcast and like it is going to rain any minute.

Thanks everyone for the kind words on my floors. I am in love with them. Oh my goodness though, they are dust magnets and show every little piece of dirt. I am always cleaning them.

Tom - Those pizzas look amazing. After the movie Saturday morning we stopped at the pizza place for lunch before doing our errands. I wish I took a picture of the slice I had. They made a Sicilian thin crust. They skipped the sauce, layered on fresh mozzarella and tomato then drizzled pesto on it in a crisscross pattern. Not only was it beautiful but it was delicious too.

Laurie - I loved reading your story of your journey. You have come such a long way. How much more would you like to lose?

Skinny - I am glad to hear you had fun Saturday! Sorry to hear you feel like you have been stuck in the 180's all month. I have been fluctuating between 215-217 all month. It has been frustrating me especially when I see everyone else having successes and I am still at the same point. Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking about this. Even though I am being active and trying to keep my food in check I could be doing more. There were a few days I didn't weigh my food, but in all fairness my food scale was broken and I was waiting for the new one to arrive. There are a few days here and there where I didn't get in enough water and I went over on calories. Last night is a perfect example, I had 3 glasses of moscato while sitting by the fire. I didn't get around to logging the other 2 yet but it put me over. Also I have really slacked when it comes to my exercise routine. I have not lifted all month, have not been out for a run or even a walk. I know what I need to do to succeed. I definitely am going to up things for June. I especially need to get in better shape for our 5K in September!

Beth - We are neighbors. I live on LI, in Port Jefferson. My bestie lives in CT. What will you be going to grad school for? I graduated from grad school not to long ago. I say it was definitely worth going to school later in life to better myself. Best of luck to you!

My Miles:
    5/1 - 3.41 miles
    5/2 - 3.74 miles
    5/3 - 6.92 miles
    5/4 - 2.13 miles
    5/5 - 4.73 miles
    5/6 - 5.64 miles
    5/7 - 4.39 miles
    5/8 - 3.28 miles
    5/9 - 2.91 miles
    5/10 - 4.53 miles
    5/11 - 4.47 miles
    5/12 - 4.08 miles
    5/13 - 3.1 miles
    5/14 -2.23 miles
    5/15 - 2.11 miles
    5/16 - 1.42 miles (laziest day ever!)
    5/17 - 3.24 miles
    5/18 - 7.37 miles
    5/19 - .79 miles (Fitbit died, should be more)
    5/20 - 2.54 miles (Fitbit charging, should be more)
    5/21 - 3.37 miles
    5/22 - 2.2 miles
    5/23 - 4.07 miles
    5/24 - 3.32 miles
    5/25 - 4.78 miles

Total: 90.77 miles
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Just for fun, here is Harvest Moon laying in bed last night. :laugh:
    b9bde549-4412-4e15-aad0-80d773256851_zpsd46034d2.jpg
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Weekly Mileage Check-In:

5/19 - 1.03
    5/20 - 2.1
    5/21 - .9
    5/22 - 1.76
    5/23 - 1.45
    5/24 - 7.19
    5/25 - 3.81
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day Eveyone!

Please think of me when you are laying into some of that fabulous grilled food today while I sleep, and I’ll try to get in a few Z’s for you to get you by until after your festivities. And remember... Don't :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: too much! Let's Be Careful Out There!

Not much to report at the moment… Work last night was really busy at the beginning and we had several new babies get their birthdays last night. Still trying to catch up to y’all on the thread… I’m getting there slowly but surely so I can do some decent personals. OH! I mistakenly thought that Kaye had asked about me being cheerful… Sorry Kaye! It was Robin that asked… Answer is still the same though! LOL!

Nighty night Y’all! (I Really need to find me a good tag line to put here!)

~ Jenn :flowerforyou:
    Monday 5/19 – 2.93 miles (7053 steps)
    Tuesday 5/20 – 1.83 miles (4539 steps)
    Wednesday 5/21 – 4.08 miles (10111 steps)
    Thursday 5/22 – 4.13 miles (10210 steps)
    Friday 5/23 – 3.9 miles (9653 steps) Time got away from me at work! Ack!
    Saturday 5/24 – 3.42 miles (8127 steps)
    Sunday 5/25 – 4.23 miles (10321 steps)
    May Mileage Goals:
    16 / 31 - 6,000 Steps / Day = 2.5 Miles / Day
    13 / 20 - 5 Extra Miles / Week (LS - Walk at Home)
    67.89 / At least 75 miles total for the Month (FitBit / Extra)
    **I’m already nearly to my 6,000 step daily goal for today already!**
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody. :drinker:

eb28af90-913c-4d48-adb4-99cbfbb0cb8b_zpsfd0fb25a.jpg
    67d1baf5-f988-472a-b7ea-d5f8c5073920_zpsd9afad93.jpg

3M- I thought of you when I saw the picture below:laugh:
    c18596f6-9384-4fd7-ac23-bcc784889959_zpsc9e572c7.jpg

525_zps88fe97c3.jpg

“Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” ~Raymond Lindquist

Tom