Coffee !!

Options

Replies

• raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I went in the army right out of high school many many years ago. We were on a three week field exercise and ran out of cream and sugar on day two or something like that. Anyway I had to drink the coffee black for three weeks and ever since then that's the only way I drink it. Cream and sugar make it too sweet for me.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I have cut down on my coffee. I used to drink one cup a day now I only take it on the Weekends. I don't ever see myself drinking just plain black coffee. I need my cream in it. But good for you that you are brave to just have it black lol
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i drink so much coffee it's pretty much ceased to have an affect on me. i still love it though. it's very comforting to me. i started out dressing it up with creamers, but for probably the past 7 years now i just use a couple 0 cal sweetners, paired with some yummy flavored grounds, and it's pretty blissful. i drink enough it might knock me back about 30-50 cals for the day, but i don't count it. it's pretty negligible IMO considering how active i am and i round up when weighing/measuring most all of my other food.
  • minusalatte
    minusalatte Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If I go out I usually get a skim milk vanilla latte (for a treat I get a cooler or frappe - but they have lots of sugar). At home I brew coffee and only put 1 small creamer in my coffee cup (those little tiny cups - that are on the table at restaurants) works well and then I know exactly how much cream I put in. Coffee is my weakness!!!
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When I started this I was honest with myself I knew that I would never give up my coffee. I have 2 cups of coffee each day. I do not measure my creamer because I never have. Also on Fridays I have a local coffee shop coffee- just 1. none of this gets logged because this is one thing I am just not willing to change or give up.
  • michab108
    michab108 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've always loved cream and sugar in my coffee, but given that I've recently learned that dairy and I don't agree, I've had to nix the cream. It's tough. For the summer, I'm going to start brewing a big pot of coffee and keep it cold in the fridge with a bit of SF caramel syrup.
  • rljohnsufl
    rljohnsufl Posts: 48
    Options
    I used to need a ton of sugar and milk to drink coffee. Now I drink it with a half cup of almond/soy milk and a half teaspoon of sugar. I have a sensitive stomach so I can't really drink it black. I also have to make sure to get a medium or dark roast, as those are less acidic. I would like to eliminate the sugar but half a teaspoon is not too much.

Also, I only have one cup a day, again because of my stomach. I'd love to have two cups, but then I get vicious heartburn despite the medications I take for it. For my afternoon "pick me up" it's plain China jade green tea.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I too gave up cream and sugar in my coffee. It took me about two days to get use to drinking it black and now I love it.
  • mariadufault
    Options
    I love my coffee also...my approx 8 cups a day. I take it with 1 Tbsp of non-dairy creamer like Cremora and 1 packet of Splenda.... i thinks it's about 12 cal each.......is this correct? I can try drinking it black but if this is not to bad i would keep drinking it this way.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I always took my coffee black with no sweetener. A few years ago I needed to temper the acids in it a little so I now add a little half & half. I've never been a fan of fancy coffee drinks, just give me that cup of joe!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Before mfp I used to pour french vanilla creamer into my coffee and I had no clue. I probably poured about 300 cals worth each cup.

Now.....

1 Tbsp of Baileys Caramel Creamer and a little bit of Stevia. 37 cals that I will never give up!
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    ThisCharmingFellow Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Strong and black for me, always has been. I love seeing all the different coffees people have but I just don't like it with anything in it.

Not that often I have it anyway, more of a tea man (see location!)
  • stepht99
    stepht99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've tried cutting coffee completely before and it resulted in really bad headaches... so instead of cutting totally I've switched from double 18% cream down to a single 5% and from a double white sugar to a single raw turbinado/cane sugar... from buying at a coffee shop to brewing myself at work. I used to drink 4-6 a day, now I'm down to 1-2 cups first thing in the morning only... then I flush my body with tons of water throughout the rest of the day!
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I used to (long ago) dump so much sugar/cream in mine.
    Over time adapted to black with stevia drops; however
    we recently bought a Keurig so I'm trying different things
    too. When I feel like indulging I use a mini caramel
    machiatto creamer 30cal.

-edited: Sometimes I do have my protein powder in it.
    When I do, I take it chilled.
  • SaraLily
    SaraLily Posts: 30
    Options
    I always drink my coffee black, except if it's really BAD coffee..

So, I didn't have to make changes :)

I can't stand sweet coffee...it makes me want to puke :P
  • erelyl
    erelyl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Not a coffee addict but i do love that one coffee every midmorning workday. I used to use a ridiculous amount of coffee cream (18%mf), more for texture and temperature than taste. I've manage to wean myself off the cream and now it's 2% milk, or often just skim milk. I use about an ounce or so in a 16 oz cup, and i do log it, but the 20 or so calories don't make or break me. As a wise friend told me when i was whining about changing my coffee "you didn't get fat on coffee sweetheart"
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Strong, with three teaspoons of sugar and a dash of powdered non-dairy creamer (I think I do this out of habit rather than necessity). I used to drink 4-5 cups a day (along with 5-6 Dr. Peppers a day). When I think about how many calories I used to drink, I'm astounded.

But yeah, I won't give up my one cup of coffee a day.
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I Love love love my coffee!! and I love my flavoured creamer. I used to do a pot easy in the morning. now I do one mug and 2tbsp of creamer. and that's it for the day. it took some getting used to but now I am and I feel better for it....but then again who wouldn't feel better dropping from 12 cups - 1 cup in a 4 hour period lol
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't drink that much coffee (2-3 times per week usually), but I enjoy it in a variety of ways. Depends on the mood. I do sometimes drink it black but it's not my default.
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    COFFEE! Just the sound of it makes me smile. A year ago I gave up sugar in my coffee at the urging of my trainer. Now I just use a little fat-free Half-N-Half or skim milk. I figure it's calcium, right?! I can tell from this post that I'm not the only once who LOVES coffee! :)