Just hit 300lbs. Can't keep doing this to myself.

Options
Hi. I'm Sherry. I just hit 300 lbs. I have gained 100 lbs in the last 2 years alone. I can't keep doing this to myself. I will be 50 this year and I act more like a 90 year old. I am embarassed of myself, embarrassed for my kids, and I want a change. I need a change. I HAVE to change!!

Today my journey begins. This weight took a long time to get here so I know it will take a long time to come off.

My sister uses this app and has been doing fantastic. That's what brought me here.

I look forward to having your love & support and hope that I can do that for you, too.

Here I go!!

Replies

• windweasel66
    windweasel66 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good for you Sherry...the sooner you start the sooner the weight will come off... Feel free to add me if you want some support x
  • BlueeyedKelly
    Options
    You have taken the first step so well done! Feel free to add me as a friend. This will be the last day that you're 300lbs! :flowerforyou:
  • Llyna2014
    Llyna2014 Posts: 4
    Options
    First step down. You're on your way. Cheers! :drinker:
  • lauriemueller9
    Options
    You've started, for me that was the hardest part! You can add me for support if you like.
  • carldavidweb
    Options
    You can do it! I believe in you
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry, feel free to add me. I have been therecand understand totally what you are going thru...
    Cindy
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started at 298 in January. The first couple of months were easy. It as been a little more difficult as time goes by. I am now at 259. Add me as a friend.
  • kellyka142
    kellyka142 Posts: 1
    Options
    first of all,you shouldn't be embarassed of yourself!and this lourney is for you,because you need to feel better,not for the others but for you!so welcome!
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey there! You've taken a great first step, realizing what you need to do! :D I hope you find success and support here!
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first step. You can do it! I've lost 92 lbs and am 54 yrs old. Feel free to add me.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Congrats on a wise decision. That can often be the hardest part. Good luck in your journey!
  • ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Sherry. I just hit 300 lbs. I have gained 100 lbs in the last 2 years alone. I can't keep doing this to myself. I will be 50 this year and I act more like a 90 year old. I am embarassed of myself, embarrassed for my kids, and I want a change. I need a change. I HAVE to change!!

Today my journey begins. This weight took a long time to get here so I know it will take a long time to come off.

My sister uses this app and has been doing fantastic. That's what brought me here.

I look forward to having your love & support and hope that I can do that for you, too.

Here I go!!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I'm with you... I was over 300 a few months ago! Just stay positive... One day and one bite at a time.
  • ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry. Please feel free to add me as your friend., Sincerely Edna Emerson
  • m_o_
    m_o_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be ashamed of yourself, Mrs. Sherry. We all allow ourselves to fall for various reasons. You have come a long way by admitting you want to change, now you just have to take it one day, step, moment at a time.
  • mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey Sherry,

There are a LOT of wonderfully supprotive PALS on here! I hope you meet some! I'm turning 50 at the end of the summer and want to make major changes too.

I'm on here all day, every day. I'd love to have you along for my journey, so we can encourage each other. Will send you an invite. Hope you accept!
  • juliawhitejames
    Options
    Just want to say, it sounds like you've already lost weight. As soon as you stop carrying around the weight of whatever is holding you back, you lose weight. Just wait for the scale to change. The hardest thing is to change y9our mind and decide to do things differently.

Lose doubt, fear, and anything else that stands in your way.

Gain strength, power and positivity. I know you can do it, and hope you do to. Peace to you.:smile:
  • bluesy8899
    bluesy8899 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, you can do this!
  • ImeldaMGF
    ImeldaMGF Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Sherry

I just started as well with a substantial amount to lose so feel free to add me and we can support each other.

I've set my next birthday as my goal to get down to target weight but I've broken it down into monthly chunks of where I want to be.

When I get to target I'm going to take my first ever selfie and put it on Facebook! Haha
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step, and come to the right place! Don't rush things, don't make it harder than it needs to be. You can do it!