Coffee !!

Options

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I drink it black or I mix vanilla protein powder with milk, whisk then add coffee, tastes like a french vanilla cappuccino
  • tmyers541
    tmyers541 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a special section in my diary just for coffee, that's how much I love it. 3 teaspoons non-dairy creamer, 2 teaspoons erythritol, 1 teaspoon sugar. I'm slowly cutting back on how much sweetener I use but I could never drink it black. Blech
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    This is one of my biggest issues with this whole weight loss thing. I cannot, at this point, give up my coffee or how i sweeten it. I am a light and sweet girl, half and half and sugar, and it uses up a lot of calories for me each day. I don't know what else to do, but for now, I don't feel i can change this. I need my coffee or I would be in a coma most of the day. I do not like the low-fat half and half, cannot drink it with milk only, or low-fat milk. I can stomach the fake nondairy creamer, but is that any better really? As far as sugar, i use on scoop, will bring that down to less over time, but I like it sweet.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I started measuring my whole milk because I was using a full cup, divided between two 16 oz coffee cups. I now use 1/4 cup and have two cups of coffee a day.
    We our coffee snobs, drinking home roasted varieties and use a French Press. I'm not going to spoil it by using skim milk or drinking it black, which I can't seem to get used to.
    I've also tried almond and soy milk which I like but can't stand in my coffee.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with skim milk and no sugar. Sometimes I will drink a Chai Latte K-cup which is 30 cals. If I have iced coffee I have skim milk and one sugarless flavor shot which is 35 cals. I'm so glad that something as awesome as coffee can be low-cal!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I started measuring my whole milk because I was using a full cup, divided between two 16 oz coffee cups. I now use 1/4 cup and have two cups of coffee a day.
    We our coffee snobs, drinking home roasted varieties and use a French Press. I'm not going to spoil it by using skim milk or drinking it black, which I can't seem to get used to.
    I've also tried almond and soy milk which I like but can't stand in my coffee.

Adding a bunch of milk (1/4 cup) is essentially spoiling the coffee. Real coffee snobs drink coffee black, if taken any other way, it is usually only with crappy coffee, or you are not a coffee snob
  • KatyRu
    KatyRu Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, coffee.

I'm used to drinking coffee in a variety of different ways, as I work at a Starbucks...One thing I will NOT do is use anything less than whole milk or any sugar free syrups. Not because of the taste, but because of all the modifications and fake things that must be put in. Gross. I know that the REAL, full-fat, full-sugar stuff Starbucks uses is full of unnatural stuff as well, but I'd like to keep to a normal level of modification, I guess.

Anyways, my favorite from there is a coffee frappuccino with a shot of espresso. The shot of espresso darkens it JUST enough to be coffee-flavored instead of plain sugar-flavored (the frap roast, even, is sugary). My favorite at home is French Roast, or anything dark, really, with a tablespoon or two of hazelnut creamer. I can drink it black as well, but that makes me feel like I'm at work, so I prefer my coffee with a little something. I ALWAYS work my calories around my coffee, and make sure I have around 500 calories free whenever I'm going to work at Starbucks (I have 2 different locations at that job, plus another job), so that I can sample without feeling guilty. I log all my samples too. Other calories just aren't important in comparison to coffee. :laugh:
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I made mine the night before, put it in the fridge. Next morning, I add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, a bit of Stevia and crushed ice and it's a delicious iced coffee for me to take at work :)

Otherwise, I just have mine with a bit of skim or 1% milk and stevia.
    I like some coffee black, just not the cheap one I buy :)
  • crashj
    crashj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Love my 0 calorie sugar free vanilla syrup and a drop of half in half. Don't need to cut out all the stuff you enjoy :)
  • moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me I've always loved black coffee! However when I'm craving something different, I'll mix almond milk and cinamon in with it. Or I'll blend up some coffee and protein powder, and it makes an incredibly tasty late!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I went from drinking 3-4 cups a day, with cream and sugar, down to 2 at most. My first cup I have light and sweet, but I still measure the cream and sweetener. If I need a second cup, I drink it with one splenda and a little milk or cream. I just always log them and account for it in my food diary. I love my coffee and would find it really, really hard to cut it out completely.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton...gallons...of coffee and tea. I used to say I like my coffee like my men...strong and black...but ended up with bitter and murky...lol... but really I drink black coffee and milk in my tea. I allow one cup of milk per day and when its gone its gone, I will have coffee or water...love a starbucks caramel macciato... Cindy
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee, or hot liquids at all. Don't really care for it!
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my favourite drink.

I've always taken it black. And I love espresso. Americanos are good, too. Percolated coffee (filter) only when it's from a reasonable source (and not sitting on a heated carafe for 6 hours).

In my experience, people that say they like coffee really like coffee-flavoured drinks (e.g. macchiato frapuccino latte with soy milk) - not the coffee per se.
  • IrishAlpha
    IrishAlpha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Cindy, I can relate .. I always said that I like my coffee the way I like my women ... hot, dark, and a little bitter ...
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I went black about 7 or 8 years ago....and now I can't go back !! LOL
    I used to take cream - but cut that out in a weight loss effort....and turns out I love black coffee !
  • beleeLafter
    beleeLafter Posts: 47
    Options
    NEVER EVER...........EVER MESS with COFFEE.
  • idestvitae
    idestvitae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually drink it black but every once in a while I blend it with a TB of coconut oil and a dash of cinnamon :)
  • JSRunning
    JSRunning Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I already take my coffee black. But I need to add sugar, sometimes two lumps. I just can't do it without.

Anyone any tips of trying to cut out the sugar? Or should I just consider giving up coffee altogether? (horrible thought)

Oh... Coconut Oil. That sounds exciting. Where you do you buy Coconut Oil (I'm in the UK).

Jen.
  • idestvitae
    idestvitae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We have it at most grocery or health-food stores here in Canada. It'll make your coffee more like a latte once it's blended :)