Spiralizer

Options
skinnyforhi
skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
Does anyone make noodles using a spiralizer? Is it worth having this gadget in your kitchen? I'm not looking to cut out pasta, I'm looking for a fun new (and hopefully tasty!) way to prepare vegetables.

Thoughts? Recipes?

Thanks!

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the vegetti post on here. Some great ideas.. I LOVE mine.. Have used it several times and so easy to use. Just go in search and look for vegetti or I think it's on this page.. Good luck.
  • Gumjump
    Gumjump Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought one and absolutely love it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    My Son saw a commercial for it and wants to get one. I'm afraid he'll yet to shred up random household items, instead of veggies though. Lol
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    This is what I use http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/titan-peeler-trade-and-julienne-tool-with-garnishing-feature/1016559512?Keyword=Vegetable+peeler
    Works fine to julienne most veggies. Stores in small space. I used a 20% coupon.
  • Jayma375
    Jayma375 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We just got one and so far love it. We used it to make "noodles" out of zuchini and they turned out great! We have very limited space in our kitchen and but think the Spiralizer is worth the small space it takes up in our place.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it. I will take a whole zucchini and make noodles, add sliced grape tomatoes, diced onion and marinate in a TBS of vinegar and oil dressing. It makes a very low calories lunch or snack. I have also used the zucchini/ yellow squash and added the noodles to a stir fry recipe.
  • rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a Paderno World spiralizer, and I can't imagine NOT having it!!!
    http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ

I use it mostly to make zoodles (zucchini noodles) to replace pasta. I have also used it on potatoes, sweet potatoes, and apples. It comes with 3 different "blades" so I can choose how I want my veggies cut - thin noodles, thick noodles, or potato-chip like. It is SO easy to use! It sticks to the counter (but does sometimes move - make sure it's really pushed down!), and is easy to twist away! My biggest "complaint" is that sometimes it can be difficult to get all of the little pieces of veggie out of the blades (not impossible, but hard, since you can't really clean the blades with a sponge, unless you want the sponge to fall apart). I also wish that it had come with a recipe book or ideas or something. I've found plenty of ideas online and on YouTube, though, so that helps a lot :) The blades fit into the base of the spiralizer, which is really handy so it doesn't take up too much space in the kitchen. I keep mine under a cabinet, so it's out of the way when not in use.

Final Grade: 95%

Pros: New cooking tool, promotes healthier choices, fair size, easy to use, easy to put together, easy to take apart
    Cons: $36 (not horrible, especially how much I use mine!), can be a challenge to clean, sometimes slides on countertop, no recipe book, guide, etc.

If you'd like to see the thing in action, visit here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP-eOs2Ew2A

Or you can look over some more information here: http://padernoworldcuisinespiralvegetableslicer.com/

Oh! My favorite recipe: Zoodle Chicken Alfredo
    Zucchini noodles (thin), fried for 3-5 minutes with a small bit of extra virgin olive oil and garlic salt
    cook zucchini with mushrooms (if desired)
    add 1/4 cup Prego Savory Bacon Alfredo
    use 1 -2 cubed chicken tenders (the skinny ones) (cook separately - add once no longer pink)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I received one as a gift and I'm loving it! I dont use it often, but when I do recipes come out very unique in texture. Baked potatoes take on a whole new meaning when you spiralize them. You will love it. To clean it, you will need a brush because the blades are awfully hard to clean with a sponge.
  • westonhive
    westonhive Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mine came in the mail today and I cannot wait to use it!!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the spiralizer here! I <3 mine! Super easy to use and a great way to get my kids to eat zucchini :)
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Asked for one for my birthday tomorrow...can't wait to get it.

There's a great instagram that I follow, and I think she has a blog too-it's called inspiralized and she makes so many yummy looking dishes, all using her spiralizer! I have been bookmarking all her recipes, can't wait to finally give them a try!
  • Roxay81
    Roxay81 Posts: 19
    Options
    I don't have a Spiralizer but plan on getting one because of this food blog:

http://www.inspiralized.com/

She makes meals using a Spiralizer. Hope this helps!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    just ordered one, it's coming thursday - can't wait to try it :)
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking of getting one. Good links for recipes!
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Spiralizer but plan on getting one because of this food blog:

http://www.inspiralized.com/

She makes meals using a Spiralizer. Hope this helps!

^^^^ Thank you Roxay81, that link is fab!!! I love, love, love :heart: mine and get recipes off Skinnytaste
  • Roxay81
    Roxay81 Posts: 19
    Options
    You're very welcome! She was featured on Skinnytaste a month or two back and her recipes look amazing!
  • xxCHAOTIC
    xxCHAOTIC Posts: 4
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been talking back and forth about maybe getting one of these. Guess we're gonna have to!
  • Taryn1627
    Taryn1627 Posts: 120
    Options
    I love my inspiralizer and inspiralized.com is a great website!!!