salad dressing?

Options
I usually eat my salad with balsamic vinegar, but want to try different dressings. So what do you guys prefer your salad with?

Replies

• BetsCblog
    BetsCblog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I usually make home-made, but if I buy store-bought I like the Bolthouse Farms yogurt salad dressings. They have a lot of different flavors to choose from, low in calories, and don't have trans-fats, preservatives, artificial colors, flavors, added sugars and gluten free!

I sound like a commercial (LoL) really they are just good for you and taste good too!: :wink:

Hope that helps!

Betsy
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Just lemon juice and a bit of salt and pepper. I'm a big believer in that a good salad needs no dressing :). Stick some red onion in there and jobs a good un! (apart from onion breath. Yea, that).
  • earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Salad dressing packets with plain Greek yogurt is quite good.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Full fat ranch dressing.

Lite raspberry vinaigrette (usually on a salad with whatever greens I have, walnuts, feta, and strawberries).
  • drattedfatbody52
    Options
    I've been using salad dressing from Walden Farms. I found it at my local health food grocery. It isn't as good as regular dressing but it claims zero calories and even if that isn't true, it's tolerable and comes in a multitude of flavors that is WAY LESS calories than my regular dressing.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I prefer homemade vinaigrettes. Recently though I was craving ranch and since I loathe it from a bottle I made it from a hidden valley package. It was delicious! Totally reminded me of what ranch from my childhood tasted like!.

Also, Kens lite caeser dressing is pretty good.
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Fat free ranch, fat free italian, fat free catalina, fat free anything pretty much....
  • harmonmt
    harmonmt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use the Walden Foods zero calorie dressings. My favorite is the Super Fruit Balsamic Vinaigrette. The Pure Formulas website sells them with free shipping if you can't find them locally.
  • adiesilver
    adiesilver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad dressing is balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced/pressed garlic, salt, and pepper whisked together. Sometimes I just do balsamic and olive oil, but I think it's something about the garlic that adds a little something extra! It's also really good with a little dijon thrown in, too.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Use some toasted sesame oil, black sesame seeds, ginger, Braggs Aminos or soy sauce and rice vinegar, S&P, for an Asian flavour. Take out the sesame seeds, add a bit of peanut butter and hot sauce and you got Thai/Indonesian.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I'll second the Bolt Farms yogurt based dressings...Love those things but can only get a few flavors at my local grocery stores and have not found an outlet online where I can order the other flavors from.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    garlic infused olive oil. A little dizzle goes a long way.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese crumbles.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    my go to lately has been the ALDI Lite-n-fit ranch. If not that, I use Wish Bone Country Italian (i think that's what it's called).
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Opa Greek yogurt dressing for me if I'm eating a salad at home - My fav is the Feta Dill!
    If I'm out, it's usually Ranch or honey mustard, although my adiction right now is Panera's Fuji Apple chicken salad and the dressing that's on it. It's a Fuji Apple Vinegarette - I tried making my own at home, and it was pretty terrible :/
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I love dressings and have a small collection:
    Ken's Steak House sweet Vidalia onion
    Ken's Steak House sundried tomato vinagrette
    Drew's Organics smoked tomato
    Organicville herbes de provence
    Roasted red pepper from my local farmer's market.

None of these have more than 80 cals/serving and I can easily fit that in my budget. I eat A LOT of salad.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    my go-tos are Opa Greek Yogurt dressing in feta and dill
    Annie's Green Goddess
    and Trader Joe's low fat Cilantro
  • mkraizel
    mkraizel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Make the ranch dip with greek yogurt! That's what I do for dip and I thin it out with milk to make a dressing. Even less calories!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm using a light Caesar because I wanted to try something different. I usually eat salad with oil and vinegar, full fat mayo thinned with some lemon juice, or hummus thinned with water.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice and avocado. with a few crumbles of blue cheese. it. is. so. good.