already lost 16st of useless flesh i.e cheating boyfriend!

Options
Hello, I'm from the UK and I have just found this site, it looks fantastic.
I am 37 and work in an emergency department so the everyday stresses and long shifts have not been good on my poor figure.
I have just come out of a long term relationship and I am ready to look after myself now. I enjoy walking and would like to take up swimming when I gain some confidence to put on a swimsuit.
Day 1 was completed today and I am looking forward to tomorrow. I have a long journey so fingers crossed :)

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i just want to wish you luck on your journey. it sounds like you definitely want to make this happen and you can. the secret to successful weight loss is self love. just remember you are worth it. :)
  • BonworthVonFattyPants
    BonworthVonFattyPants Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ha!

It's not funny - but it's funny. I'm glad you are finding some humor during what was almost certainly a very painful experience.

Here's to tomorrow!
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find some great people here that are a wealth of information and have been in your shoes at one time or another... Sounds like your on the right path so far, just keep up your positive attitude! (reading the forums can help with that too) ... I also work long hours in a stress filled job... My best suggestion is to plan your food ahead... At work the food choices are poor most of the time and the taste mediocre at best... If you pack your own meals and snacks (or at least buy healthy ones and package them into individual servings) and only eat what you bring (with the occasional birthday cake or treat snuck in from time to time) you cant help but surpass any goals you are setting... Good luck to you and enjoy!
  • kellyangel75
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to a new future. Thanks for your words of support :):happy: