Excuses

Options

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    But the kids want candy, soda pop and potato chips. I have to buy them for the kids.

YES! Why would you feed that crap to your kids?! Do you want obese children??

I saw a documentary about obese children once. This kid was very obese and suffering health complications at the age of FOUR. His parents' excuse for giving him nothing but junk food was that he'd throw a tantrum if they didn't. Parents of the year, right there.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    "I don't have time to eat better" is the one i dislike more then anything, and actually was arguing with someone who told me that yesterday. The conversations always start with why they would like to do something but wont.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    "You keep track of everything you eat? I couldn't do that. That sounds hard."
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    "If you want me to stay on this, then you better make it interesting....."

I hope you are going to use this line back on him.

i just sprayed my coffee on the computer screen, thanks :)
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I can't make my own lunch because I caaaant find any tupperwaaaaaaaare:sad: (this is one of mine)

^ got a laugh out of me because my tupperware seems to grow legs daily.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    "I can't go over my data plan on my phone. MFP will use it all up" - My friend a few weeks after asking me to help her set up MFP and show her how to use it.

Well then cut down your time on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
  • rudexvirus
    rudexvirus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I can't make my own lunch because I caaaant find any tupperwaaaaaaaare:sad: (this is one of mine)

^ got a laugh out of me because my tupperware seems to grow legs daily.

Mine all fall into a black hole somewhere, (Mostly when the boys do the dishes. I don't know how they lose things that have always had the same home...)

"Meat is fattening and has carbs" *Eats heaping bowl fool of rice and seafood, sandwiches with 4 servings of peanut butter, and an entire bag of pasta* < My roommate
  • AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    "You can get sick from salmonella eating veggies, I'll stick with burgers & fries"
    "I need my highly processed grains, HFCS and caffeine for energy"
    "I don't want to be the only guy at work...eating rabbit food"
    "The nitrates in vegetables make me horny all the time" <----lol absolutely my favorite :)
  • jenna40_2go
    jenna40_2go Posts: 101
    Options
    "If you want me to stay on this, then you better make it interesting....."

I hope you are going to use this line back on him.

I laugh hard on this one! I'm still laughing.
  • hooterklb
    hooterklb Posts: 27
    Options

It's too hard... it is hard to lose weight, it's also hard to maintain and hard to be fat, choose your hard.

I may put that on a t-shirt. Very nice.
  • katykuns
    katykuns Posts: 5 Member
    Options

"I'm on my period"

EDIT:whoops kind of went with excuses for not eating healthy & working out :S

Hey - that one is legit! You should see the amount of chocolate and steak I eat those days.

Completely agree! Exercise helps, but I physically cannot go without eating more calories or I am like a demon :laugh:
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    "But I'm a vegetarian."
    Yeah, vegetarians are suppose to eat vegetables, not pasta covered in HFCS.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't know why nor I care why people don't eat healthy, but my own excuse for not being able to lose weight is I am a big eater. Does this count?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    "But I'm a vegetarian."

Why? Vegetarians who don't eat grains (and only veggies? Miserable!) can be at risk for not getting enough aminos.

My next excuse is that someone on MFP made me really want some pasta covered in HFCS and just HFCS. :angry:
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    "I can't afford the food"

Here's a thought....if you ate the appropriate amount of food for your body instead of 4 full on extra value meals, you could probably afford it.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    "But I'm a vegetarian."

Why? Vegetarians who don't eat grains (and only veggies? Miserable!) can be at risk for not getting enough aminos.

My next excuse is that someone on MFP made me really want some pasta covered in HFCS and just HFCS. :angry:
    My problem is vegetarians that don't eat veggies.

Here's another
    I'm afraid to find out what I weigh.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who feel this thread a bit...off? Whiners are gonna be whiners. But who are we to complain about them? maybe a bit judgemental? maybe those sound like excuse to you but reality to them? who knows so who cares...
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Co-worker (struggling with her weight):
    "America is fat because people can't walk anywhere without being afraid of getting mugged, raped or killed." When someone tried to argue with her, telling her that is just an excuse to not go for a jog outside, she replied with, "it's not an excuse at all! Especially for a woman like me..."

Same co-worker:
    I asked her to climb stairs with me during our breaks. After taking the stairs with me one time, she told me climbing stairs hurts her knees so it must be bad for her. She stopped completely afterwards.

Another time, I told her I rarely go to fast food restaurants and she told me I was deprived of American food.

She sees me eating yogurt and starts commenting that she'd rather have "real" food.

:indifferent:
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My husband/wife made me gain weight.... really haha rofl