I'm nervous about the before picture.

Options
endermako
endermako Posts: 785 Member
I have never ever ever ever taken a before picture. I plan on doing it tonight. I really want to this time and I feel that it will motivate me to stay healthy. What emotions did you go through when you took your before picture? I would like to be prepared. I don't even think I've seen myself in a full length mirror in a decade :(

Replies

• ryannsmom921
    ryannsmom921 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You just take it. Then you say, "I'm never going to look like this again!" And you start your new life.....
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You need to do this for yourself, and you won't regret it. You won't like what you see...that's ok. You have to face the reality of your body before you can change it... and you CAN change it. You'll be so proud of your progress pictures when you see the changes you're making. It's worth it.

I cried when I took my before pictures, and I was angry, angry at myself that I'd let myself get that fat...... but it lit a fire under my butt, and those pictures STILL motivate me to keep going even 2 years later, because I'll NEVER go back to that. Just do it girl. :)
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You just take it. Then you say, "I'm never going to look like this again!" And you start your new life.....

^^^Couldn't have said it better. Trust me, in a few years you will look back at that person and wonder what would have she been doing now. As you will simply be born again. It's the best thing that will every happen to you. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is better when you are fit.
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I really didn't want to do mine - I did it the other day and OMG! talk about a motivation pic..it looks like my bum is eating my pants and I have back boobs
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Definitely do it..... It helps keep you motivated xxx
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Think about how awesome the transformation is going to be when you have your progress and eventual after picture to compare it to. I actually hid all the unflattering pictures of me at my highest weight and then had to go dig them out recently to showcase the WOW effect of my weight loss progress.

Check out the success subforum and be motivated by all the awful before pictures and the fact that tons of people started where you are now and are succeeding :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I confess that I could not stand looking at it after I took the pic and deleted mine. Now that I have done the hard work I regret it. Be strong and just do it.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    For me it was excitement but also embarassment of my body.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When you reach your goal weight you'll wish you did it. It's one of my regrets.
  • OldChief10
    OldChief10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    in to follow the epic transformation
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Dreaded it. Made it even worse on myself because I had my 27 year old daughter who had done Insanity 3 times by that point take the picture for me.

But...I'm really glad I have that starting picture to show my progress.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Just do it! Then have a look and say "God am I cute!".
  • manjoharris
    manjoharris Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was devastated when I took mine. But just try and remember, that without the before picture, you can't have your fabulous "after" picture!!!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I'll keep you all posted tonight then! Im nervous but I think I can do this.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Who says you have to look at it?

Trust the person acting as photographer for you to keep it somewhere safe.
  • bostonboxermom
    bostonboxermom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just do it! I was disgusted by my pic - that was Jan 10th at 165 lbs. Today at 140 lbs I took new pics.. The difference is amazing, even with 15 lbs to go! You will be happy you did it later!
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I restarted my weight loss journey Monday...After several months of bad eating and no exercise. Your post inspired me to take my first ever before picture. Last time I lost weight I didn't have a motivational picture to keep me focused. I honestly forgot how big I was. Maybe if I'd had that picture I wouldn't be restarting my weight loss again. Best of luck! It's all worth it in the end.
  • Macyfiinks
    Macyfiinks Posts: 29 Member
    Options

This is exactly how I felt when I took my before pictures about a week ago. It really does help. I just imagine how awesome it will be when I can compare my before and after pictures and see just how much more healthy I look - and feel!
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the first step :) Just before I took my before pic( few weeks ago) I thought in order for me to change I need to see the problem, so I took the picture and stared at it for a few mins. I wanted it to sink in, so now if I ever feel like ohh I cant do it today I think to myself " do you want to be that lady in the picture or a happy, healthy lady who can do anything"
  • olivebreaded
    Options
    I hear you. I hate looking at it. I printed it out and put it on the fridge so I could be reminded of it late night when I am snacking. I certainly can't see that far ahead into the "during" or "after" pic yet.