Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    These threads ALWAYS make me wonder what thread responses prompted the OPs to post a "mean people" thread in the first place.

OP, what was the straw that broke your back? What moral crime did you witness that forced you to start this thread? I would love to know.

This is a legit question but.....also.....

ron-swanson-gif.gif
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! The same people who think they are experts keep slamming others . I hardly every get into the rants or respond to many of these. I like talking and comparing notes with my friends and reasonable people....but sometimes it seems that the forums are an attraction for people who are extremely bored and just want to rant . They need to get a life. There are a lot of us who really value the friendship and support of others!

Thanks. I know my post may seem contradictary, but it does state it is a rant!!

You are all laughable. You click on my post for what reason??

Teh awesome gifs!

de9d6b7ac0fe8d5afeab92a88ece91fa.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! The same people who think they are experts keep slamming others . I hardly every get into the rants or respond to many of these. I like talking and comparing notes with my friends and reasonable people....but sometimes it seems that the forums are an attraction for people who are extremely bored and just want to rant . They need to get a life. There are a lot of us who really value the friendship and support of others!

Something to laugh at while I cook
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

LOL. Next time can you make it clear in your title that you don't want people to click on your post? Cause that would be really helpful. Thanks.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    For the record, I'm incapable of rudeness or arrogance while any replies to this post is proof positive that YOU are the problem.
  • kirstiejess
    kirstiejess Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx
    These threads always get started because someone disagreed with the OP in some other thread, so please OP link us to the thread of "rude" people who have scorned thee
    8lo2n5.jpg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1302456-bread-what-is-a-healthier-substitute

You're welcome!

I'm sifting through page 3 and have yet to find anything mean... surprise, surprise.

When they start talking about eating disorders. The comments weren't directed towards me, i hardly commented. I was refering to the way people communicate.

Some say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit... Just saying
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I get how you feel, OP. I get tired of the useless stupid people who think that support no matter what is the way to deal with people. And worse, the stupid people who try to pass off halfassed advice as fact because they read an opinion blog of a stupid person or seem to think that fat and sugar are the devil.

And how dare someone give their opinion to a girl eating 500 calories per day and running a half marathon daily to lose 30lbs by next week to impress a boy by looking good in a bikini on vacation?! How do they know her unique body isnt designed completely different than the rest of humanity and needs fuel for healthy body function?

You are all jerks. With your hilarious gifs and sarcasm.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I get how you feel, OP. I get tired of the useless stupid people who think that support no matter what is the way to deal with people. And worse, the stupid people who try to pass off halfassed advice as fact because they read an opinion blog of a stupid person or seem to think that fat and sugar are the devil.

And how dare someone give their opinion to a girl eating 500 calories per day and running a half marathon daily to lose 30lbs by next week to impress a boy by looking good in a bikini on vacation?! How do they know her unique body isnt designed completely different than the rest of humanity and needs fuel for healthy body function?

:flowerforyou:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx
    These threads always get started because someone disagreed with the OP in some other thread, so please OP link us to the thread of "rude" people who have scorned thee
    8lo2n5.jpg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1302456-bread-what-is-a-healthier-substitute

You're welcome!

I'm sifting through page 3 and have yet to find anything mean... surprise, surprise.

When they start talking about eating disorders. The comments weren't directed towards me, i hardly commented. I was refering to the way people communicate.

Some people think that carbs make you fat too.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options

And...it's...not laughable that your post did exactly what you were ranting at other people about? Cos I tell you, I laughed....

Some would call it ironic! Just copying the behaviour of everyone else on here as it seems its the way to communicate these days.

I *could* believe that if it hadn't taken you pages of replies to think that one up....*after* other people pointed out how ironic it was..... :huh:
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options

Totes. :drinker:
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hello. on the whole I am not rude or arrogant. I did skip to page 6 immediately to see what level this thread had reached on the rantscale....not disappointed. well done OP for starting it off. :flowerforyou: ranting at pr****s marvelous way to complain about rudies :love: :laugh:
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    These threads ALWAYS make me wonder what thread responses prompted the OPs to post a "mean people" thread in the first place.

OP, what was the straw that broke your back? What moral crime did you witness that forced you to start this thread? I would love to know.

People told her to eat bread. Hideous, I know.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Just a rant.

Rant over!!

Xx
    8lo2n5.jpg

You're welcome!

To be fair some people say eating after dark makes the food instantly turn into fat.
  • NYCGamerGirlx
    NYCGamerGirlx Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Someone finally said what others have had on their minds for a long time. Nice job OP.

<- not rude or arrogant :smile:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    there's no amount of money in the universe that could get me to post on this thread. no amount.

....wait

...what? :huh:

PS - OP, there are jerks on here just like in real life. threads like these are guaranteed to bring them out of the woodwork. use the "ignore" option. it works miracles at sending people whose comments you don't want to see to the cornfield.

PS2 - that was a Twilight Zone allusion.
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options
    Just a rant.

Rant over!!

Xx
    8lo2n5.jpg

You're welcome!

To be fair some people say eating after dark makes the food instantly turn into fat.

Oh, but it does. I read it somewhere, and also my grandma told me this and it's totally true. ;)
  • Achrya
    Options
    Someone finally said what others have had on their minds for a long time. Nice job OP.

<- not rude or arrogant :smile:

If by finally you mean 'for the second time since monday' then yes.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have an opinion about this...

...but since you didn't ask for it, I guess I'm not allowed to share it.

*shrug*
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Rant over!!

Xx
    8lo2n5.jpg

You're welcome!

Some people think that carbs make you fat too.
    Some people think we shouldn't eat bread because it is man-made