Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Yes, hello! :)

Just a rant.

Hm...well those can get a little rude...so be careful or you might lose credibility in calling other people rude and arrogant....
    Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Hm....~scratches head~....I've not seen anyone being rude. I've seen people giving the no nonsense critique that is often asked for here though.
    Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Well that was an interesting sentence....because I would say there was definitely a way of writing that opinion without calling people names in doing so.....maybe you were just trying to be ironic? :huh:

Also, this is a forum....the whole point is that someone writes something, then other people write their opinion about what has been written.....I'd say writing on a forum when you *don't* want someone's opinion back is kind of a pointless exercise....?
    Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Hm, not too sure how many people will be terribly eager to be a friend when you've called them a naughty word.....?
    Xx

XXX

giphy_zps9861a540.gif
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    OP you've got 38 posts-- so you're new to this community. Each community has its own rules and etiquette. To go into that environment and say that the people who have been here longer are wrong and should change for you comes off as . . . well a bit arrogant.

Also since this is a community there are all types of people here. There are people who are rude, sarcastic, sweet, melodramatic, etc just like there would be in any community. The best policy imo is to ignore those who don't fit the style of interaction that you prefer. There are plenty of others who will not respond well to your particular style either. It's okay, we don't all have to communicate the same way.

There's a drop down arrow under each user's avatar. Clicking it will give you the option to put any user on ignore.

OP has made me want to turn a new leaf. Become a better person. Not be a p***k on internet forums. For that, I thank you, OP. :flowerforyou:

Thus, I quote this post for it's genuine helpful intent.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm not, add me!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I heard there was candy and cake here.

nope...just meat

tumblr_mdk4xmfAmJ1qgos7ro1_1280.gif

Wieners?

How about bacon?

Bacon-Take-what-you-need.jpg

sounds great!

tumblr_m6eg12RApX1qzqdem.gif
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    323071_10150640501059282_580934281_10986725_1319193842_o.jpg

This made me laugh out loud.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    OP based off your responses I'm must say there is only one conclusion to come to.

YASH.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx

And you are different?

I guess you can't be friends with yourself after this post. It was both rude and arrogant.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_n3cgxvLQJk1rs9dhv.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Always good for a few pages. One person's rude is another person's direct.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Wait.... isn't this whole thread rude and arrogant?

Yes.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    column_18-funny-dog-meme.jpg
  • Sourdiesel79
    Sourdiesel79 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Never ask a question like this on the interweb - just asking for trouble!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    tumblr_inline_n1rs2ir9gq1rpcnpz.gif
  • deksgrl
    Options
    tumblr_lwxw6kr7S41qze8f7.gif
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying. In many respects mfp threads have deteriorated to gifs and people trying to score points off each other.
    So pretty much just like the rest of the known internet :flowerforyou:

I love gif deterioration!!

CJW3RlJ.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Wait.... isn't this whole thread rude and arrogant?

Im well aware that people have opinions, as previously stated. But there is a way to go about it

Tone policing!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Just checking in....
    2s0jm21.gif
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_n3cgxvLQJk1rs9dhv.gif
    Z0kljfx.gif
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oh! It's close to miiiidnight, and something evil's lurking in the daaaark....
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    OP, it's probably best to stay off the forums til you get used to the way people act (out) around here. Most the kids that only post on here with snarky comments and no real advice got lost on their way to 4chan and reddit ;)