Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Yes, ma'am, but like any social media outlet you have people with all sorts of personalities in one spot. What you may take as rude may not be.. They just be quirky and not realize how their post is coming across..

I personally like the snarky, sarcasm, the jokes, the sweethearts, etc etc.. If we were all the same this would be a very boring place to be.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    totally! Such rude people running around calling people p***ks!

wait.

:flowerforyou:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I had a good chuckle that the OP comes across as both rude and arrogant?

Nah, it's cool. I had a nice eye roll myself.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    icantwaittoseehowthisturnsout.gif
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I know what you're saying, but a lot of times the people asking for opinions or asking questions argue with the suggestions of others because they want to hear what they want to hear. Anyone offering conflicting advice or giving suggestions instead of just telling them they are right are blasted for being "rude and arrogant."

Also, the forums have a search function for a reason, one which many people neglect and post questions that have been answered thousands of times already. If an answer is delivered in a curt way, it's likely just that people are tired of answering it. They probably didn't mean to be rude, they just wanted to answer the question quickly and move on.

Edited to add: Sometimes being mean is the only way to get through to some people.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx

giphy.gif
  • kirstiejess
    kirstiejess Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yet again. People cannot be nice.

I simply refer to the people who cant express their opinions in a respectful manner.

Hey, im entitled to an opinion to.

Maybe the people that are offended by my use of the word p***l are guilty of it themselves
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    wrong-gif.gif
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I know what you're saying, but a lot of times the people asking for opinions or asking questions argue with the suggestions of others because they want to hear what they want to hear. Anyone offering conflicting advice or giving suggestions instead of just telling them they are right are blasted for being "rude and arrogant."

Also, the forums have a search function for a reason, one which many people neglect and post questions that have been answered thousands of times already. If an answer is delivered in a curt way, it's likely just that people are tired of answering it. They probably didn't mean to be rude, they just wanted to answer the question quickly and move on.

All of this is why I generally don't waste my time in the forums.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely rude and arrogant. bubbles_zps2b6e0d92.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Calling people names: Not rude

Demands that people adhere to her sense of etiquette when expressing their views: Not arrogant

Got it.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx

Uh....why would anyone post anything on a message board if they weren't after opinions? Isn't that...kind of the point? Or did I miss something?
  • laoliviabeachbum
    laoliviabeachbum Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If the answer isn't 'calorie deficit = weight loss', I'm just not interested.
  • BobbiTracey
    BobbiTracey Posts: 53
    Options
    There are some threads that people post which are so idiotic and on these it's hard not to be arrogant haha, but most of the time people are just being unnecessarily mean.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    icantwaittoseehowthisturnsout.gif
    29bKANQ.gif

kd8CDt0.gif
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Can of worms has been opened
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    4pwmz6.gif
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I try my level best to support and motivate people. If I have an opinion I will air my view but try not to make it in a condescending "I know best" way. People have different ways of losing weight - it is not a "one size fits all". At the end of the day we on MFP are all striving for the same thing so let us all help each other. :smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP you've got 38 posts-- so you're new to this community. Each community has its own rules and etiquette. To go into that environment and say that the people who have been here longer are wrong and should change for you comes off as . . . well a bit arrogant.

Also since this is a community there are all types of people here. There are people who are rude, sarcastic, sweet, melodramatic, etc just like there would be in any community. The best policy imo is to ignore those who don't fit the style of interaction that you prefer. There are plenty of others who will not respond well to your particular style either. It's okay, we don't all have to communicate the same way.

There's a drop down arrow under each user's avatar. Clicking it will give you the option to put any user on ignore.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ironic post is ironic.