Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately posting anything in these forums will generally get a person ripped to shreds. No matter how nice or politically correct you try to be there is always a snarky comedian ready to pounce.:grumble:
    And so we focus on the one bad, but ignore the nine good. Fabulous.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This thread is highly entertaining and it kept me from going into the kitchen and eating . . . um . . . bread.

OP needs an editor. Just sayin'.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately posting anything in these forums will generally get a person ripped to shreds. No matter how nice or politically correct you try to be there is always a snarky comedian ready to pounce.:grumble:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Feeding Frenzy! Resorting to stereotyping I see, rude!
    SharkBunny.jpeg

Not if it's a shark bunny. Shark bunnies are off the hook. They only feed on sea carrots I've been told.
    Actually, they typically prefer sea cucumbers.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz3vPbcw1sMUABZZG8PJjDZbI4o3HRcS-yuXmMVpSQa5F0npNDmg
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I don't even know what you are talking about. I'm replying to the original poster.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    in!
    2371726-8407877099-35i7j.gif
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    OP if you're still reading, here's a tip for next time.

If you wanna take 'em on, don't let *a* *single* *drop* *of* *blood* *from* *a* *previous* *injury* be made visible in these waters.

A feeding frenzy will ensue and it won't be clean eating.

Also, take 'em on one at a time in the very thread where they annoyed you. The bread thread. Don't schedule a surprise battle elsewhere without a precise strategy, state of the art verbal weaponry, sharp critical thinking skills, certified paralegal training from a reputable and accredited community college and a heroic army behind you.

I don't think you saw this coming. And if you did, you got some spine there. Good on ya!

(and I haven't read the bread thread, so I don't *actually* know what I'm talking about...)
    Hear, hear. Because it takes serious, serious balls to put oneself in the way of pages and pages of adorable bunny gifs. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

tumblr_m847ip0QFc1ruikyvo2_250.gif

bunny-gif-9.gif
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Are you serious, because if you are, I would friend you. It's all over the internet....people who hide behind anonymity instead of being courteous and real.

But maybe the discourteous ones hiding behind internet anonymity chew with their mouths open, talk loudly about personal matters on cellphones in stores, use profanity gratuitously in front of elders and youngsters, text while driving and fail to greet cashiers pleasantly or say thank you in kind. They may steal parking spaces away from those who were waiting patiently, refuse to yield to old ladies who need a seat on the bus and steal food out of the workplace refrigerator thinking a yogurt cup is no big deal - there's five more left.

Everywhere one goes, the true colors come out :)

Looking at it statistically, the pickin's are slim. But the power of discernment is formidable :)
    I hear ignorance is bliss.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Most people that post on here seem to think that they are more intelligent than Doctors and other people with educations in health type fields. They may not have even graduated from HS, yet they strongly and rudely state their opinions as facts, as if from God... Best to just talk to people you know IRL and get real life support, imo. I do use this for keeping up with my calories. I don't really see how things such as "rate the person above you" are conducive to losing weight though... that's just me tho:)

Intelligence =/= educated.

And doctors do not receive very much education on nutrition. And even if they did and people agreed with them with science based research, then the doctor may still be wrong. It's the science that matters, not the fact that someone is a doctor.

But...but....appeal to authority.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Most people that post on here seem to think that they are more intelligent than Doctors and other people with educations in health type fields. They may not have even graduated from HS, yet they strongly and rudely state their opinions as facts, as if from God... Best to just talk to people you know IRL and get real life support, imo. I do use this for keeping up with my calories. I don't really see how things such as "rate the person above you" are conducive to losing weight though... that's just me tho:)

I think anyone who has successfully managed to do the thing that someone is trying to do, is in a good position to give valid advice. There's a wealth of experience in real weightloss here....not just advice from some skinny nutritionist who you know has never had to actually *lose* a lot of weight before in their life. People trying to lose weight would be silly not to use that wealth of experience. And it's free. That's just me tho :)

For the record, my doctor of 20+ years was obese.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    in!
    2371726-8407877099-35i7j.gif

HAHAHAHAHA! Love it.....

Unfortunately posting anything in these forums will generally get a person ripped to shreds. No matter how nice or politically correct you try to be there is always a snarky comedian ready to pounce.grumble

I honestly don't get that.

I've seen people messing around with a joke or two now and then.....nothing wrong with that. I then see some oversensitive OPs who don't like that because they think people are laughing at them, when they're not....they're just making a joke about the topic in general.

I've seen some snarky comments.....but on the whole, not many, and when I've seen them, it's always been directed at someone who has pretty much asked for it with what they've said (like this thread).

When I've been part of a convo with advice, I've seen great advice, and I've been given great advice....and all for free.

I've seen people who speak in a blunt way, sometimes just because it's a text format, so you can't see a smile or a softening facial expression or hear a warm and friendly tone, and because it's typing people keep it as succinct as possible for time and ease......and I've also seen some blunt speaking because the person who has asked for the advice is, frankly, a little bit in need of some tough love to wake up to what they're undertaking.

So yeah...this is a pretty great place.
  • emireya900
    emireya900 Posts: 1
    Options
    I need mfp friends...add me. Just began this quest to try to eat health...so hard. :(
  • Jewels233
    Jewels233 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I ran into a couple arses myself. 20# ago I had one of my "friends" berate me everyday regarding her opinion on my lack of calories. Lord everyone has their own way give it a rest. I would be happy to be your friend if you would like and promise support not conviction.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I dunno, the thing is I don't think I'm rude or arrogant. However I still get called a bully, meanie, etc. When even the nicer posters get called names for offering their thoughts, it makes it kinda hard not to just give up on trying to be nice.
    Seriously? Someone called *you* rude??? What have they been smoking or drinking?

I've seen her called even worse than that.

Seriously, there are some real jerks here...

...and interestingly enough, they usually march under an "other people on MFP are mean/rude/jerks" banner.

TL;DR - The rudest, most insulting things I've read on MFP have been posted by people complaining about *other* people being rude.
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Is the OP serious? Sometimes I post on here just looking for a fight and can't get a rise out of anyone in this big digital love fest. What's the point of coming here if everyone is going to agree with you nicely. If you want that just start sending yourself e-mails. Even then I bet any sane person would eventually snark themselves. Let's faces it, we're our own worst critics and another person's post often only hurts because deep down inside we fear they are right.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    It's so true! I've been around for awhile, but I've been seeing a lot of posts lately from new people who need some guidance and not sure what to do, and are getting a lot of negative input from people! It's sad, makes me wonder how many people are being pushed away because they aren't getting the encouragement they thought. But anyway, I try my best to be kind! Maybe people are just starting to get too calorie deprived and grumpy ;)

You've been here for more than two years and have 17 posts. At least one of them is in this thread.

If you think your version of kind help is going to make a difference here, you're going to need to step up your effort a little.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

...and interestingly enough, they usually march under an "other people on MFP are mean/rude/jerks" banner.

TL;DR - The rudest, most insulting things I've read on MFP have been posted by people complaining about *other* people being rude.

I can't even think of one thread where I've seen ILHA be rude. :huh:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Are you serious, because if you are, I would friend you. It's all over the internet....people who hide behind anonymity instead of being courteous and real.

I'm amazed that people assume I'm not like this IRL too.

My friends here who do know me IRL can confirm that I'm even snarkier IRL. I suspect that's true of most of the people here...

...although I doubt people walk into a crowded room IRL and make an announcement that everyone in the room is mean, a jerk, etc.

So I guess there *is* a group of people here who hide behind the anonymity of their keyboard to behave in a way they wouldn't IRL...but it isn't the "mean" people.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I dunno, the thing is I don't think I'm rude or arrogant. However I still get called a bully, meanie, etc. When even the nicer posters get called names for offering their thoughts, it makes it kinda hard not to just give up on trying to be nice.
    Seriously? Someone called *you* rude??? What have they been smoking or drinking?

My personal favorite was the bulldog arms....:noway:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I can't even think of one thread where I've seen ILHA be rude. :huh:

Me neither...

...but I've seen several where she was textually attacked with that as the charge.