Anyone around 5'1''?

Options
I just wanted to bounce ideas or motivation off of someone who is near the same height as me and has every pound show due to it.
Thanks!

Replies

• MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2
  • lanie13
    lanie13 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm exactly 5'1" :)
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    5'2" here. But I weigh a bit more than you. Trying to get back to 125. I see you are from my area. I'll send you a friend request :o)
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my weight is portioned, so I am large everwhere! Hopeful that I will loose it the same way too!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4" does it count???
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    5'2" :)
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    My wife is 5'. Like you said, everything shows. The tough thing is that even though small weight loss shows, the smaller numbers make her feel like she didn't accomplish very much. But 5 lbs. of loss made a massive difference in her appearence.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I'm right at 5'3"! I started my journey a year ago at 185 and believe you me...every pound showed! We have it tough with being shorties but I love being short! I love having small shoes and I love having small pant sizes now that I've lost the weight! My sister is 4'9" and I know she loves being the awesome spit fire that she is! :o) We just have to be extra careful of those calories we put in our mouths, which kind of sucks. But I would rather be healthy then feel miserable! :o)
  • JustynsMommy
    Options
    i'm 5'2" and the docs say a healthy weight is 120, well my boobs alone weigh 10 pounds and 120 would look anorexic on me. and yes i'm 150 and look like i'm obese. sucks to be short!!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" So for me you are tall LOL
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Im 5 even and every pound seems to show. i gain 5 pound looks like 50. Really sucks
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    5 foot exactly!!

Just like we show every pound we carry, we also show every pound we lose! There is a bright side! Our results show faster!!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0. My largest was at 175 (Right after I gave birth to my son). Every single pound was noticable. Even just gaining a couple pounds now obvious. I just exercise hard everyday and try to stay in my calories.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    5 foot exactly!!

Just like we show every pound we carry, we also show every pound we lose! There is a bright side! Our results show faster!!

Nice to see a familiar shorty =D
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    I'm 5'1 too and at one point I would feel as HUGE at the Gateway Arch!! But not anymore. :smile:
  • skrall83
    Options
    I am 5' 1.5"
    I just started myfitnesspal.com
    It seems awesome so far. Let me know if you have any tips!
    SW:196.2
    CW: 192.6
    GW: 135
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just found/started with MFP this week and so far I am loving it.

My daily calories is set at 1200 and I am trying to work out 4 times a week for 30 min each (cardio) and I am adding in some strength training. I am finding it easy with the food - tracking on MFP is very easy. I just wish I could burn more calories and get rid of this weight!
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1! I lost 90lbs this past year :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I just found/started with MFP this week and so far I am loving it.

My daily calories is set at 1200 and I am trying to work out 4 times a week for 30 min each (cardio) and I am adding in some strength training. I am finding it easy with the food - tracking on MFP is very easy. I just wish I could burn more calories and get rid of this weight!

Just a thought: I just started zumba fitness (the WII version) and it burns lots of calories. I use a HR monitor and I can easily burn 400+ calories in 30minutes

Another tip you will get more calories than the 1200 with your workout I suggest you eat some if not all so your body doesnt go into starvation mode.
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am going to start the wii zumba tonight, my brother got it for me for Christmas. I am excited to try it. I am hoping that I get a couple hundred calories out of it!
    I am eating every calorie they suggest after I workout...thanks for the help!