Lost weight? What else has changed?

Options

Replies

• sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I no longer shy away from the camera. I used to hate pics of myself and delete all.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    My thighs aren't touching the steering wheel anymore. I can get into my car a lot more comfortably.

I'm not huffing and puffing while walking up a flight of steps.
  • denitahawkins
    denitahawkins Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A lot has changed:
    - I Don't drink anymore (7 months sober - w00t!)
    - I look in the mirror - or any reflective surface for that matter - all the time to see if I still look the same. (still getting used to this body)
    - I take up a lot less space
    - I'm a lot more body aware and self-conscious
    -I tend to make more eye contact
    - I want my clothes to fit and show off my figure
    - I enjoy selfies...too much.
    - If stuff needs to get done, I don't make excuses, I just do it.
    -I am more faith-centered and less me-centered
    - I am not a victim anymore
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I feel cuter and I'm more interested in buying clothes. Trying on clothes in general is a fun process, rather than a disappointment. I also feel flirtier and it seems like people notice me more. I was at the grocery store the other day and three different employees asked if I needed help, which was not wholly unusual, but definitely more than usual. It wasn't like the store wasn't busy. Then a young guy came up and asked me if I needed any help while I was looking at cucumbers. I reflexively answered that I was fine, but when I turned around, I saw that the guy wasn't an employee!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Ready for TMI?

My sex drive is through the roof.

Before, I had absolutely NO sex drive - things are a lot better now. :)

^^ This.

I used to hate shopping for clothes, now I LOVE it.

Also, unhappy women, especially married women, especially especially unhappy married women, hate me for existing again.

Better job situation.

Better relationship situation.

Cleaner house.

Better looking, better organized wardrobe.

Cleaner house.

Less of a social life.

Far better off financially.

When I post a selfie, instead of just my mom liking it, I get dozens of likes, even some heartfelt compliments.

Speaking of social media, I no longer have to sift through hundred of pics so a bunch of chins are hidden by the camera angle, I can just post whatever or not freak out when I'm tagged in a photo I didn't know was taken.

Basically, the physical health, the mental health, the spiritual health, it's all connected.

It's all only as strong as your weakest point, and physical health was my weakest point.

When I got myself into shape, my whole life followed suit.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I fit better in clothes now, I feel more healthy and strong, I'm a good example for my friends, and I think I'm starting to look pretty awesome. I don't get really get catty comments or stares because I don't discuss my weight loss with people.
  • denitahawkins
    denitahawkins Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ^^^ ALLLLL OF THIS! Kudos to you!:flowerforyou:
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    i can also no longer do the truffle shuffle, not sure if thats good or bad....

He's got the same problem
    funny-Chunk-The-Goonies-now-today.jpg
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Ready for TMI?

^^ This.

Also, unhappy women, especially married women, especially especially unhappy married women, hate me for existing again.

Better job situation.

Cleaner house.

Cleaner house.

Less of a social life.

When I post a selfie, instead of just my mom liking it, I get dozens of likes, even some heartfelt compliments.

Speaking of social media, I no longer have to sift through hundred of pics so a bunch of chins are hidden by the camera angle, I can just post whatever or not freak out when I'm tagged in a photo I didn't know was taken.

Basically, the physical health, the mental health, the spiritual health, it's all connected.

It's all only as strong as your weakest point, and physical health was my weakest point.

Did she mention she has a cleaner house now? LOL
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Confidence is high. Repeat. Confidence is high. ;)

I can fit into booths, I'm farther away from the steering wheel. My office chair and theater seats got bigger.
    People are indeed friendlier, including at the gym.
    I hold my head high and strut.
    I wear less make-up.
    I DO a lot more stuff, sleeping less and moving more.
    I'm less self-conscious (don't get me wrong, I said "less" not "not self-conscious"). Sure I have some loose skin but I rock it.
    I'm willing to be seen in public in my workout clothes if necessary.
    I've become more adventurous. Rappelling down an office building? Triathlons? Skydiving? Sure! I'm in! What's next?
    I notice the cold a lot more and I'm cold often. I hope this stays because South Texas summer is coming.
    I notice my bones at odd times, like when I sit, or lay on my side and my knees touch.
    My skin looks awesome.
    I'm a lot more open. When people ask how I've done it, what size I'm wearing, what size I was, I'll answer.
    It's far easier to find cute clothes at this size.
    I get hit on/checked out a lot more.
    For the first time in my life, I actually like pictures of me.
    I'm happier and healthier. I'm proud of who I am becoming.
  • Bound4Kona
    Bound4Kona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WOW! What fantastic replies. You guys are freakin killer!

My change:

I'm less tired
    I'm less depressed
    I feel proud of my accomplishments (weight loss/fitness)
    I'm eager for more challenges
    I'm looking forward to going to the shore and swimming without my shirt on
    I'm more confident.
    I appreciate the success and struggles of my fellow MFP colleagues a whole lot more.

Thank you all for sharing your stories.

:glasses:
  • fitnessf0x
    fitnessf0x Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i can do headstands, handstands, im a lot more flexible, strong, more confident.
    i feel healthier & happier too
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    For me the biggest thing is not being so damn clumsy. I used to scrape my knees and twist my ankles on a regular basis - it was a miracle I didn't break my first bone until my 20's - but I haven't had a fall like that in a long time. In fact I've had a couple close calls where I was fully impressed with myself about keeping my balance instead of falling and hurting myself.

While I'm still not much of a shopper, it's much more fun for me now. My wardrobe is mostly a jeans and t-shirts but I have a few flamboyant pieces in there now. I LOVE shopping in second hand stores and consignment shops (and places like TJ Maxx) due to the variety of brands and styles. And I love when I go shopping with my girlfriends now that I can actually look at clothing in the same stores with them instead of just checking out the accessories.

The rest of it is still sinking in. For instance, when sitting for a flight recently, I automatically worried about taking up too much space then remembered my new smaller size and got over it. During one leg, I was in the middle seat and instead of getting up, I just pulled my legs up under me to let the person by. Never did that before!!
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I get drunk quicker:drinker:
  • befit68
    befit68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well,
    I’ve lost 40 pounds. I started before I found MFP, so my ticker doesn’t reflect the real stats. There are numerous benefits I’ve noticed. Many, are just on the inside, in my head. First, I feel like I’m 25 again! I’ve come to realize I’m not happy with myself if more than a day goes by and I haven’t made time for some physical activity. I can’t sit still and watch a movie/TV much anymore either. There’s always something I’d rather go do. I got two different kinds of bikes-thanks Craigslist!, joined a gym with a pool, got a kayak, and got out and started golfing again. Walking the course and carrying the clubs. Now, I fall into bed, and sleep like a rock. I used to have a self-image problem. All that’s left of that is the self-deprecating humor, which I think I’ll keep. I wore men’s Extra large clothes for two decades, it turns out I just wear medium. I still chuckle at the “M” on the tags. It’s like a new lease on the rest of my life. I am thankful for my health.
  • jlj9287
    jlj9287 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I see so many positive things! I love it!

For me, the biggest change for me socially was that I lost a lot of people in my life that I thought were friends. When I started losing weight, I had several "friends" that tried to make me feel bad or guilty for making these changes because I no longer went out several nights of week, drinking until bar close, followed by poor food choices. After walking away from these people, I now have more room for friends that are supportive of my new habits and happy to see me succeed.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Ready for TMI?

^^ This.

Better job situation.

Cleaner house.

Cleaner house.

Less of a social life.

Did she mention she has a cleaner house now? LOL

I freakin' love it.

I even bought name brand laundry detergent for the first time ever yesterday.

*NAME BRAND*

*LAUNDRY SOAP*

Not dollar tree.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    I even got approved for a credit card the other day.

FOOLS! Bwahahaha
  • uglycrying
    uglycrying Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A lot has changed:
    - I Don't drink anymore (7 months sober - w00t!)
    Hey, congrats!!! Don't see many people mention that here and I've been a little nervous about mentioning it first. I'm a few days shy of 9 months myself! :)

What changed for me:
    -I feel better being in public, I was really ashamed and embarrassed to go out before, felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb. Wasn't used to being in everyone's way.
    -I'm a little less paranoid someone's going to yell out of their car "Hey fat *kitten*!!!" when I'm walking by. That never happened to me, I don't know why I'm paranoid about it... I did get some rude comments before, though. I feel my image of myself hasn't caught up to reality, because I imagine these kinds of things still happening. Like being in a restaurant and someone coming up and pointing to my food and saying "And that's why ya fat, ya fatty!" LOL it's funny but pretty f*cked too.
    -I look better to myself. I play around with makeup and different hairstyles more. Before I didn't really do that. The fat was unignorable, felt like I kind of hit an attractiveness ceiling and makeup/hair wasn't enough to make me look better.
    -I take selfies somewhat. I don't hide from cameras in general anymore and am more interested in seeing how a photo turned out now, rather than dreading to see the results.
    -Clothes shopping is fun and enjoyable to me again.
    -Before I lost weight, like 90% of my wardrobe was useless to me. Now I can fit into everything, even the smallest items... it's becoming 90% useless again though, as some stuff is getting too big for me /first world problems
    -My self-esteem is still pretty trashed. It's getting better, though... in my experience, if one's self-esteem is broken, weight loss isn't going to fix it all-- I just traded old body worries for new ones. Preferable ones, if such a thing as preferable worries exist, but still. I'm working on it, trying not to go so hard on myself. For awhile there, I was scrutinizing my body so much I couldn't even tell what was different and what wasn't anymore.
    -Incidentally I feel like I'm having less sex than ever before in my relationship... likely due to self-esteem and weird self-perception.
    -Showed the most skin on the beach than I have in recent years... wore shorts, lol, but it's a step up from jeans, which I wore the time I went prior.
    -My tastes in food have changed somewhat. Now I love water, spinach, tomatoes, and genuinely enjoy a lot of healthier foods/meals... fish-- I still merely tolerate you.
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    People think I'm younger than I am and I get carded!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!