Metal music lovers!

Options

Replies

• kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Oooh yes!

Korpiklaani is fantastic if you are looking for some energetic Finnish folk metal to run along to :P

Katatonia for melancholy angst. Perfect for running at night after a crap day at work.

Stuff I've loved for years, Rammstein, Faith No More, NIN, Fear Factory, old Manson - those are perfect for working out too.

My collection is all metal. Nothing else gives me that energy :)
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Metal and opera those are my favourites and old school metal especially
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I do everything to metal, not just work out.
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    <- Metal-head right here.

I listen to several different kinds of music, but metal is ALWAYS in the rotation: Pantera, Slayer, Death, Venom, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Job for a Cowboy, Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Obituary, Sepultura, Slipknot, and Lamb of God (for a few).
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    <
    loves the metal! \m/
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    100%!

I enjoy working out to Godsmack, In this Moment, Korn (album with Skrillex) and Five Finger Death Punch. I prefer the metal over Hip hop to work out to.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It's my favorite for swimming and rowing - that driving beat makes me feel like I'm really moving.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I like a variety of genres, but I listen to rock and metal the most. Metal + Heavy Lifting = Feeling like I can conquer the world.
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1911jr, I saw painkiller live! I was 5 months pregnant with our second son. :)

Kitza, I'll have to check that out. I saw Eluveitie live and they have some great "folk metal" too.

RIP Ronnie! Just had to second that. :)

Jam on metal heads. Keep those work outs at a fast pace. Fat beware! Muwahahahaha!!!! \m/
  • shiec92
    shiec92 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Thought I was the only one!!!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Fellow metal head! ! *kitten* by In This Moment is my current jam :)
  • Nanierh85
    Nanierh85 Posts: 118
    Options
    Metal head over here too! Had long hair for 10 yrs :)

Slayer!!!!!!

Feel free to add me please :)
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love metal so much that I am spending a few thousand dollars next month to travel to Belgium for Graspop!!!! 4 nights of sleeping in a hut in the middle of nowhere, Belgium so I can spend 3 days seeing bands like Sabaton, Mastodon, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Behemoth, Opeth, Powerwolf, Candlemass, Cult of Luna, Cynic, Ghost, Meshuggah, Nile, Napalm Death, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and a ton more.

Metal gets me through each and every day. I am a software developer and I get zoned in to writing code with my headphones on. Today it was Iced Earth. Tomorrow I think I will switch to Within Temptation for the day. I love it.

Now I need to find me a girl who is into metal and we can go to shows together! :)
  • jason_adams
    jason_adams Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The music to lift to! And do most everything else to too!

On my music player:
    Meshugga
    Lamb of God
    Slayer
    Pantera

But I'm listening to Slacker's New Metal First channel more than any albums I own. Found some great bands I wasn't familiar with:

After the Burial
    Aghori
    Phineas
    Born of Osiris
    We Came As Romans
    For Today
    Veil of Maya
    Affiance
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I love metal so much that I am spending a few thousand dollars next month to travel to Belgium for Graspop!!!! 4 nights of sleeping in a hut in the middle of nowhere, Belgium so I can spend 3 days seeing bands like Sabaton, Mastodon, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Behemoth, Opeth, Powerwolf, Candlemass, Cult of Luna, Cynic, Ghost, Meshuggah, Nile, Napalm Death, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and a ton more.

Metal gets me through each and every day. I am a software developer and I get zoned in to writing code with my headphones on. Today it was Iced Earth. Tomorrow I think I will switch to Within Temptation for the day. I love it.

Now I need to find me a girl who is into metal and we can go to shows together! :)

I was hoping you would find this B!!!!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I used to wok out only to Rammstein. Lol.. I've changed it up a bit.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    LOVE metal! Just turned up my Lamb of God!
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes I definitely prefer rock and metal to techno and ballads to workout to. I honestly find most workout soundtracks irritating. lol.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Pantera
    Flyleaf
    Godsmack
    Metallica
    Scorpions
    Tool

Just some....
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more nintendocore experimental metal. http://youtu.be/ZG7aDAPBCwY