Options
13»

Replies

• nauner
    nauner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will help at all but you can check out:

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

That site has a ton of good information and its free and fairly easy to navigate. Easy URL to remember too.
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Does your gym have a smith machine?
    Better than nothing.

Aside from that:

- Bulgarian Split squats
    - Pistol Squats
    - Single Leg deadlifts
    - Weighted Walking Lunges

^^^ I got my legs from all of those. :P
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    I do just fine, my legs grow just fine, I've never touched a barbell in my life and don't go to the gym.

For legs I do:
    DB weighted pistol squats
    Natural Hamstring Curls
    Bodyweight single leg squats (tuck squats/shrimp squats)
    DB weighted step ups

I've done hill sprints in the past, but its been a while. But they work great.
    I'd go with THIS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Do what you can with the equipment you have.

Machines:

Leg Press
    Leg Extension
    Leg Curl

Go heavy on the machines.

Dumbbells:

Step-ups
    Lunges
    Pistol Squats
    Bulgarian split squats
    Single Leg Romanian Deadlift

Obviously, squats and deadlifts are preferred, but if you can't get your hands on a bar, use what you have. The only thing you CAN'T do is skip leg day.

I had a grand ole time without audio figuring out what this was saying. Hope it "inspires" you OP. it was the "best" vid I found b/c it's the longest. Hopefully she is saying helpfull stuff and not what I think she is saying like...

"if yer boobs are out to here, only do it this way..."
    and
    *wrinklesbrow* "cameraman! that's not my shoe that's my butt I TOLD you to video my shoe so they can see my form!"
    and
    "oh damn, my hair is heavier on that side, let me try this other leg"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFV1wqD9bN0
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I relearned to walk awhile back?

People make fun of me on these boards?

They call me bad names too, and it's all good fun apparently.

I thought we all had to have those thick skins and stuff? No? Just certain people? This is confusing.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Why not just ask your current gym to get a squat rack and bar? If thy're interested in retaining members, a few quid on some equipment is nothing
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    not to totally de-rail- but I've been googling- and I've seen a few people say that "he's a vet who just re-learned how to walk after 15 surgerys"...

and no links to articles- just a random person saying so- something like 15 surgeries and what not. I personally still trend line with " you never know someone's story so it's not nice to judge" BUT-

He's upper body is HUGE to have been in a wheel chair and not have some sort of fat gain anywhere else and I'm not seeing any supporting evidence... no articles- this seems like something that would have made some news somewhere. I've only done preliminary digging on my phone (links at work are mostly to BB.com and I'm blocked on that from work.

Anyone else got anything on this?
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I've started doing bulgarian split squats and pistol squats and they are working really well. It's new to some of the people in my gym though, so i catch the odd person looking lol. I will ask them to buy a squat rack though, hopefully they will :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    not to totally de-rail- but I've been googling- and I've seen a few people say that "he's a vet who just re-learned how to walk after 15 surgerys"...

and no links to articles- just a random person saying so- something like 15 surgeries and what not. I personally still trend line with " you never know someone's story so it's not nice to judge" BUT-

He's upper body is HUGE to have been in a wheel chair and not have some sort of fat gain anywhere else and I'm not seeing any supporting evidence... no articles- this seems like something that would have made some news somewhere. I've only done preliminary digging on my phone (links at work are mostly to BB.com and I'm blocked on that from work.

Suddenly I'm wondering, did chicken legs himself put out the story that he was a vet when he saw himself in the meme?

And I'm also wondering, if I routinely push down on a chicken's back, will they develop muscular legs?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Suddenly I'm wondering, did chicken legs himself put out the story that he was a vet when he saw himself in the meme?

And I'm also wondering, if I routinely push down on a chicken's back, will they develop muscular legs?

first thought crossed my mind as well.

second thought- amusingly did not- but now I'm thinking about- pre-coffee.

interesting.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Apparently the person that posted that the guy was a vet was untruthful.

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/x3twy/okay_i_felt_a_little_guilty_for_this_one/

Take that with some salt, whichever side of the discussion you fall on.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    a.aaa-muscle-chicken.jpg