Lost weight? What else has changed?

Options

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I live at 5000 ft plus elevation. A year ago I was on 24 hour a day oxygen due to Pickwickian syndrome. I got off the oxygen six months ago and am now hiking at over 8000 feet elevation. (I may never do 14'ers again, but I may be able to get above 10,000 again.)

I can actually walk miles at a time, rather than feet at a time.

I feel sharper and take on more projects at work.

I can fit on airplanes again, and without a belt extender. I love to travel for work again!

I smile a LOT more.

I can see parts of my anatomy I haven't seen in years (decade or more?!!?)

And, I'm only just more than half way to my goal.

My doctors smile on the RARE occasions I actually go in to see them. They get excited by my losses shown on their paper.

I go more than half a year before I meet my insurance deductible to get the 15% co-pay to kick in. Win for the insurance company, big win for me!
  • ritabrienfit
    ritabrienfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I care less about what people think. I'm more confident and more outgoing than I used to be. I can participate in my own life again and I am just overall happier. And my favorite, I can shave my legs standing up again. (I seriously had to sit in the bathtub to do it before.)
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ready for TMI?

My sex drive is through the roof.

Before, I had absolutely NO sex drive - things are a lot better now. :)

^^ This.

I used to hate shopping for clothes, now I LOVE it.

Also, unhappy women, especially married women, especially especially unhappy married women, hate me for existing again.

Better job situation.

Better relationship situation.

Cleaner house.

Better looking, better organized wardrobe.

Cleaner house.

Less of a social life.

Far better off financially.

When I post a selfie, instead of just my mom liking it, I get dozens of likes, even some heartfelt compliments.

Speaking of social media, I no longer have to sift through hundred of pics so a bunch of chins are hidden by the camera angle, I can just post whatever or not freak out when I'm tagged in a photo I didn't know was taken.

Basically, the physical health, the mental health, the spiritual health, it's all connected.

It's all only as strong as your weakest point, and physical health was my weakest point.

When I got myself into shape, my whole life followed suit.

All of this. And I no longer pay attention to *kitten* who are jealous/food pushers/saboteurs/hateful/ignorant. Ain't nobody got time for them.

-IndiaGuerita
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I care less about what people think. I'm more confident and more outgoing than I used to be. I can participate in my own life again and I am just overall happier. And my favorite, I can shave my legs standing up again. (I seriously had to sit in the bathtub to do it before.)

Totes magotes!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I have never done that - ever - and can't even imagine how it would work. Weird that I never realized some people shave their legs standing up.

It makes a lot more sense though now how some women don't ever take baths. Me, I take a bath every morning of life anyway.
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I find I'm getting less attention from men (I'm married, so it doesn't matter) and more dirty looks from women. Can't really decide what that means...

Aside from that, my clothes fit better, I'm more confident, I'm stronger, and I feel pretty dang good.

Crap! That isn't a good thing at all! Why do you think that they are paying less attention?
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can't stop clothes shopping. I kinda need them all, since just about all my old stuff is too big now. But I feel like a little mall rat.
    Also, I'm not afraid of the possibility of running into ex-boyfriends anymore. lol
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I spend way too much money on clothes
    I'm far more confident than I was
    I spend too much time flexing in the mirror lol
    I've gone down a shoe size and 3 rings sizes
    I can tie my shoes without having to hold my breath
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    A few of the upsides:

I no longer have hypertension, cholesterol/lipid issues, or type 2 DM.
    I am no longer on any meds for the above diagnoses.
    I only take Tums for the calcium, no more heartburn.
    I'm the "patient of the year" according to my MDs.
    I don't hide from the camera
    I am actually less weight then the lie I put on my drivers license
    I no longer look at all like my drivers license photo
    I take & share selfies
    I fit in restaurant booths with room to spare
    I don't dread shopping anymore
    I can find deals in thrift stores in my size
    I need to wear belts now
    I can & do tuck my tops in
    I can fit into one size fits all spandex shorts
    I like looking in the mirror now
    I discovered I really do have ribs, collar bones , hip bones and unfortunately a tail bone
    I no longer use a seat belt extender in my car
    I'm no longer morbidly obese- I am at a healthy weight now (first time since grade school)
    I enjoy walking and walk 3-5 miles daily
    I actually use the exercise equipment I bought
    I will get out of bed if I notice I'm short my 10K steps and walk around the house to get my steps in.
    I will park the car further away from the store so I get more steps in
    I am on my 3rd fitness tracker (Flex, Force, Vivofit)
    I have been keeping the a/c on at 82*F and am not a sweaty mess
    I can sleep with only one pillow now (vs 3 or 4)
    I like the new me, at times I don't recognize the new me, but I'm growing on myself.

Some of the downsides:

I have to carry a sweatshirt when I eat out as I get cold since I lost my fat layer
    (I live in Tucson, Az, its NEVER cold here, not really)

I need to sit on a pillow as my new found tailbone kills me (lost my fat layer there too)

I do have some saggy skin but not as much as I thought I'd have, very happy about that.
  • ShaSha620
    ShaSha620 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    my will to do things is up, i planted a small garden which i've never grown anything in my life. i saw someone say they fit in the seatbelt in the car better, yea thats me too, im noticing i can actually start to run on the treadmill longer and maintain a higher speed without being huffing. and i just all around feel better!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am more confident
    My dog gets more exercise
    I watch less TV
    I have gotten my friends to do things that are not food and beverage related(well, not until we cross the finish line) We do several runs throughout the year.
    I sleep better
    I acquired really bad sweet tooth after losing 100+ pounds(this is not good, but true for me)
    I get hit on when out and I am not real good at dealing with it.
    The people that sit next to me at sporting events/concerts/movies don't mind anymore since I don't flow over into their seat.
    I am a regular at the gym and have gym friends that I socialize outside of the gym with (never would have thought this would happen)
    I pass up happy hour to go workout

I could go on....one thing that didn't change that I thought would.... I still hate to shop. I can go anywhere and find clothes that fits,I still would rather not.
  • uglycrying
    uglycrying Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am actually less weight then the lie I put on my drivers license
    Oh man, I forgot about this one. Such an awesome feeling!
  • whisperfitandhappy
    whisperfitandhappy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I was larger I was made fun of and or ignored by strangers. Since I lost weight and now have a actual shape men hit on me more, and people are generally nicer. It is actually really sad that skinny people get more respect in society than over weight people.
  • jschwend1
    jschwend1 Posts: 15
    Options
    Ready for TMI?

My sex drive is through the roof.

Before, I had absolutely NO sex drive - things are a lot better now. :)
  • jschwend1
    jschwend1 Posts: 15
    Options
    OK, I am obviously new to these rooms, but my comment is for the one that I quoted in the post below....I am sooo looking forward to that!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No more "ELBOW ACTION" on my shirt before I put it on.. Ya know when you put your elbows in the bottom to stretch it just a littttlleeee bit.. No longer necessary.

Oh my gosh...I just realized I don't do this anymore, either...o.O
  • TiffanyJole
    TiffanyJole Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that my taste has changed in food. The junky stuff that I used to crave, now seems like a distant memory, and I enjoy home cooked things a lot more. I have also made a personal challenge to make healthier versions of the food that I love. I am enjoying my new life style! :)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Everything has changed for me.

I feel fantastic
    Love working out
    Am coaching softball and also play on 2 coed teams (no way I could of done this 90lbs ago)
    I LOVE to shop now, when I used to dread walking into a store
    I have others ask me for tips and what to do to make their weight loss successful
    I love helping others and telling my story of MFP and exercise to lose
    I can sit cross legged like a lady...used to couldn't do that

I could go on and on and on
  • KimberlyAnn327
    Options
    I've gotten a lot more male attention. I also ditched the glasses for contacts and ditched the brown hair for purple. I used to have some back pain, now I have none. I have way more energy.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I can run up a flight of steps and not get out of breath.
    I acutally have a bra that fits properly (might be TMI). My band size has gone that which is amazing, I've been the same size band since these suckers developed.
    I actually enjoy working out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!