Gym confessions...

Options

Replies

• vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    There are just as many women creeps at the gym as men. We're covert though.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    When I count the reps in my head, I just zone out and stare into space but I'm usually facing someone else and they think I'm staring at them. :embarassed:
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Most women who think guys are going to creep @ them don't realize two things:

1. Theyre not as attractive as they think
    2. Headphones don't stop creeps. They're going to do the same thing anyway.

<soap box> I'm not all that attractive and guys do creep. At the gym, when I'm out running, etc. It isn't every guy, it isn't every day, but it is often enough that you need some sort of defense mechanism. Every woman has likely had some sort of uncomfortable encounter, regardless of how attractive she is. Headphones may not stop creeps, but it does help tune them out. </soap box>

My confession? I have favorite machines/racks/stations and will walk laps on the track until they free up.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

<soap box> I'm not all that attractive and guys do creep. At the gym, when I'm out running, etc. It isn't every guy, it isn't every day, but it is often enough that you need some sort of defense mechanism. Every woman has likely had some sort of uncomfortable encounter, regardless of how attractive she is. Headphones may not stop creeps, but it does help tune them out. </soap box>

My confession? I have favorite machines/racks/stations and will walk laps on the track until they free up.

Great post & I do the same thing. I refuse to leave until I get to use my favorite machines lol! PS I think you are very attractive :flowerforyou:
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Gym confession? If we've ever done cardio next to each other, I'm competing with you. I won't tell you, but I want to do better than you.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much nice to everyone at my gym and I've never gone without a spotter because of it. In fact, I let some old guy put weights on my bar yesterday before I did my deadlifts. Well, he volunteered.

Is that a euphemism?
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Great post & I do the same thing. I refuse to leave until I get to use my favorite machines lol! PS I think you are very attractive :flowerforyou:

Aww, thanks. :blushes:
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Havent stepped foot in a gym in over 7 years
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym it is for one reason, to get at least 60+ minutes of exercise in. I have my head phones in and I do not want to talk. Usually I have the music loud enough that I can't hear anything but the music and my own grunts lifting heavy. I will say hi when I see someone I know, but for the most part that is it. Occasionally though, I have one friend, she just can't help herself and she will start chatting. So to be polite I take my headphones off and listen the best I can. My wife and close friends though know that I get in a zone and do not want to be bothered.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    I splash people on purpose while I swim - if they are idiots.

:heart: I do the same thing. I hate it when people try to socialize with me whilst I'm swimming! Social swimmers drown.
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Here's mine...........I wear an ipod every day even though it has been dead for months because I never charge it up. I don't care about music when I work out, I just wear it so nobody will talk to me lol!

Love it!
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am going to preface this with the following: I'm not mean (at least I don't think I am), I'm just super awkward and if someone I don't know tries to make conversation with me, it just makes me uncomfortable and anxious. I wear headphones to prevent awkwardness, though pretty much everyone at my gym wears headphones as well.

I've never been creeped on, but I'm also not that attractive in general and especially when I workout - I typically wear baggy t-shirts and shorts so as to hide my body while I exercise.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My choice of treadmills largely depends on the female booty on the ellipticals in front of the treadmills. Its just nice to sneak a glance when a less-than-inspiring songs pops up on Pandora. I'm really not this guy....

Xz4ma.gif
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My gym confession is that I don't go to one. I workout at home or around the neighborhood :laugh:
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am going to preface this with the following: I'm not mean (at least I don't think I am), I'm just super awkward and if someone I don't know tries to make conversation with me, it just makes me uncomfortable and anxious. I wear headphones to prevent awkwardness, though pretty much everyone at my gym wears headphones as well.

I've never been creeped on, but I'm also not that attractive in general and especially when I workout - I typically wear baggy t-shirts and shorts so as to hide my body while I exercise.

I am the exact same way
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Also, I am the opposite of the "angry girl" at the gym. I smile and say hello to everyone. I'm the chatterbox that makes conversation with the person running or lifting next to me! most of the time, they're angry people wo ignore me or put in headphones, but I've made some friends.... lol

Ditto. Except no running. I just smile at everyone. Smile, smile, smile. I'm sure a lot people find it weird, but I really am happy to see everyone there, doing their thing. And it's a little scary to go to the gym for the first time! I want the new people to feel like they're welcome. (And no, I can't tell if they really are new... but just in case, I'm going to smile at them.)
  • the_great_beyond_
    the_great_beyond_ Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    A lot of you people are so uptight.
  • the_great_beyond_
    the_great_beyond_ Posts: 157 Member
    Options

stop creeping on her... creep
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I never wear headphones to the gym as they get in the way and I see no need to cut myself off from humanity. It's funny, all the really fit people in my gym smile, chat with each other, and enjoy their workouts. Not a day goes by where someone doesn't walk up to me, call me by name, and say "hi." I'm much more impressed by a heavy squat than a sour attitude.

Right? Also what is with everyone hating people at the gym? I love it when people are friendly and smile and say hello

It's the everyone is so mean/creepers!/stranger danger crowd. I don't know how they get through life without blowing a gasket.

Because it's a pain in the *kitten* when some guy comes over and starts chatting you up. They usually don't have a clue socially, so small signals like checking your watch don't work. You either have to ignore them and continue with what you are doing, which can be uncomfortable, especially if they respond by getting in your space. Or be really direct - and risk them getting pissy with you. Or stop what you are doing and hide in the locker room or something. Sometimes they'll even follow you around the gym.

Headphones are a great tool - you either avoid eye contact or smile and nod and replace them so it's evident that you aren't listening to them anymore, which can work about half the time.

And, it doesn't matter how attractive I think or don't think I am. I know this because I have experience with it. This isn't some sort of fantasy danger.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I bought a gym membership because I thought I'd be off my bike for a few months after surgery. I made a full recovery immediately after I bought the stupid thing and I've only been about 5 times. I confess that I'm totally wasting my money!