Metal music lovers!

Options

Replies

• BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

I wish you the best darling and go find that girl! You look fun and sound smart. It'll be no problem.

Now indulge an old metal broad for a moment will you? Tell me if Jan Axel Blomberg, a/k/a Hellhammer will be there, eh?

If so I may just have to play hooky from work for a week and go there.

No, unfortunately he will not be there. Well, as a performer at least. Maybe he will be headbanging in the crowd with the rest of us. The old school is greatly represented though with bands like Annihilator, Satyricon, Enslaved, Carcass, and even Doro, WASP, and Sebastian Bach if that is your thing, haha.
  • Trinehar13
    Trinehar13 Posts: 19
    Options
    Pantera
    Flyleaf
    Godsmack
    Metallica
    Scorpions
    Tool

Just some....

Oh thank you. I was afraid to call the Scorps a metal band. I was a bit anxious they fell into the hair category. But YES YES YES they *are* metal.

And Rudolph Schenker *winked* at me when I snuck up to the front row and stared at him awestruck for the entire show. And I was FAT while he was a fit German geriatric POWERHOUSE who's rolled with the most gorgeous girls in the world and he still WINKED at me.

Bless you Rudy Schenker bless you. I lost 25% of the hearing in my left ear for that show and it was WORTH IT. :love:

The Scorpions are still probably #1 in the best shows I've ever seen! They are still the only band I ever shelled out $$ to sit 2nd row for. They're amazing!
  • tomspearsix
    tomspearsix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was just listening to Arch Enemy while working out this evening. I swear their Anthems of Rebellion album was made for exercise haha.
  • KaktusJaque
    KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    absolutely! Five Finger, Drowning Pool, Rob Zombie, Rammstein, Bullet for my Valentine just to name a few. I only go high speed music on my ipod.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    In for the ideas
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    Yip....switch shuffle mode on and let it riff!!!! lol

Dio, Sabbath, Rush, Sambora, Metallica, AC/DC....etc
  • sophiemelissa92
    sophiemelissa92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Working out to butcher babies is my fave, heavy as sin and those girls are fitspo and a half! I'm new add me :)
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Pantera
    Flyleaf
    Godsmack
    Metallica
    Scorpions
    Tool

Just some....

Oh thank you. I was afraid to call the Scorps a metal band. I was a bit anxious they fell into the hair category. But YES YES YES they *are* metal.

And Rudolph Schenker *winked* at me when I snuck up to the front row and stared at him awestruck for the entire show. And I was FAT while he was a fit German geriatric POWERHOUSE who's rolled with the most gorgeous girls in the world and he still WINKED at me.

Bless you Rudy Schenker bless you. I lost 25% of the hearing in my left ear for that show and it was WORTH IT. :love:

I'm giving them "metal" status... but loosely. Their brand was a tweener... not quite rock, hair, glam, arena...
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love to work out to metal. I love to run with metal playing on my iPhone. Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Godsmack, Children of Bodom, Slipknot, Motorhead, Killswitch Engage, Soulfly, Rammstein, so many! It really pumps me up, and pushes me a little further.

I like this post, I am getting some ideas of other bands to look into. :-)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I love metal so much that I am spending a few thousand dollars next month to travel to Belgium for Graspop!!!! 4 nights of sleeping in a hut in the middle of nowhere, Belgium so I can spend 3 days seeing bands like Sabaton, Mastodon, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Behemoth, Opeth, Powerwolf, Candlemass, Cult of Luna, Cynic, Ghost, Meshuggah, Nile, Napalm Death, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and a ton more.

Metal gets me through each and every day. I am a software developer and I get zoned in to writing code with my headphones on. Today it was Iced Earth. Tomorrow I think I will switch to Within Temptation for the day. I love it.

Now I need to find me a girl who is into metal and we can go to shows together! :)

We did the same last year WACKEN!!!!!!!!! was fu*k'n AWESOME!! 5 days of camping out with 74998 of our closest metalhead friends! Sabaton is my favorite band of all time! Rammstein is second (they headlined Wacken) - if you've never seen them live - do it OMFG!!

I'm old school metal also, been a banger since the 80's! These days I mostly go for more European metal but still like the oldies, AC/DC, Metallica (before they sold out), Maidens older stuff.. Sabaton, Rammstein, Nightwish (since Floor joined). I love Metal ;)

We're not lucky enough to go back to Europe this year but we'll be camping out at Amnesia Rockfest here in Canada http://www.amnesiarockfest.com/en/ and doing some of the smaller non camping festivals also ;)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I have mostly metal on mine

Fozzy
    Mushroomhead
    Nickelback (don't hate)
    Crobot
    Halestorm

The list is endless.
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm always willing to listen and explore when it comes to music. I've always got a jukebox playing in my head. It helps keep me sane in this crazy world. Metal is a great stress reliever at the end of a long work day. Metal is also a great motivator when I can't get going. I listen to a wide variety of music. It just depends on my mood and what random song pops into my head.
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Nickelback (don't hate)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Heavy Metal and Hard Rock for me:

Megadeth (Can't believe that I am the first to list them)
    G N R
    Poison
    Motley Crew
    Cinderella
    AC/DC
    Alice Cooper
    Seether
    Def Leppard
    Quiet Riot
    Theroy of a Deadman
    Nikelback
    Motorhead
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yeap.

Slipknot
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Mudvayne
    Disturbed
    Iron Maiden
    Metallica

blah blah blah

Its all i listen to while cycling, working out, in general.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    In metal we trust! \m/ ^-^ \m/

Complete metal freak here, feel to add :)
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    What else is there to work out to??
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    I found that lifting some heavy weighs to Lamb of God tonight was very helpful.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    That's all i listen to when i workout, even though my musical taste varies.
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nickelback (don't hate)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No hatred here. I've been listening to Nickelback the last few days on my walks.