Late night eating

Options
2»

Replies

• bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Shoot, I allocate calories to take to bed with me, I love to read and this just makes it a treat:tongue:
  • amraymond18
    amraymond18 Posts: 28
    Options
    I agree she looks good as well! I lost 2 pounds last week, and am pretty sure that I will be at around 2 pounds for this week as well. I'm okay with upping my calories, as it is healthier. However, like I said... I don't get hungry beyond what I eat already. So I don't want to just eat for the sake of getting more calories in. A lot of what I eat is really nutritional but low in calories.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    You only have 28 lbs to lose. I would aim for closer to 1 lb a week weight loss. The closer you are to your goal weight you are, the less aggressive you want your deficit. If that means you have to eat the remainder of your calories in ice cream and or peanut butter, so be it.

just because you're eating "healthy" doesn't mean you're eating enough. Your body takes calories in as a unit of fuel, don't get enough and it's more likely to jeopardize muscle along with fat for energy. Also, hunger cues are terrible for measuring whether or not you're eating enough.

You're doing a crazy amount of cardio. Do you like weightlifting? If you do, I'd switch the time up. Find a structured lifting program and use more time doing that. Weightlifting helps you retain muscle. It'll help you look leaner at goal weight, assuming you're eating at a moderate and not aggressive deficit. Here's a good read

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Agree with Sugary. The more aggressive weight loss goals are for those who have more to lose. The closer you are to your goal, the less aggressive you should be. Make sure you're eating for nutrition and then a bit more :)
  • amraymond18
    amraymond18 Posts: 28
    Options
    You only have 28 lbs to lose. I would aim for closer to 1 lb a week weight loss. The closer you are to your goal weight you are, the less aggressive you want your deficit. If that means you have to eat the remainder of your calories in ice cream and or peanut butter, so be it.

just because you're eating "healthy" doesn't mean you're eating enough. Your body takes calories in as a unit of fuel, don't get enough and it's more likely to jeopardize muscle along with fat for energy. Also, hunger cues are terrible for measuring whether or not you're eating enough.

You're doing a crazy amount of cardio. Do you like weightlifting? If you do, I'd switch the time up. Find a structured lifting program and use more time doing that. Weightlifting helps you retain muscle. It'll help you look leaner at goal weight, assuming you're eating at a moderate and not aggressive deficit. Here's a good read

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Okay! I'm going to start making sure that I eat at least 1300-1400 calories a day. Like I said, I'm all for being healthy, so if it's healthier for me to lose 1 pound a week as opposed to two, then that's fine. I guess I'm just a little impatient, because like I said I put the weight on so fast haha. Thank you!
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just try not to eat 2 hours before bed!
  • cracklinrosi
    Options
    I've read that it doesn't matter when you eat in a 24-hour period, it's all about net calories. That being said, you do need to let your digestive system do its thing (20 minutes in the stomach for digestion, etc.) So I wouldn't be eating a steak and then hopping in to bed. Your body does go into sleep-time mode, so give it a chance to digest your post-workout snack. Yes, you do need a snack post-workout for muscle recovery.

120 minutes of cardio is a little much, unless you're training for a triathlon, and even then that's too much. I have a friend who trains for Ironman competitions and he doesn't do that much! You may end up injuring yourself or burning out and making yourself sick. Look up "overtraining" and you'll see what I'm talking about. You say you gained 25 pounds over the winter? So that's what, four months? You can't expect you'll lose it all in one month. If you gained it in four months, expect to lose it in four months.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Just try not to eat 2 hours before bed!

or you'll turn into a gremlin. .right?

there's no reason not to, unless you get a stomach ache. I eat upwards of 1000 calories sometimes less than an hour before bed and my weight loss was steady.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight while working graves. Your body doesn't care what time of day it is.