Guess I should say Hi!

Options
Hi everyone. I'm new here and just checking everything out. This site seems to be really well put together. I hope to find some new "friends" here to share our journeys.

I am 24 and have a 20 month old son. I am currently 80-100 pounds over weight, but am only looking to lose about 50 pounds total. My first goal, though, is twenty five pounds. It seems easy enough when you start, but day after day of counting calories, focusing on weight loss and increasing exercise, and denying yourself every little thing tends to take a toll on you, so that's why I'm here looking for support. I figure having a support group during the bad times may keep my motivation up just enough to keep me on track- or at least not completely give up on my goals.

I look forward to getting to know you all! Thanks for reading.

Replies

• BetterVersion
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and just checking everything out. This site seems to be really well put together. I hope to find some new "friends" here to share our journeys.

I am 24 and have a 20 month old son. I am currently 80-100 pounds over weight, but am only looking to lose about 50 pounds total. My first goal, though, is twenty five pounds. It seems easy enough when you start, but day after day of counting calories, focusing on weight loss and increasing exercise, and denying yourself every little thing tends to take a toll on you, so that's why I'm here looking for support. I figure having a support group during the bad times may keep my motivation up just enough to keep me on track- or at least not completely give up on my goals.

I look forward to getting to know you all! Thanks for reading.
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! you will like it here. The support is incredible, I couldn't keep going without it. You will do well on your journey!!!!:bigsmile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome momma,

Believe it or not, it get's easier the more you do it. Also with the support on here, you know you're never alone. And don't think you need to deny yourself everything, that's not how it has to go. Reasonable choices, good overall nutrition, and an exercise routine that you can stick to will go a long way for you.

best luck to you.

-Banks
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hello! :flowerforyou:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    This place is awesome.

Good Luck :happy:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! You can do it! It can be tricky, but measure yourself right now and try on one of your tighter jeans so you have a starting point. You can do it!
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you'll love this website it's great and the people are great!

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tacoman
    tacoman Posts: 40
    Options
    Just wanted to add my welcome as well. Looks like you are off to a good start. Keep up the good work.:happy:

65461.png