How do you reward yourself for weightloss?

Options
2»

Replies

• KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am a very blessed woman and I have all the clothes, bags, shoes and jewellry that I need to be comfortable :-)

However, you can never have enough memories! For milestones, it's nice to visit somewhere new :-) Discover a new walk, a nice pub or a good film.

This is what we do and it's worked well so far!

The resolve to make a change comes from within, motivation is a necessity - whichever form it takes.

Kaela x
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    perfume, smaller clothes, makeup.i want my hair done next. anything to makes that new you look better. my ultimate gift to myself will be a breast lift and tummy tuck after being in maintenance for two years.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Maybe so, but I have a question. What happens when the exciting phase of weight loss and rewards has halted? When you reach maintenance and you realize it is the hardest part by far?

Motivation HAS to be internal for long term success.
    I hit the maintenance phase two years ago this month and you're right, it's hard because I got addicted to the wins of seeing the pounds fall off. I started lifting and adding a few back on purpose but muscle building is a lot slower going. That's where the rewards come in. Every month is another win and every few months I take another trip.

The drive is internal but my inner self likes a party as much as my outer self.
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    Maybe so, but I have a question. What happens when the exciting phase of weight loss and rewards has halted? When you reach maintenance and you realize it is the hardest part by far?

Motivation HAS to be internal for long term success.
    I hit the maintenance phase two years ago this month and you're right, it's hard because I got addicted to the wins of seeing the pounds fall off. I started lifting and adding a few back on purpose but muscle building is a lot slower going. That's where the rewards come in. Every month is another win and every few months I take another trip.

The drive is internal but my inner self likes a party as much as my outer self.

Love this!
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am going to be buying a foot bath for having reached my first big milestone. It is a splurge, but a needed one because my feet are rebelling against all the time I spend walking and jogging now.
  • jenniferpark01
    jenniferpark01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I stopped the 5 to 10 pound loss rewards because they were not motivating me. I motivate myself by signing up for Disney Runs. They are super fun, expensive, and very motivating to me. I don't want to get kicked off the course (16 min mile pace) and waste my entry fee. It works for me.

Try some different ideas and see what motivates you best.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I have a whole list on my profile.
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My rewards so far-

-Being able to tie my shoes without getting out of breath
    -Being able to bend over to pick up said shoes without a damn struggle
    -Being able to stand at the kitchen sink to wash dishes without my back hurting/having to stop because my core is too weak
    -Getting into my fiance's low sports car without a problem and no more seat belt cutting into my waist
    -The way my old jeans are starting to fit and the way my fiance looks at me when they do fit!
    - Not using my hand or leaning on something to help me get up-thank you squats!
    -The ability to workout for a half hour virtually non stop and my overall body strength improving
    -The mental reward of using pure willpower to get off my *kitten* and work hard for something that is really only about me and no one else.

May seem lame to others but it's the little stuff to me which really adds up to a whole heck lot. Hopefully I will be able to add to it as I lose more. :0)