Sugar addict here.....

Options
......does anyone have any pointers on a good cake or cookie that taste like I'm not trying to eat healthy?? hahahahaa!!! I love sugar and its my weakness. I just want to find something that I can consume and not feel bad afterwards.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if it would work for you, but...for me? A quest bar gets me through the sweets munchies.
    http://www.questproteinbar.com
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want and don't feel "bad" about it. BUT I watch the amount very carefully. For example, 6 MnMs, not the whole 12 oz bag. 1/2 cookie, not 2 dozen. 2 Tablespoons of icecream, not 1/2 the carton. When I do eat these sugary treats, I sit down and eat it very slowly, taking small bites, enjoying it, taking sips of water between bites. This makes it so that a small amount satisfies my desire for sweets.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Homemade Skinny Chocolate Cake in a Mug

( 136 cals, 25 carbs, 0 fat, 5 protein, 10 sugar, 105 sodium, as per MFP Recipe setting)

2 tbsp Flour ( I used whole wheat)
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    1 tbsp Cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1 egg white
    1.5 tbsp skim milk
    1.5 tbsp apple sauce
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Put all the dry ingredients in a mug
    Add all the wet ingredients
    Give it a good stir
    Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes ( or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean)

I splurged and put 1 tbsp of chocolate chips on top and melted them for 15 seconds! I then put a handful of raspberries on top.
    So filling and delicious!
  • bloodyhonest
    bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want and don't feel "bad" about it. BUT I watch the amount very carefully. For example, 6 MnMs, not the whole 12 oz bag. 1/2 cookie, not 2 dozen. 2 Tablespoons of icecream, not 1/2 the carton. When I do eat these sugary treats, I sit down and eat it very slowly, taking small bites, enjoying it, taking sips of water between bites. This makes it so that a small amount satisfies my desire for sweets.

This is a recipe for disaster...you know the OP will end up doing this 50 times a day
  • breeezy1030
    breeezy1030 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am so trying this recipe....
  • breeezy1030
    breeezy1030 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not the recipe for disaster, the chocolate cake in a mug one...
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    On the average, I end up having one small treat per day, not 50. I don't feel deprived at all. I lost 5 pounds last month and am within 3 pounds of goal weight. I was just trying to share what works for me hoping it might help someone else. (Total weight loss is 30 pounds so far.)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Try quest bars or other protein bars.

Honestly I fit what I want to eat in my calories, personally. Not always easy but typically it works... it was either that or depriving myself, and I'd rather enjoy my sweets.
  • lindajeanscs
    Options
    My go to for healthy recipes whether for a meal or snack is hungrygirl.com. Lisa has several good cookbooks, too.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    6 M&Ms? This wouldn't work for me. I'd do better with 0.
  • VeganCappy
    VeganCappy Posts: 122
    Options
    Why not just eat fruit?
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When I HAVE to have chocolate, I have a Fiber One 90 calorie brownie.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Why not just eat fruit?
    Replace cake/cookies with fruit. No even once.

Fruit has sugar you know.
    Indeed. Granted, cake makes me hungry. Fruit doesn't.
    So I'd aim for something that tastes yummy like chocolate, but doesn't cause me cravings for more... a protein bar, a quest bar, even a south beach diet snack bar from time to time.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Fudgy Cookies - 29 calories each:

500 grams of cooked butternut squash, processed until smooth.
    Add 1/2 cup of cocoa.
    1/2 cup of flour.
    1 egg.
    Half a bar of 70% chocolate bar.
    Mix. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheets, making 35 cookies.
    Bake on fairly low heat for up to 1/2 hour until set.
  • catrockst3ady
    catrockst3ady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT other than that protein bars, granola, and 80% dark chocolate.
    And honestly, if I /really/ want something, I'll have it! I don't see how it's helpful to restrict yourself when food is food. I find it counterproductive to demonize certain foods when, 'Everything in moderation.'
    I've just switched to eating the serving size instead of the whole bag/ carton/ box.

Also, these recipe's look amazing and I'm trying all of them! :bigsmile:
  • VeganCappy
    VeganCappy Posts: 122
    Options
    Why not just eat fruit?
    Replace cake/cookies with fruit. No even once.

Fruit has sugar you know.

Yes, fruit does have sugar in the form of fructose. Sugar is the preferred fuel for the body. But if you eat processed sugar, you are getting no other nutrients. Fruit is packed full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and over 10,000 phytochemicals. It helps to maintain a steady blood sugar level, is low in fat, and the fiber helps to extract toxins in the body, and clean out the digestive track. There is nothing bad about fruit. Plus it can satisfy our sweet tooth.
  • GiveItAll92
    GiveItAll92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sugar free fudgsicles (40cals each) and giant fudge bars (weight watchers brand 100 cals) both do the trick for me