What day of the week is your weigh in day and why?

Options

Replies

• MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I weigh pretty much every day. I log it on MFP whenever I feel like it was a true loss and I usually stay 1 pound behind on here. I do keep a log in my phone though that has my weight for every Thursday. Thursday because that was the first day I weighed myself and started using MFP.
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I like to keep myself aware of just what's going on....I'm really controlling!! I record once a week, though.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Daily and let the Happy Scale app show the trend line. Any less frequently, is that the good day or the bad one? However I measure body parts weekly, for non scale verification.
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sunday, so I can see where I am and what is needed over the week. I also take my photos on Sunday, and then do taping on Monday.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and use a moving average to determine my trend weight (similar to what vismal does, except that it's a different calculation -- I have an app called WeightTrend+ that does it for me).

I update my weight with MFP each Wednesday after I've taken my weight for that day and entered it into my app to get the new trend weight. So I still think of myself as having a weigh-in day, but it's not that day's weight that I am entering...it's a weight that represents my trend and is therefor not subject to the fluctuations.

Anyway, I picked Wednesdays just because that was the first day I started MFP, but I find that it is a nice little treat to enter my new weight each Wednesday morning. Kind of a little motivator to get me through to the weekend.

ETA: I do measurements on Saturdays when I have more time, although I am considering moving to once-a-month for that.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, or when ever I want. I do this to learn fluctuations and to know my range and what the turned is doing. Since depending on sodium, hormones and other things can make me weigh anywhere in about a 4lb range, I like to know when I hit a new low, and this is what I record.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Wednesday morning. Wednesday is the first day of my 3 day "weekend," so it's good to check in and remind myself not to get bored and veg out and instead use my time more productively.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Because I need to know.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My weigh day is on Wednesdays. The only reason is because I'm in weight loss challenges and they happened to start on a Wednesday.
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I urinate. Sometimes I am up a little bit if I had something carb heavy, a lot of sodium or it's the TOM. But I don't freak out if it's up a little bit. Like I will have a serving of pasta and a lot of times it will be up the next day but I know for sure I didn't eat 3500 calories so I don't have a meltdown. Most of the time though there is a loss. Even if it is a very small one. I feel like weighing everyday keeps me honest with myself and it is interesting to see what causes me to gain water weight. It may seem weird but it helps me tailor my diet to my specific wants and needs.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i still weigh myself daily... but i use the fat mass scales every saturday at the gym... but not sure how accurate that is to be honest... but I like it when that ones says i'm down.... Don't worry much about the home scales anymore... because of all the lifting i'm doing at the gym... i figure it isn't going to show much downward movement anymore.....
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    friday night before dinner or sat late morning after my 3rd fast of the week
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I think once a week weigh ins can set you up for disappointment. If you happen to have a high sodium day the night before weigh in, you can feel that the whole week was a waste even though you are still on point. I weigh daily and take a weekly average of my weights. I compare those averages to previous weeks. This method lessens the impact that sodium and water retention have on my actual results.

This is very interesting!

Personally, I'm weighing in about once a month
  • bbracken77
    bbracken77 Posts: 65
    Options
    mine is Sunday! Just the day I stared on!
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    every day
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on the 1st and 15th of every month. It's far enough apart that I don't obsess over it, but easy enough to remember to do.
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sundays. I dot own a scale as of yet, but my grandma-in-law does and we're there every Sunday.
  • WisheeNY
    WisheeNY Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mondays. I don't know why.
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My official weight in day is Friday. I check almost every day, but record on Friday morning. I usually give myself the rest of the day to relax a bit on the diet.
  • Da_Big_Kahuna
    Da_Big_Kahuna Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Pretty much daily... which reminds me... I haven't weighed today.

I don't obsess if I'm up a pound or 2 at 270 that's less than 1%. Like others I just look for a downward trend and use that to keep me on track.