Replies

• krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Great salmon ideas....bumping for later
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    This is my all-time favorite salmon recipe. I don't use nearly as much olive oil as this calls for. You really just need enough to coat it. The best part is all the fresh herbs. Enjoy! :heart:

Courtesty of Ina Garten (of Barefoot Contessa) and HouseBeautiful.com
    http://www.housebeautiful.com/kitchens/recipes/recipes-herb-roasted-salmon?click=main_sr

HERB-ROASTED SALMON
    Serves 6

1 large (2 to 2 1/2 pound) salmon fillet, bones and skin removed
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup good olive oil
    2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
    5 scallions, white and green parts, minced
    1/2 cup minced fresh dill
    1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
    1/4 cup dry white wine
    Lemon wedges, for serving

1. Place the salmon fillet in a nonreactive roasting dish and season it generously with salt and pepper. Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle the mixture evenly over the salmon. Let it stand at room temperature to marinate for 15 minutes.

2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

3. In a bowl, stir together the scallions, dill, and parsley. Scatter the herb mixture over the salmon fillet, turning it so that both sides become generously coated with the green herbs. Pour the wine over and around the fish fillet.

4. Roast the salmon for 10 to 12 minutes, until almost cooked in the center at the thickest part. Remove from the oven and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Cut the salmon across into serving pieces and serve hot with lemon wedges.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    PAN SEARED SALMON WITH SOUR CREAM AND DILL
    From www.foodtv.com.

INGREDIENTS
    2 T Extra-virgin olive oil
    4 Salmon fillets, pin bones removed
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    1 Pint sour cream
    2 Bunches dill, chopped
    Juice of 2 lemons
    1 Shallot, minced
    Pinch Red pepper flakes
    3 T Horseradish

DIRECTIONS
    Coat a large skillet with olive oil and place over medium heat. When hot, add the fillets to the pan skin side down; season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the skin is nice and brown. Turn the fish over and cook for 3 minutes on the other side. Keep warm while preparing the sauce.

In a small bowl whisk together sour cream, dill, lemon juice, shallot, red pepper flakes, and horseradish. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the sauce over the pan-seared salmon.

Yield: 4 servings
    Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Cook Time: 8 minutes
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Great salmon ideas....bumping for later

I love salmon and cook it atleast 1 maybe 2 times a week! I just usally cook it plain with nothing added! We found some really good stuff with amazing flavor forom a local meat market. :smile:
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Bump!
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome salmon recipe posted under another topic that you would probably love.

If you like Salmon and haven't seen the recipe called "Crunchy Wasabi Salmon with Lime " You might want to check it out. It is very simple to prepare and tasty as well. There is a picture, and as you can see the presentation is also beautiful.

Salmon is so tasty! Looks like you've received a lot of helpful hints already! Best of luck to you! Just go to recipes and type in Crunchy Wasabi Salmon with Lime under search, it should comje right up.
  • hendrickson21
    Options
    My salmon is a family favorite and is is prolly as easy as you can get.. Tkae your salmon adn in a shallow dish pour low sodium soy sauce.. let the salmon soak flesh side down in that for up to 30 minutes. Remove it from the soy sauce, drain ifyou are using the same pan.. and flip the salmon over so it is flesh side up.. Dot with thin slices of butter (not to much) then place under the broiler for about 15 minutes! Comes out perfect everytime
  • Pattitude
    Pattitude Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    8 salmon fillets (or adjust for how many you need.... this is a family-sized recipe!)

•1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    •1 teaspoon sesame oil
    •5 tablespoons soy sauce
    •4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    •3 tablespoons honey
    •3 teaspoons light brown sugar
    •1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
    •1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
    •1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
    •2 green onions, chopped
    •3 cloves garlic, minced

Place salmon in plastic bag, combine ingredients, pour into bag, and marinate for 8 hours - overnight. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put salmon in greased baking dish and pour marinate over salmon Bake for 20 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork.

Absolutely delicious... my fiance and I have it once a week! I wish the website I got it from had nutritional info... but it can't be THAT bad!
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you copy and paste the title into the search box, you can see a picture of this delicious meal. Enjoy!

Crunchy Wasabi Salmon with Lime

Bon Appétit | March 2007

yield: Makes 4 servings
    Wasabi peas are dried green peas that are covered in a spicy coating made from wasabi powder. They can be found at some supermarkets and natural foods stores, and at Asian markets. Serve this dish with a bowl of steamed jasmine rice.

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup wasabi peas (about 3 ounces)
    * 4 (8-ounce) salmon fillets with skin (each about 1 inch to 1 1/4 inches thick)
    * 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
    * 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided

* 6 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/2 large head)
    * 1 (8-ounce) package trimmed sugar snap peas

* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    * Lime wedges

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 400°F. Blend wasabi peas in processor until ground but with some coarsely crushed pieces. Lightly oil rimmed baking sheet. Arrange salmon fillets, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle fish with salt. Press ground wasabi peas onto tops of salmon fillets to adhere, covering tops completely. Sprinkle grated lime peel over salmon; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Roast salmon just until opaque in center, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and sugar snap peas; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Transfer 1 salmon fillet to each of 4 plates. Drizzle with lime juice. Mound cabbage-snap pea mixture alongside. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.

The only variation that I made was adding a bit of the lime zest to the veggies.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Layer the pan with sliced onions and tplace the salmon on top of the onions... salt... pepper and low cal mayo, it makes the salmon melt in your mouth... you can of course remove the mayo before eating it...If I serve it for company, I add garlic on top of the mayo and mozzarella cheese towars the end and let it melt and brown a bit.... delish!
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Put salmon on a piece of foil sprinkle with Mrs Dash, pinch of salt add fresh rosemary and a slice of lemon then seal it up, put it in the oven 350-375 for about 20 minutes. Take it out and let it sit for 5 minutes open up your foil and you will find the best piece of salmon ...yummy!!! Add a salad and a nice glass of red wine and you will be set!!
  • auranda
    auranda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like to pan sear mine. Just some cooking spray or a little olive oil and rub the salmon with grill seasoning and salt. pan fry on both side until golden. My whole family (even my 2 year old) love it!
  • LoveOfMyLife
    Options
    bumpity bump bump!
  • Loribell23
    Options
    All of these recies sound great! When I have made Salmon in the past, I have just thrown together some soy sauce, brown sugap, ginger, garlic and honey. I mix together, and let it marinade for about 30 minutes and then bake in the oven. Really good!
  • pbell
    pbell Posts: 15
    Options
    i mix 1 tbs lemon juice w 1 tsp pesto.... yummmmm
    also pineapple juice, soy sauce and a little asian seasoning... delish!!!
  • mrsdsmith
    mrsdsmith Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump:)
  • bigfatpie
    Options
    Bump
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    1/4 cup dijon mustard
    1/4 cup evoo
    2 garlic cloves (minced
    old bay (to taste)
    cracked black pepper
    fresh lemon juice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
    Marinate salmon for 15 min. Roast in oven for 12 min.
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    <
    HUNGRY NOW!