5 months ago today

Options
I started a journey of renewal. I started thinking that I wanted to feel better, look better, and BE better.

In 5 months I have lost 45lbs, and 2 pant sizes. When I started I could do only 5 min on the elliptical machine I was SOOOO out of shape. Now I do 30-40 min 4-5 times a week.

I can't believe how far I've come. I can't believe that it DID get easier to be this way. THIS is my new normal. I still enjoy food (A LOT) but I am choosier about what is worth it to me. I admit I had chili cheese fries this week and they were AWESOME. They were worth it for the splurge.

I even lost weight over the holidays and allowed myself to TASTE anything I wanted. I just made sure I still exercised on schedule. I give myself one completely free day a month and I use it to eat something I really really love and don't worry about the calories (Usually chicken Alfredo YUMM).

So for anyone just starting that thinks ONE small change can't make a difference I'm proof that it CAN. It doesn't matter how out of shape you are. 5 mins lead to 8 mins, and then to 15 and 40 min. You can do this!!!

I have 30lbs to go til my "goal" and I will see how I feel at that point, that's still at the TOP end of my comfort zone so I might go another 15lbs but we'll see when I get there :D

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Congratulations very inspiring
  • ladybuggirls07
    ladybuggirls07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful to hear!! I started in November, but, when I read this it was like a glimpse into the future!! Congratulations and good luck on meeting your ultimate goal!!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    That's incredible!! You managed o lose all that weight by not dieting!! You made a lifestyle choice and it shows!! WTG
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    Amazing!

I think about all the times I gave up and then 3 months had passed and I thought if I'd only stayed with it I would be 3 months closer to my goal. Well this time it's one day at a time! Thanks for the words of wisdom! Good luck with your journey!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    That's awesome! And you've inspired me since right now at this time I'm lucky to do 5 minutes on the elliptical. I keep trying, but it just kills me! lol I'll get there though. We all will. We just have to keep going.
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    THIS is my new normal.

These words say it all. Great job!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And you've inspired me since right now at this time I'm lucky to do 5 minutes on the elliptical. I keep trying, but it just kills me! lol I'll get there though. We all will. We just have to keep going.

If it's your home machine do 5 in now and 5 min tonight. It's not REALLY the same as doing 10 min but it's a start :D
  • seamonkeys
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Great job!