not seeing results

Options
I just started working out again since giving birth, and decided to do the 30 day shred since it seems to have such good results. Im not seeing much of an improvement though. I just started day one of lv 3 today. I am breastfeeding still so I have to watch that I always eat enough, and im probably eating more than I should because im worried about my supply dropping. I eat pretty healthy but with a 6 month old we do order out every so often. does anyone have suggestions on what I can do, or what I may be doing wrong?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    How long has it been? And what's your overall goal? Your ticker shows 15 pounds to go so your loss should be slow & steady. Though I don't know if this is an intermediary goal of long term.

Overall though - weigh what you eat with a digital food scale, log everything. Know what you're consuming, whether its at home or out. Drink plenty of water, get plenty of rest. (Those will help with your supply also.)
  • LaneB89
    LaneB89 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    "Eating healthy" doesn't really mean anything. A person could become obese eating only fruits and veggies if they wanted - it's about calories. If you want to lose weight, you need to eat less food - bottom line. No exercise program is going to make you lose weight without making the appropriate changes to your diet.
  • MrsMajor87
    MrsMajor87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    im not overeating, but im just worried about lowering my intake too much and screwing up my supply. Getting a good nights sleep isnt really an option with a 6 month old lol. Im sure my lack of sleep is playing a part.
  • MrsMajor87
    Options
    its been a little over a month that im working out. I just expected more of a change based on all the before and after photos ive seen. That tracker is old, from before my pregnancy. Im really not concerned about what the number on the scale says, I just want to be overall healthier and leaner. I'm 5'2 133pounds. So Im not really sure on a weight I want to be... im really just more concerned about getting back in shape and healthier. I don't have much further to go.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Post pregnancy you have to be careful. You may have some underlying weakness which can actually be made worse by a program like 30 day shred. Look into post pregnancy exercises first and make sure you are ready. I just read an article about French post pregnancy care and how they get physical therapy to strengthen the muscles that were stretched out during pregnancy.
  • MrsMajor87
    Options
    I haven't had any issues since starting the 30DS? A little soreness in the beginning but nothing else. Even though i've been fine and able to do everything should I still looking into something geared towards post pregnancy?
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    If you aren't worried about the scale (and I agree with you that you shouldn't be, at this point in the proceedings), what, specifically, are your goals?
  • MrsMajor87
    Options
    flatten my stomach and lose some fat on my thighs. Overall I would like more muscle. Im looking to tone up pretty much and lose the last 5-10 pounds of fat from the pregnancy. I have a lower belly pudge from the pregnancy that I really hate and want gone.