Curvy Girls Running Problems

Options

Replies

• joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can still be uncomfortable. As a bigger-busted person, I can tell you that and also say that one of the greatest inventions ever in my opinion, is the sports bra (right after air conditioning). I wish I knew about sports bras back in high school (I don't know if they existed then - back in the 80s...) But my lack of "support" made sports, running, etc. uncomfortable and embarrassing to me back then and it's one of the reasons why I didn't pursue many activities.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Why don't you grow 20-40 lbs of soft tissue dangling off your chest and subject that to 30-40 mins of rhythmic impact generating up to 4 times your bodyweight of force with each impact, and then tell me how you know all about running with boobs. K?

You're awfully aggressive and snarky. You may need some bacon.
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's not a problem with the right sports bra.
  • Doorothie
    Doorothie Posts: 1
    Options
    I wear a 34GG/HH depending. I've gone the three-sports-bras route, I've gone the "getting a properly sized sports bra" route. No matter what I do, there is still some bounce and some pain. Honestly, my most recent sports bra has been the best, but I finished my run over 3 hours ago and the girls are still achy and sore :(
  • CookNLift
    Options
    They said that even though they wear sports bras, they can't run to their fullest potential because it still hurts. Is this true or not?

My feet, calves, shins, knees, hamstrings, quads, side, heart, and lungs can hurt when I run. Does this mean I can never reach my full potential?

That's actually true, but I assumed that they were supposed to be sore after a run, and that the sports bra would actually help alleviate pain. I was told also that the reason I had shin splints was because I needed a better running shoe, and it did help. I thought it would be the same to say for sports bras, and that they made them specifically to assist women to run without having the pain, guess the manufacturers were wrong and although they may help, it doesn't actually do much for some.
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Running is one of the only times I complain about my boobs. It's uncomfortable and they feel twice as heavy. So, can't agree with you!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    it doesnt hurt me in a regular bra, and I have a decent size chest.( i learned recently from *ahem* someone that i was wearing the wrong size...oops)

so I guess it goes by the individual.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    They still hurt. I wear my bra and 2 sports bras and my fun bags still become sore if I run a lot. It sucks and she's right.
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think you and your sister & friend are both right. For some people sports bras work and do their job, and for others as you can see from all the posts they don't. So I think both parties won't get anywhere in your 'argument' since it ultimately depends on the person.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is stemming from an argument I had with my sister and friend. They said that even though they wear sports bras, they can't run to their fullest potential because it still hurts. Is this true or not? My argument was that sports bras are supposed to tighten everything down and prevent any pain, and they said it still doesn't work.

Please someone tell me that I'm right so I can find some proof.

Translation:

Please tell me if someone you don't know is in pain. They say they are in pain, and I am not them and have never had the experience of being them, but they're probably wrong.

Can someone else agree with me, which will prove that they are definitely wrong?
  • TJ_Rugger
    TJ_Rugger Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Why would you engage in an argument about this?

Because boobs.

^^^ ^THIS... and BOOBS R KEWL!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I don't even understand why a guy would get into an argument with a female about this. It's like them trying to argue with us about what child birth feels like
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Why would you engage in an argument about this?

bc we ran together and they complained about it? I hope one wouldn't start a conversation about it over some expensive cocktails on a rooftop bar with a stranger sipping on oysters.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have developed a running style which involves pretty much running with my elbows glued to my ribs, so it holds my boobs a bit steadier!! Probably not the most correct technique but one that stops me knocking myself out!

Guys have no idea the problems we larger busted women have to face!! (My husband asked me the other day why anybody would want a breast reduction! He said I would have thought the bigger the better, I explained in words of one syllable or less, and he has taken back his comment!! )
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    It's not the boob movement that hurts, it's when they fly over and slap me on the back.
    I don't know if they are mad or encouraging me on???
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Lol, Op, this is not the first time you have posted a thread to bring in ladies talking about their big boobs.
  • jimbmc
    jimbmc Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No it doesnt work.

My GF has the same problem. She has a slender build, but carries about 6kg of Breast tissue around with her (34 F).

We have just recently bought her a new sports bra, plus a tight sports top. She wears both at the same time, and it has helped. She is able to do her 30 day shred routine without having to hold her breasts constantly. Having said that, I would not let her go running for 40 mins, as she would be in severe pain, and probably injure herself.

This IS a problem for the curvy lady. Do NOT think otherwise.

Best thing you can do is help her through it, and go shopping with her, for the right equipment, and check that it fits properly, and TEST it out.

I know its your sister, but look at it from an objective fitness point of view, and help her...
  • CookNLift
    Options
    I don't even understand why a guy would get into an argument with a female about this. It's like them trying to argue with us about what child birth feels like

lol true. I remember laughing at a friend trying to describe it via a BM. I did hear that some men experience sympathy pains, but that could be suggestive to how much pain the actual woman is in.