Curvy Girls Running Problems

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I've only read the original post, so I am basing my response on that alone.

NOT TRUE. Investing in a proper sports bra is the key. The first time I ran more than a mile, I actually bruised my boobs. Yes, it was painful. And I was layering two sports bras. But now I've invested about $200 into better ones, and I haven't had this happen again.
  • ekmcdan
    ekmcdan Posts: 38
    Options
    I obviously was a little aggressive/assumptuous in my first response, so thank you back for understand the point of view. :)

I think what you're doing for your sister is great! It's awesome that you're going out of your way to help her. More of us could use the support .... lol, puns. :P
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I think the op really is asking for his sister.
  • gmcoulombe
    gmcoulombe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have small B's and it still hurts from time to time. I couldn't imagine having them bigger!
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    I am a proud member of the itty bitty titty commity and I am probably largea, small b.. very small b... I don't have the issue of it hurting when I run and I run vigorously. However it hurts whenever I do anything involving working the chest area, and then run... ?

:wink: dont know if this helps
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    OP, I believe you were coming from a good place and trying to help a loved one. Unfortunately, you just can't win on these sites.

I remember a guy posted about how he disliked thigh gaps. In his mind (I'm guessing...), he was going to get the sympathy of people who find it difficult to have a thigh gap and think curves or not being totally skinny is a good thing. Instead, he got one response right off the bat that said, for some people, thigh gaps are genetic and they can't control having them. What ensued was like a seven page hate forum on this guy about he was hating on or discriminating against people who are genetically pre-disposed to having a thigh gap. And all he wanted to express (again, I'm guessing...) was that it's okay to not be especially skinny.

Just yesterday, I tried to tell someone that cleaning the house, if you do it the way I do, was actual hard work and worthy of recording calories burned. I thought I'd get some home owners or single parents or someone who cleans the whole house by themselves to just say, "Yeah, it's tough owning a home," or, "Yeah, people think being a stay-at-home mom is easy, but it's actually hard work." Instead, I got pretty hated on for being "holier-than-thou," which digressed into an argument about how I don't know how to properly log calories burned during weight lifting and how I probably drown kittens in my spare time.

Sadly, you aren't going to win. Thanks for caring enough about your loved ones to put up with people who have (violently) different opinions or perspectives on your motivation. I think I might be done with forums.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not as large as my mom and sisters, but I still need to have a good bra.

I think originally it sounded like you just wanted to win an argument, but now the information you've given along the way makes it seem like you really care about your sister and enjoy spending time with her.

I hope you can help her find what she needs.

I don't know her size, but LuLuMon has a "Ta Ta Tamer" that has great reviews. I own one but think I got the band size too small, so I don't like to wear it much.

If it's under $50 it's probably not strong enough. For large chested women there is more technology. Things we look for are:
    Wide Straps
    NOT PULL OVER THE HEAD!
    Separated Cups
    Underwire
    Heat venting
    Solid Material (that yoga bra or lacy bralette? not gonna happen)

But for a person your sisters age, even if she doesn't show the bra, she may want something colorful or fun.

She's lucky to have a brother who cares about her so much he's working on bra research.

Next you need to get her some sweat wicking panties... oh... maybe not? (totally a joke. if you were my brother I'd tease you like that)
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Your sister and her friend are 100% correct. It HURTS. Even doubling up on sports bras doesn't work. You'd have to use that sports wrap, wrap yourself with 2-3 of those, and THEN put two sports bras on...and that might help the girls from jiggling around so much.

Also, it hurts more during certain times of the month. Right now, for me, any movement is painful.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this!!

I have DD's and I wear a regular bra, sports bra over that and a shirt with built in sports bra and they still can bounce to the point of pain. I agree with others that it varies from person to person but is a reality for some of us.

I have learned some from the posts here as well though, so thanks for the request to settle the argument!

:smile:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    We've heard about your sister, now...
    Tell-me-about-your-mother-mads-mikkelsen-34561379-500-280_zps1c947548.gif
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I might be an anomaly here but I am a DD/E and I am perfectly comfortable running, I go about 9 miles a week and do just fine never any pain and I have never doubled up bras. I agree the annoying thing is men checking me out, but I usually wear a crew neck t-shirt to prevent that.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    yes it hurts

I have to wear 3 sports bras to work out just to keep the hurt down
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Even after your edit, OP, you still sound like a *kitten*.
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wearing a good supportive bra with a good supportive sports bra over it works for me.
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Running with my boobs is annoying...:grumble:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is stemming from an argument I had with my sister and friend. They said that even though they wear sports bras, they can't run to their fullest potential because it still hurts. Is this true or not? My argument was that sports bras are supposed to tighten everything down and prevent any pain, and they said it still doesn't work.

It doesn't work because they are buying cheap *kitten* bras.
  • theskinnyvixen
    Options
    I own a Shock Absorber Sports Bra. I am a size 30F. I got the sports bra in a size 30F. There's no movement of my breasts at all. No pain, not even a little bit of bouncing. Get yourself properly measured and go on amazon and buy one... I spent $40 on it, but it's worth it. If you want to run, or do any exercise, it's so worth it.