Nerds Unite!

Options

Replies

• tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So, anyone want to dress up in Ren Fest costumes, put on some Dr. Who, and read a few books while playing WoW? OH LOOK ROCK! *collects*

Sounds like my kinda LAN party!

Tinkbaby101 you just won the internets.

MUUUAHAHAHAHA, it has begun! :devil:

All your base are belong to us!!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    One thing that WAS cool back when we played WoW 5 nights a week, is hubby and I both had treadmill desks and I would walk 8-10 miles per night. I actually weighed less when we played WoW all the time. It's messed up =|
  • gloriann1
    gloriann1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow nerds!

My friends and I have been ramping up for Ragnarock, part of Dagorhir battle games. It is a LARP-style game with no magic or hit points, if you get hit, you die. It's a great workout!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqNpif-tAYk
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    One thing that WAS cool back when we played WoW 5 nights a week, is hubby and I both had treadmill desks and I would walk 8-10 miles per night. I actually weighed less when we played WoW all the time. It's messed up =|

That is epic!
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I miss WoW... all those hours grinding for some epic mount or chest piece...

And then they had to go all panda bear on us... I mean Death Knights were all right, but Panda Bears?

Plus, once South Park did the their skit on WoW and I realized that Jenkins and I bore an uncanny resemblance, I decided it might not be cool for me to play any more...
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    I miss WoW... all those hours grinding for some epic mount or chest piece...

And then they had to go all panda bear on us... I mean Death Knights were all right, but Panda Bears?

Plus, once South Park did the their skit on WoW and I realized that Jenkins and I bore an uncanny resemblance, I decided it might not be cool for me to play any more...

I do enjoy the Monk class. I did make a panda once..but then I realize it was larger than my orc...and like the same size as my male tauren and Could NOT DO IT! I will stick to my little dead girls :D
  • KateV888
    KateV888 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Old school nerd here ... Or maybe just old nerd. 43 and decades of nerd-dom under my belt.

I was playing PC games when they were text adventures.

I was online, when online meant BBS's.

I was programming in BASIC long before BASIC was visual.

I was reading X-MEN when Days of Future Past first came out.

I played pong. It was awesome.

And I've engaged in way too many nerdy activities since then.

100+ lbs to lose...
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Old school nerd here ... Or maybe just old nerd. 43 and decades of nerd-dom under my belt.

100+ lbs to lose...

Old Nerd Power!

My first "Hard Drive" was a cassette tape on a Commodore Vic 20 which took five minutes load the siren sound modulation script it took me twenty minutes to input.

When Prodigy was a great upgrade to CompuServe.

When your choice of a color monitor meant you picked green or orange for the text displayed on the screen.

When Microsoft Word was called Word Perfect and you miss how wonderfully hard it was to write a simple letter in the program.
  • Sherbear1109
    Sherbear1109 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Lol What a post here! :-). I'm about as nerdy as you get. I'm an at home mom selling MTG cards and handmade goods online. My hobbies include reading, playing MTG,video games, playing with my kids, crochet, crafts, and dance. As for T.V., it's all about the sci-fi and fantasy here. Nice to see so many other "nerds" working out and getting/staying fit.
  • Ktanaqui
    Ktanaqui Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow, this exploded rather quickly. It's really awesome to see so many people into the same stuff here. ^^ Anybody around here play Age of Empires III? I want some more people to practice against!
  • RecessLover
    Options
    Nice introductions! As I'm typing, my son is yelling at me because he "needs a new Grevious". His lego figure is falling apart. Soooo....I will deal with that emergency first and try to come back for a real introduction!
  • KateV888
    KateV888 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

100+ lbs to lose...

Old Nerd Power!

My first "Hard Drive" was a cassette tape on a Commodore Vic 20 which took five minutes load the siren sound modulation script it took me twenty minutes to input.

When Prodigy was a great upgrade to CompuServe.

When your choice of a color monitor meant you picked green or orange for the text displayed on the screen.

When Microsoft Word was called Word Perfect and you miss how wonderfully hard it was to write a simple letter in the program.

Oh the memories. We probably had the same tape recorder. Mine was connected to a TRASH-80.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    Good night nerds! :drinker:
  • Anaralar
    Anaralar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a group that may like/need Ingress. If you have an Android phone, get the Ingress app from the play store. It's an ARG by Google and you have to walk outside to level up! I've been playing off and on since 12/2012 'cause I like getting badges.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    When i was a kid, i programmed a Dracula game on a computer using BASIC...and now i can't remember what it was called. It was damn near 30 years ago now....BASIC was fun. Lol
  • HikariAlta
    Options
    Big nerd girl here! I love Anime and Manga, K and J Drama, Scifi, and anything kawaii. I am really interested in the depiction of ephemerality in Japanese high and low art, and its cultural significance, particularly the sakura (cherry blossom). I love Emiko Ohnuki-Tierney's "Kamakaze Diaries: Reflections of Japanese Student Soldiers" and am eager to read her "Kamikaze, Cherry Blossoms, and Nationalisms: The Militarization of Aesthetics in Japanese History".

Is that nerdy enough for ya?
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a group that may like/need Ingress. If you have an Android phone, get the Ingress app from the play store. It's an ARG by Google and you have to walk outside to level up! I've been playing off and on since 12/2012 'cause I like getting badges.

Then graduate to Geocaching ;) Ingress was fun at the beginning, I haven't touched it for a while though.
  • GalactusEmpire
    GalactusEmpire Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I suppose I am a nerd. I enjoy nerdy things.

Nerd culture has become so mainstream I suppose that most people in some way can say they are a nerd.

But I do like discussing nerdy topics from time to time.
  • AGirrl
    AGirrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Julie, I am into Brit Mystery TV shows! You name it - I've seen it all! So, it was always my dream to become a police officer! Due to heart issues I was never able to enrol to anything sports-related so I compensate my misfortunes by reading lot of Connelly, Child etc and yes! watching classy and not-so-classy mystery series. Hell, I go to gym at least 3-4 times/week (for about two years now,) and I keep my weight generally in check, but I've always wanted to be...a skinny type. So yesterday I've decided to check my weight/exercise/food patterns in order to be at least in half a year the person I've always wanted to be. Sounds like confession, right? :tongue:
  • Anaralar
    Anaralar Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Then graduate to Geocaching ;) Ingress was fun at the beginning, I haven't touched it for a while though.

That's fun, too. Ingress is easy to burnout on. I've been off and on, mostly off but I'm also waiting for the new Niantic game in October.