Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ll34rpIHzP1qb0bobo1_500.gif
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Sad_Grandpa Posts: 129
    Options
    I feel like you don't have a good grasp of what "haters" means in the current colloquialism.

It's not that serious.

Oh, I think I'm hip to the groovy jive.

Peace.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I feel like you don't have a good grasp of what "haters" means in the current colloquialism.

It's not that serious.

Peace.

I like you. :smile:
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options
    Most of the time, it seems to me me

Who is "me me"? Your pet Chihuahua or summat?

Please do not allow your dog to post on the internet.

Thank you.

The dog types much worse than me. And you'd know if he was on the computer. He's obsessed with bacon.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of people mentioning haters in threads.

"You are all a bunch of haters! or "Ignore the haters!"

But I'm not seeing much hate. Most of the time, it seems to me me, these declarers of hate are doing something clearly wrong or dangerous, or just being a complete jerk, and when someone points that out, defensiveness sets in and cries of hater erupt.

Here's the truth. People generally don't know or care enough about you to hate you. They are just reacting to your poor behavior.

Calling them haters is a sign of incredible immaturity and a lack of self awareness.

If you think you've got haters, you've most likely gone horribly wrong somewhere in life. Take a step back and rethink what you're doing.

But people care enough to hate an idea and write wall of text against it. :)

Really? That's weird because I can't find anywhere in his post where he states HE hates anything.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options

It's not that serious.

Peace.

Now I'm worried about your hips. A fracture is no joke in the elderly
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options

But I'm not seeing much hate. Most of the time, it seems to me me, these declarers of hate are doing something clearly wrong or dangerous, or just being a complete jerk, and when someone points that out, defensiveness sets in and cries of hater erupt.

Here's the truth. People generally don't know or care enough about you to hate you. They are just reacting to your poor behavior.

Calling them haters is a sign of incredible immaturity and a lack of self awareness.

If you think you've got haters, you've most likely gone horribly wrong somewhere in life. Take a step back and rethink what you're doing.

Really? That's weird because I can't find anywhere in his post where he states HE hates anything.

Well, that Doctor of Oz guy does get on my nerves...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well said. But was I the only one reading that in the voice of the character from UP :laugh:

I didn't at first but after reading this... EVERY. DAMN. POST!
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Op actually has a point here
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, it seems to me me

Who is "me me"? Your pet Chihuahua or summat?

Please do not allow your dog to post on the internet.

Thank you.

The dog types much worse than me. And you'd know if he was on the computer. He's obsessed with bacon.

I see.

I know when my cat has been using my MFP account. The posts are actually coherent.

I hate that cat...
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I was just saying generally...unless....OP meant something very specific which I missed?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I don't have haters, you say? Clearly I need to step up my MFP game. Thanks Grandpa! I'll refill the hard candy dish on my way out.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

Is he a pencil then?
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options

Is he a pencil then?
    More like an arrow, I'd say.

ETA: But an arrow with no intent to harm!
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options

It's not that serious.

Peace.

Brilliant.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Is he a pencil then?
    More like an arrow, I'd say.

ETA: But an arrow with no intent to harm!

Lol
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Although I agree with you for the most part, I don't think you understand the urban/colloquial meaning of hater:

hater
    A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesn't really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock some who else down a notch.

I do believe though if someone is doing something unhealthy they should be called on it. However, if that is not the case people come on MFP for support and motivation so if someone is a "hater" they can really cause damage to a person
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

It's not that serious.

Yup, and same goes for many of the replies
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I was just saying generally...unless....OP meant something very specific which I missed?

There was a VLCD thread earlier where one guy who was promoting it called everyone else "self righteous haters" because we all suggested sustainable lifestyle changes and a moderate deficit.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    There are many people who want to believe that they are the dieting exception and try very hard to get people here in the community to join them on their self pity party.