Sometimes I go to the gym so I can eat more!!!

Options

Replies

• suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    The only reason I workout is so my TDEE is higher.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    its the only reason i run

This. :P
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I run for foodz.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hell, yes.

I like my food, and by that I mean pizza, crisps, cream cakes - but I understand the need to keep the weight down :smile:

Exercise is how I do it. You can't spend all you're time eating lettuce in case you get fact (no offense intended to any lettuce eaters:devil: )
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes, all the time.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I do this and I feel no remorse. :drinker:
  • RacquetChick
    RacquetChick Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is definitely me. I try to build as much muscle as possible so that I can eat all the food... (are you finished with that?) :blushing:
  • OccamsDisposableRazor
    OccamsDisposableRazor Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hell, yes.

I like my food, and by that I mean pizza, crisps, cream cakes - but I understand the need to keep the weight down :smile:

Exercise is how I do it. You can't spend all you're time eating lettuce in case you get fact (no offense intended to any lettuce eaters:devil: )

^^ This. A thousand times, this. I see others' diaries where they skip dinner regularly in order to stay within their calorie goal. I have no idea how they survive. I love food, and food loves me. Besides, I love the endorphins and confidence booster that exercising brings!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I own a t-shirt that says, "I will ride for beer"...and it is a very accurate statement.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    As someone who exercises almost exclusively before work, I would have to say I eat because I've exercised, as opposed to exercising because I want to eat. But I also enjoy seeing some extra calories available in the evenings to apply to an adult beverage after dinner. :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. I love that invincible feeling of knowing I can afford to order anything off the menu because I have already done a huge workout.
  • KatieLynnCowley
    KatieLynnCowley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ....That's the only reason I go to the gym..... AHAHAHAHA just kidding.....not really..... :laugh:

On Saturdays I like to work out more so that I can eat more or go out for dinner. :drinker:
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I've been known to do this!!!!!
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Exactly the only reason I will do cardio, to eat my cheat meals.
  • Happy_Niss
    Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to do this and got an unhealthy relationship with my caloric intake...So I took a break and now I just do what is healthy!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time and can't see anything wrong with it, as long as you don't overestimate the exercise calories.
    Stef.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I use a Bodymedia Fit band because I'm a gadgetophile and I achieve more through gamification. I don't see exercise as a punishment at all, but I often do see foods as rewards, and I'm not sure that's healthy. I love seeing all the check marks on my goals on the Bodymedia app, and I love seeing +500 calories on MFP. Eating something extra because I earned it feels really good, but I'm still not sure it's healthy to see ice cream or pizza in such a light.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I walk laps on my breaks to earn coffee calories.

I ran 10 miles once so I had enough calories for a rack of Swiss Chalet ribs.

I've never earned an exercise calorie that I didn't relish eating back.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have done this too especially for a night out or Ben and jerry ice cream just don't make it a habit or go extra hard on those workouts so u don't feel guilt over it and you are actually earning these extra calories spend them how u like and keep your regular meals healthy :drinker:
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do it when I want to drink extra wine at night. Wrong I know, but it's so worth it. Since I'm breastfeeding I have to plan my extra wine anyway.

Edit cause I can't spell tonight. Guess it's the wine