What will you be eating for lunch?

Options

Replies

• Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I usually alternate between leftovers from dinner (when it's lighter and healthy) and salads.

Today is leftovers of chile lime chicken and spanish rice with veggies. Tomorrow will be a mixed greens salad with either grilled chicken and honey mustard or berries and vinaigrette. I like to keep various ingredients and dressings around so my salads don't get too boring.

Also, once a week, I eat at the local fried chicken place on campus with my co workers.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Today was leftovers from last night

BBQ burger on a bun with cheese and ketchup, avocado and mayo.

I have the rest of the week logged so tomorrow is left over pork chops from tonight, Thursday is chicken strips with carrots and dip ...Friday not sure yet as my husband isn't working but I suspect left over BBQ chicken with cheese, avocado and mayo in a wrap of some sort...
  • aricela06
    aricela06 Posts: 2
    Options
    french vanilla meal replacement shake with a sprinkle of cinnamon. mmm
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I usually have a bean/vegetable salad from the salad bar at the company cafeteria. Sometimes they have leftover rice and I have rice, beans and vegetables.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    english muffin & tuna fish!
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Every time I cook dinner, I make enough to have for the next day for lunch. Some people don't like eating leftovers, or the same meal two days in a row, but it really makes life easier for me (especially since most of the foods I eat are whole, 1-ingredient foods, prepared by myself, and I eat very little pre-packaged or processed stuff- except for my daily chocolate!).

Today I had a pork chop with spaghetti squash.
    Sometimes I'll buy a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket, pick the chicken off and use that in a salad, and I'll have that once or twice a week.

As for fiber, because my diet is mostly protein, vegetables, and chocolate (ha!), I don't always get enough fiber from the foods that I eat. So I take supplements.

Some foods that are high in fiber, but also healthy, that I can think of off the top of my head are: almonds (in small quantities, since the cals add up fast!), apples, certain beans (navy and pinto), quinoa (how about making a quinoa salad?), broccoli, spinach, to name some. You really gotta get creative. Look up some "high fiber foods" and try to figure out how you can combine some of them into a dish. Like making a salad with raw spinach, almonds, some craisins, raw broccoli, and some protein?
  • lhughes404
    lhughes404 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I usually have smoothie for lunch. I add 2 yogurts, milk and strawberries. It usually fills me up and I love it. If I need something extra I will have some fruit or graham crackers.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    eating lunch now and it is a mixed greens salad. mixed greens, dried cranberries, an oz of deli meat turkey, a string cheese broken up, half oz of pecan bits, cherry tomatoes, red wine vinegar and olive oil. dessert will be the rest of my banana from my morning snack.
  • SarahWSU36
    SarahWSU36 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Light Progresso Soup and saltines

Most of the time it is leftovers and salad from dinner though.

On days when I am eating most of my calories at lunch I like to have a sandwich from Jimmy Johns. 746 calories of SO worth it.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am having a mixed salad with kale and Caesar dressing . 2 oz of crab flavoured pollack.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm having a salad with chicken mixed in
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I try to bring my lunch, and usually it is left overs from a healthy dinner. I wasn't able to bring left overs today, so instead I went to the grocery, and got the stuff to make a turkey and avocado sandwich on a dinner roll (less bread for me, and dinner rolls for tonight for my family :smile: ). I also have my caffeinated, non-water beverage for the day at lunch, and today it was Sweet Leaf - Sweet Tea.

The avocado was perfectly ripe, so today's lunch was AMAZING! :happy:
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    Tuna Sandwhich
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My students have a half day for finals, and we have permission to take an hour lunch off campus- taking advantage today since I brought in leftovers Monday.
    Going to Cafe Zupas for a soup-sandwich combo, only eating half the sandwich- sounds delicious but cals are astronomical. Maybe I should pick a different one, but it sounds so good (crab avocado melt).
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i had a grilled chicken salad wrap

coq au vin for dinner tonight with lots of veggies
  • courtney123180
    courtney123180 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i actually had breakfast for lunch, and lunch for breakfast lol. so i ended up having one serving of fiber one pancake mix(i pureed a banana with a little water and mixed it into the pancake mix)--put those in a waffle maker. had 3 sausage links and one serving of sugar free syrup = 493 calories and YUM!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Today, like most days, I'm having leftovers.

Roast chicken w/ mushroom gravy and a mix of collard greens and kale sauteed in olive oil and garlic.

"Cheat days" is a little more difficult for me. Though I don't use that term, on weekends I typically eat the same type of foods that I eat during the week, but I eat (and drink) more, so I suppose these fit the criteria for cheat days. But often I only have one big meal, or a small breakfast and a big meal sometime later.
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I had chipotle for lunch. Burrito bowl: chicken, brown rice, black beans, veggies, green salsa, cheese and lettuce. I brought it back and topped it off with 75 grams of avocado (765 calories). I plan on having a banana and watermelon as snacks. For dinner i'll be having Tilapia, brown rice, Birdseye steamed veggies and a sweet potato. I need some calcium in my diet so for a late evening snack i'll be having 1/2 serving of Total cereal with Almond milk. BAM!

on my cheat days I eat whatever I want, NO HOLDS BARRED!!!
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda boring. I had a salad with 3oz chicken breast, shredded cheddar cheese, low fat Kraft Three Cheese Ranch and Marzetti Garlic Cheese croutons. I like cheese! It's my typical lunch. I only like cooking big dinners!
  • Lindzpnc
    Lindzpnc Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    french vanilla meal replacement shake with a sprinkle of cinnamon. mmm

this actually sounds good.... never thought of putting cinnamon in it