What should I wear to look fit?

Options
124»

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    As funny as you trolls can be (if you're good at it), you really screw it up for the honest folk requesting help. Do you sleep better at night? thanks for the entertainment.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! If it makes you feel better put on some light makeup and light perfume, even do your hair! Wear something comfortable. Got a nice pair of sneakers? They always make me feel a little cuter when working out. Don't focus on the PT thinking your overweight, focus on getting the best out of your $ and toning those problem areas.

good heavens, please no perfume at the gym. that is the worst! so cloying, so hard to be around when you are working out hard.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Something like this would be appropriate:

$_35.JPG

LOL:laugh: :laugh:
  • pagefan
    pagefan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    oh my... not to be disrespectful but I just cannot believe you are wasting your energy on caring what you look like to your TRAINER.. maybe you should hire a female trainer instead so you aren't all worried and twisted up inside as to what you LOOK Like for a consultation with some random male trainer. Maybe this is all a cry for LOOK at me.. instead of LOOK inside at me? IDK, I apologize in advance, but - I care what i look like, for ME. that's why i train. That's why i dress the way I WANT to, and or the way I am comfortable. Maybe because i am older, I just don't get it. You shouldn't be so concerned about the way you LOOK. BE YOU, be comfortable. No one is looking at your "outfit".
  • Transatlantic20145
    Options
    oh my... not to be disrespectful but I just cannot believe you are wasting your energy on caring what you look like to your TRAINER.. maybe you should hire a female trainer instead so you aren't all worried and twisted up inside as to what you LOOK Like for a consultation with some random male trainer. Maybe this is all a cry for LOOK at me.. instead of LOOK inside at me? IDK, I apologize in advance, but - I care what i look like, for ME. that's why i train. That's why i dress the way I WANT to, and or the way I am comfortable. Maybe because i am older, I just don't get it. You shouldn't be so concerned about the way you LOOK. BE YOU, be comfortable. No one is looking at your "outfit".

Yeah, I'm starting to see that I'm way more self conscious than is normal, I thought a lot of people probably felt this way...honestly male or female, I would feel this way...in the past female gym staff have asked if I was there to lose weight and I'd be like, "Not at all, just want to be healthy" sooo embarrassing to have people think that I'm a few extra pounds :(
  • ekmcdan
    ekmcdan Posts: 38
    Options
    insecurity is what it is, and regardless of it you are trying to improve. I don't understand why so many people cry troll when they hear something they don't agree with.... immature.

You're going to be alright. Learn to love your body now and tomorrow - that is what health is about. Stay motivated and you'll receive the results you desire. If it helps at all, perhaps a female trainer would be less intimidating. Best bet is to treat it like any other professional setting, like the doctor.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I would think you would want the PT to see what you need to work on!

I honestly don't feel comfortable with the PT or anyone else I am close to, thinking I am overweight - this is just one of my hangups - but if we can work on overall fitness, I'm sure I will slim down...

Unless you're psychic, how will you know what your PT is thinking?!
  • Transatlantic20145
    Options
    insecurity is what it is, and regardless of it you are trying to improve. I don't understand why so many people cry troll when they hear something they don't agree with.... immature.

You're going to be alright. Learn to love your body now and tomorrow - that is what health is about. Stay motivated and you'll receive the results you desire. If it helps at all, perhaps a female trainer would be less intimidating. Best bet is to treat it like any other professional setting, like the doctor.

Wow, good idea, hadn't thought of it that way before. It's true - they are a fitness professional, it's not about judgment...
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Especially if you're working with a trainer, do not wear perfume to the gym! As your body warms up, it will start to smell more and more intense, and there's nothing worse than taking a deep breath of someone else's perfume. Even if you don't care about the other people working out near you, you should care about not choking your PT. Just imagine how embarassed you'll be if he has to as you not to wear perfume for future sessions.
  • Transatlantic20145
    Options
    Especially if you're working with a trainer, do not wear perfume to the gym! As your body warms up, it will start to smell more and more intense, and there's nothing worse than taking a deep breath of someone else's perfume. Even if you don't care about the other people working out near you, you should care about not choking your PT. Just imagine how embarassed you'll be if he has to as you not to wear perfume for future sessions.

We're just meeting for coffee for an initial consultation, so we won't be working out. I'll see what he has to say and hear more about his past experience and what he would plan for my workout, before deciding if I want to commit to this guy or not.
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I lived in South Korea (Seoul) and strangers commented on my weight ALL THE TIME! Multiple times a day! People would pat my stomach as I stood on the subway, and give reprimanding looks. Or slap my hand away in stores while shopping for clothes, saying "too big!" and pointing at my body. My students (I was there teaching) called me Pizza Teacher even, haha.

So for all the incredulous posters, please don't underestimate the body shaming in South Korean culture.

EDIT: for reference, I'm 5'2" and at my heaviest weighed 135lbs
  • Transatlantic20145
    Options
    I lived in South Korea (Seoul) and strangers commented on my weight ALL THE TIME! Multiple times a day! People would pat my stomach as I stood on the subway, and give reprimanding looks. Or slap my hand away in stores while shopping for clothes, saying "too big!" and pointing at my body. My students (I was there teaching) called me Pizza Teacher even, haha.

So for all the incredulous posters, please don't underestimate the body shaming in South Korean culture.

EDIT: for reference, I'm 5'2" and at my heaviest weighed 135lbs

Awwww I feel your pain. And you weren't heavy at all if you ask me! Quite fit in my opinion!
  • jimbmc
    jimbmc Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever is practical for the Fitness session. If your doing lower body, then wear shorts to get full range of movement. Upper body, a loose t-shirt or something. If your going running, wear something that is light and wont restrict you.

The PT instructor doesn't care about your clothes, he's more interested in your health and fitness. If he thinks it is appropriate, then he will ask you to wear something in particular, so that he can gauge your progression.

At the end of the day, doesn't matter what you wear, when your dripping with sweat and breathing out your *kitten*, nobody looks good in anything!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Go to your closet and get that polka dot sleeveless D&G shirt that cost you 7 bills. It's easy to find because your beagle has been rolling around on it. Wear that. It's boxy so it will hide your middle. Don't worry about the wine stain from that tasting you went to.

Take a selfie and send it to your non-boyfriend boyfriend friend, presuming he isn't in jail. He probably won't respond because he's blocked you.

And yes, definitely choke the entire gym in perfume. Smear on all sorts of cosmetickery, and strut your stuff. Pay your trainer double from the allowance your dad sends you for necessities like more perfume and make-up. He will probably continue working with you if you pay him double.

Don't wear white yoga pants. They're tacky.

On second thought, stick to the DVDs you've been reporting to us.

I don't even know or care if the OP is the same one who's responsible for all that tomfoolery..but that was AWESOME.

My spidey sense is tingling though...

Oh its her all right...here is a link to her blog http://www.hatloverblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/valentines-day.html and if you look at the latest blog on the post it says "I'm fat....so I try to distract people from that by wearing makeup and pretty clothes." OP trying to distract trainer by perfume and clothing, and no doubt make up.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Go to your closet and get that polka dot sleeveless D&G shirt that cost you 7 bills. It's easy to find because your beagle has been rolling around on it. Wear that. It's boxy so it will hide your middle. Don't worry about the wine stain from that tasting you went to.

Take a selfie and send it to your non-boyfriend boyfriend friend, presuming he isn't in jail. He probably won't respond because he's blocked you.

And yes, definitely choke the entire gym in perfume. Smear on all sorts of cosmetickery, and strut your stuff. Pay your trainer double from the allowance your dad sends you for necessities like more perfume and make-up. He will probably continue working with you if you pay him double.

Don't wear white yoga pants. They're tacky.

On second thought, stick to the DVDs you've been reporting to us.

I don't even know or care if the OP is the same one who's responsible for all that tomfoolery..but that was AWESOME.

My spidey sense is tingling though...

Oh its her all right...here is a link to her blog http://www.hatloverblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/valentines-day.html and if you look at the latest blog on the post it says "I'm fat....so I try to distract people from that by wearing makeup and pretty clothes." OP trying to distract trainer by perfume and clothing, and no doubt make up.

What they said.
  • Transatlantic20145
    Options
    I'm confused. So because some other person wrote somewhere that they also feel insecure and try to wear makeup, I'm that person? A lot of people wear makeup to cover insecurities.....With that said, I woke up feeling depressed this morning because of body image. So yeah, I do have a problem with that :(
  • Happy_Niss
    Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's something you need to come to terms with.