Protein World / Slim Fast / diet pills

Options
2»

Replies

• TexasGal1
    TexasGal1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Stop looking for quick fixes, save your money, eat less and move more.

^^^This!^^^
  • MrsIngram2012
    Options
    I like the shakes and use them as part of my diet. It is working for me. It's making me think about my healthy meal choices for my other meals as well as healthy snacks. I believe different diets work for different people. You have to find something that works for you.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Meth. Meth will drop the pounds right off of you. And teeth. And hair. Sanity, too.

Post of the day, laughed waaaaay too hard. Bravo. :)
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    My opinions based on experience -

Diet pills and drinks are not a magic cure for weight loss, they are simply meant to "Assist" in ones efforts. True of the comments that read a calorie deficit and exercise will help a person to lose weight.

However, in my personal experience of trial and error with many supplements, I have found the following to assist (me), with no side effects to speak of...

Slimquick mixed berries drink mix packet. Tastes good, also loaded with vitamins. I either drink in water or sometimes even mix a little into my plain Greek yogurt.

Alli - This does exactly what it says... it prevents the body from absorbing much of the fat that one consumes. A person has to use this supplement with a low fat diet or there will be some problems (gassy). Unfortunately, this product has been taken off of the market due to tampering. It is targeted to be back in the stores this summer.

Tonalin - CLA. This is not meant to help a person lose weight nor is it meant to reduce fat. It is more of a body re-organizer. It sort of helps the body keep the fat where it's needed for maximum health benefits and reduces fatty areas where fat isn't needed for storage.

Other supplemental diet pills like Dexatrim Max and Fastin do indeed assist in supressing ones appetite. Other items like the green coffee bean, raspberry, etc... not so much. I would also be very cautious of on-line supplements that come from other countries.

I hope this has helped.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Do you think that if there was ANY product, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, that money could buy that would magically make you lose weight that Oprah Winfrey would still be fat?

No, they don't work.
    Pretty much this. You gained weight the old fashioned way. Try losing it the old fashioned way.