Water!

Options

Replies

• Happy_Niss
    Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Work up a sweat! It tastes great then :)

QFT
    I drink a buttload (not literally) coming back from a run.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    In order to get in my water intake, I use a 44oz (5.5cups) reusable water bottle and try to drink one and a half of it each day....mostly because I'm lazy and don't like getting up to refill the darned thing every few hours!

So my tip would be to find the biggest cup you can and use that. c:
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I will add the umpteenth vote for infused. You don't even need a fancy bottle, I just throw a couple slices of orange in the bottle at the beginning of the day and refill with water as needed. Throw out the orange at the end of the day. I never enjoyed lemon and my dentist didn't recommend it. But I've done orange or a couple strawberries and blueberries. There's a few (very few) calories in it from the juice, but that's a small price.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I usually make tea all the time, but I definitely vouch for infusing water with lemon, I just drop several lemon and limes in my water bottle and I'm good to go!
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Have you tried sparkling water with lime or lemon? Its SO good!
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    Dont listin to anyone here that is telling you to put artificial flavors in your water, or to try and get you water from other sources like fruits or smoothies which is absolutely ridiculous, for one fruits dont have enough water in them and will not help you at all for a water source unless your stranded on a deserted island! You need gallons of water a day now how much of that do you think you will get from a fruit? Not enough to count for anything, and trying to get a good source of water from a smoothie is just as ridiculous as it sounds, where do you plan on getting it from the ice? Being most smoothies base are some type of milk or yogurt, if you drink them every day you will definitely gain weight! That being said if you want a good source of water the best place to get it from is guess what "WATER" you just need to get used to it and try your hardest not to drink the rest of the things that are bad for you like soda and juices. Plus dont forget the benefits to drinking water instead of, soda juice, or "smoothies" lol which are packed with sugars and calories remember water has absolutely no calories or sugars ( thats why you should never add anything to your water) so think about that next time your drinking something other then water that alone should help it taste better, if that doesn't do it all I can offer is, ice cold water, Ice cold water can be alote more refreshing then water at room temperature plus try exerciseing, any type of exercise will make your body crave water and want to down water with no problem hope this helps and good luck on you healthy life choice the first step is trying

you must be new here
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'll second the Takeya pitchers from Costco for infusing water with fruit. I have a two pack of them and one I use for infusing and the other for making unsweetened sun tea. They are worth every penny plus they are portable and leak-proof thanks to the lid design.

Like another poster, I alternate between ice water and then tea or infused water so I'm drinking something different every few hours. I also have a really nice acrylic Contigo shake and go cup. Mine's a pretty light green color and it makes beverages look really attractive.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Right now in my fridge I have one pitcher with green tea, one pitcher with water infused with 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 an orange and one pitcher with Country Peach Passion cuz it is so darn good. I don't have caffeine in any of them, sweeteners or anything crazy. I just like the option of switching it up. Keeping them cold as all get out helps and I fill up my 32oz sports bottle on average 3 times a day. It is not something I would have seen myself doing a year ago. I just got into the habit. Sometimes if I'm feeling a lil' crazy, I'll throw a Nuun tablet into a bottle of water. Adds a little fizz which I like, but I'm not so crazy about the sorbitol. At restaurants, I like to order whatever sparkling water they have if I'm all tea'd out. There are a lot of options to plain water. Funny thing is though that once you get used to it, you might just find you enjoy it straight once in a while. :wink:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    You don't have to.

If you use the mfp search feature and search "water" you will get tons of information on the topic.
  • madisunbaker
    Options
    Have you tried sparkling water with lime or lemon? Its SO good!

I have not... but I will now!:wink:
  • KillaKaliKrackerKilla
    Options
    New to the site not new to exercise and healthy choices, lmfao and it doesn't take a scientist to see im new when you can clearly see I only have 7 posts, smh go read a book or something.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I started a ritual of drinking two glasses of water as soon as I wake up. I also drink diluted Wyler's lemonade on a regular bases (I don't care if others object to this) I go to an exercise class daily and dring a bottle of water per work out ( 2 glasses). I've been getting up to my 8 glasses regularly. I used to sit with a bottle of water by my computer and totally ignore it so that didn't work.
  • madisunbaker
    Options
    Dont listin to anyone here that is telling you to put artificial flavors in your water, or to try and get you water from other sources like fruits or smoothies which is absolutely ridiculous, for one fruits dont have enough water in them and will not help you at all for a water source unless your stranded on a deserted island! You need gallons of water a day now how much of that do you think you will get from a fruit? Not enough to count for anything, and trying to get a good source of water from a smoothie is just as ridiculous as it sounds, where do you plan on getting it from the ice? Being most smoothies base are some type of milk or yogurt, if you drink them every day you will definitely gain weight! That being said if you want a good source of water the best place to get it from is guess what "WATER" you just need to get used to it and try your hardest not to drink the rest of the things that are bad for you like soda and juices. Plus dont forget the benefits to drinking water instead of, soda juice, or "smoothies" lol which are packed with sugars and calories remember water has absolutely no calories or sugars ( thats why you should never add anything to your water) so think about that next time your drinking something other then water that alone should help it taste better, if that doesn't do it all I can offer is, ice cold water, Ice cold water can be alote more refreshing then water at room temperature plus try exerciseing, any type of exercise will make your body crave water and want to down water with no problem hope this helps and good luck on you healthy life choice the first step is trying

What? Don't food police someone who has already expressed a general boredom with water. Also, alkalizing water has health benefits over tap water, it is especially crucial for immune system and eliminating free radicals. You don't need to drink "gallons of water a day." If anything, drink too much water can actually hurt you, and one unlucky contestant in a 2007 radio contest died from drinking too much water. Gallons of it. Infusing water with NATURAL INGREDIENTS is a flavorful and beneficial way to enjoy your intake. Infusing water into tea counts, too, and eating water-rich foods does keep people hydrated. Smoothies don't make you fat, calorie surplus does, and you CAN have them everyday if you want AND still lose weight, and guess what? Some people (MFPers even!) do just that! I have no idea where your purist misinformation and judgement stems from, but it's not necessary to full-agro someone looking for advice.

sooo.... water isn't bad when infused with natural ingredients... got it.:wink:
  • green83eyes
    green83eyes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sweet Drops.
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I second trying sparkling water such as La Croix or Perrier. My favourite is the La Croix lime and grapefruit. They have no sugar, no sodium, no calories, but still feel like a treat.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I keep six 16 oz glass bottles full of filtered water in the fridge, then I keep one with me at all times when I'm on the treadmill.
    (Water from glass just seems colder than plastic.)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Dont listin to anyone here that is telling you to put artificial flavors in your water, or to try and get you water from other sources like fruits or smoothies which is absolutely ridiculous, for one fruits dont have enough water in them and will not help you at all for a water source unless your stranded on a deserted island! You need gallons of water a day now how much of that do you think you will get from a fruit?

Absolute nonsense...
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Work up a sweat! It tastes great then :)

HAHAHAHA!

Word!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options

What? Don't food police someone who has already expressed a general boredom with water. Also, alkalizing water has health benefits over tap water, it is especially crucial for immune system and eliminating free radicals. You don't need to drink "gallons of water a day." If anything, drink too much water can actually hurt you, and one unlucky contestant in a 2007 radio contest died from drinking too much water. Gallons of it. Infusing water with NATURAL INGREDIENTS is a flavorful and beneficial way to enjoy your intake. Infusing water into tea counts, too, and eating water-rich foods does keep people hydrated. Smoothies don't make you fat, calorie surplus does, and you CAN have them everyday if you want AND still lose weight, and guess what? Some people (MFPers even!) do just that! I have no idea where your purist misinformation and judgement stems from, but it's not necessary to full-agro someone looking for advice.

sooo.... water isn't bad when infused with natural ingredients... got it.:wink:

Umm, water is never "bad...." unless it has hexavalent chromium in it and you live in Henderson County, NV in the late 80's.