Ladies only-who does this? I envy you!

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Um... yes shower and yes take those sweaty clothes off after working out... anything else is nasty. :sick:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I've done and what I'm doing after. If I work out and I still have to clean my house, I will stay in my clothes. If I don't have anywhere to be, I'll shower and hit the couch.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have three clothes changes per day when or working
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the situation. If its a light workout and I don't sweat like a fiend, then they may stay on until I need to change for whatever reason, or if I get home and then need to make dinner, do stuff around the house, they stay on until I'm done with that. If on the other hand, I run and end up drenched in sweat, off they go and into the shower I go ASAP!
  • ejonesrn3573
    Options
    It depends on what I'm doing after, if I will be cleaning house or something that I know will make me gross again then I leave them on, otherwise I take the wet with sweat things off!!
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I sweat so much that I literally peel the clothes off right when I'm done. Then I wash my face stat because sweat causes me to break out really bad. Not sure why! Then I will bum around for a few mins naked then shower. I work out at home! LOL
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I have been know to stay in mine on a Saturday or Sunday if I am cleaning around the house. Week nights, I come home, walk the dog and strip in front of the washer and throw it directly in. I don't want that sweaty close even in my laundry basket in my closet with the clean clothes.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    It depends on how gross I get and what I need to do afterwards. If, for example, I'm doing strength training first thing in the morning, I do that in comfy, cool clothes (since I work out at home or outdoors, no gym for me) and then clean up and change into work clothes. If I am going for a run on my lunch hour at work, I change into at least a different shirt to go for the run and then strip that and my sports bra off right afterwards and change back into my nice shirt, because it's embarrassing to be all sweaty in the office! If I'm exercising at home after work and am just going to go right out into the garden afterwards, I don't bother to change because I'll just get even dirtier. However, on a day like that, I jump in the shower right when I come in the house because with exercise clothes, garden grub, and probably sunscreen all over me, I feel ICKY!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    OH no.... once I'm done working out, they have to come off! Shower and fresh clothes is the name of the game.... it helps me feel refreshed and keeps the blood pumping for a bit longer!
  • victoriawya
    victoriawya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    oh my definitely need a shower after wrk out an dfresh clothes on
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I've done and what I'm doing after. If I work out and I still have to clean my house, I will stay in my clothes. If I don't have anywhere to be, I'll shower and hit the couch.

I do the same--however, summers in Houston are outrageously hot, so if I am going to be outside with the kiddos, I will leave them on until bedtime then rinse and get to bed. If I workout on the weekend its usually in the AM so I will shower and change into clean workout clothes or jeans.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It depends on how sweaty I got. If I've done yoga or walking or something outside when it's cold and I didn't get very sweaty, I may not change. If I've done something that made me really sweat, or dirty (most of my workouts this time of the year are yard/garden work), then I shower and change, but usually into the same type of clothes. Unless we're entertaining, I pretty much wear workout clothes all the time when I'm home.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    While i'm not a woman.... but sometimes i swear and smell so bad when working out that I have to take a shower and change my clothing in the middle of my workout.... so i can stand being around my own self....^^
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't workout in a gym, but it depends on the weather for me. I exercise outdoors most of the time and if it's warm to hot weather and/or super humid, I come straight home and change clothes afterward. In Fall and Winter it's much more likely for me to do a long (like many miles) walk, hike or bike on a trail, and wear the exercise clothes for the rest of the day. I am not a big fan of the sporty look for going to dinner or whatever, it's just not 'me'...but I'll wear those clothes to grab some groceries or errands like that.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I have to shower and change. Granted I start my exercise at 5:30 am and climb right into my workout clothes then sweat for the next hour or two. As comfortable as they are I stink and need to start my day fresh and clean.
  • Semarshman
    Semarshman Posts: 19
    Options
    If i do a moderate workout where I don't sweat too much, then I may stay in my clothes for hours afterwards. As long as I am not leaving the house of course. If I run, or do cardio and I sweat, then it is like I can not shower fast enough.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I stay in the workout clothes until I regain feeling in my feet and legs (my current Hip Hop Ab program is a beast!) then I need to get out of them.. as for showering, I do it after workouts as needed or right before bed if it's not bad
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I usually get too gross to lounge around in my workout clothes after I exercise. I don't even like to sit on the couch to drink my water and log my workouts when I'm done because I don't want to get my funk everywhere... I sit on the floor, log it, and hit the shower.
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I always feel the need to get out of my sweaty workout gear ASAP if its an evening workout il go home an put my PJs on (after a shower) because im one of those people who would live in PJs if I could!!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My gym is 45 minutes from home. I sit in them that long. Then by the time that I get home (typically after 7), I'm so damn hungry that the first thing I do when I get home is eat. Once I'm sitting down I generally don't want to move until I have to, so I'll sit a bit before I get up to shower.