Anyone else have meltdowns/throw fits?

Options

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My diary is now open.....hangry..maybe??? I started earlier that day too so hormones...maybe????

Your calorie goal is 1200 and you often don't eat back your exercise cals, or only a few of them. My vote is hangry + PMS. Unless you're SUPER short and don't have much to lose, you could probably be eating more. Do you have MFP set to losing 2 lbs/week and sedentary? If yes, you might consider lowering that to 1 lb (you don't look like you have much to lose; if that's the case, 2 lbs might not be realistic) and changing your activity level to reflect what you're actually doing.

If you can eat a little more and still lose weight, you might find that you're a little less sensitive about food.

I have it set for lightly active and it has weekly weight loss set at 1.1 lbs per week. I am 5'1 and I weigh 131.8 now and I am trying to get to 115. I started dieting and exercising (more) March 22nd and I was 147lbs then.

I would either eat back more of your exercise cals, or consider using a different method like TDEE-20%. When I typed your info into a TDEE calc, the calorie goal it gave me for desk job w/little to no exercise was 1313, and 1504 for 1-3 hours a week of light exercise. No wonder you're sensitive about food. You're probably hungry! http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Not in front of witnesses.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Not in front of witnesses.
    well then it never happened....\m/
  • taranbatt
    taranbatt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My diary is now open.....hangry..maybe??? I started earlier that day too so hormones...maybe????

Your calorie goal is 1200 and you often don't eat back your exercise cals, or only a few of them. My vote is hangry + PMS. Unless you're SUPER short and don't have much to lose, you could probably be eating more. Do you have MFP set to losing 2 lbs/week and sedentary? If yes, you might consider lowering that to 1 lb (you don't look like you have much to lose; if that's the case, 2 lbs might not be realistic) and changing your activity level to reflect what you're actually doing.

If you can eat a little more and still lose weight, you might find that you're a little less sensitive about food.

I have it set for lightly active and it has weekly weight loss set at 1.1 lbs per week. I am 5'1 and I weigh 131.8 now and I am trying to get to 115. I started dieting and exercising (more) March 22nd and I was 147lbs then.

I would either eat back more of your exercise cals, or consider using a different method like TDEE-20%. When I typed your info into a TDEE calc, the calorie goal it gave me for desk job w/little to no exercise was 1313, and 1504 for 1-3 hours a week of light exercise. No wonder you're sensitive about food. You're probably hungry! http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    Thank you! Does MFP do the TDEE calculations?
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I haven't thrown a fit necessarily, but if my boyfriend tries to eat something off of my plate that I've already weighed and counted on MFP I go into baby wine mode like "BUT I already counted thaaaaaaaat... NOW how do I know how many calories you just ate?!" And I put on a sad face and then he rolls his eyes and tells me I need to relax, because I do. Him taking a piece of potato off of my plate isn't going to throw me off :P
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Thank you! Does MFP do the TDEE calculations?

No, but you can go in and change it under goals-->custom goals, and the TDEE calc at the link above can give you the numbers to type in there. Also, here's a great link with more details on HOW to get that stuff into MFP, and WHY. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

ETA: If you try the TDEE method, keep in mind, your exercise cals are apart of TDEE, so when using that method, you do not eat back your exercise cals (b/c you already are with the goal it gives you), like you do with MFP. I just track my exercise as 1 cal burned so I still keep track but don't mess with goal.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if somebody wants some of the stuff I made and weighed out, I let them. If I give somebody half of my sandwich I weighed out, I will just half the amount I enter on mfp. I know it won't be exact, but it won't be so far off that it will hurt or break my goals either.

Same thing, if you are preparing something like you were, just count out 15 more pepperoni's.

Does your scale have a tare feature? Weighing food really does not take that long. It takes me maybe a minute longer to prepare simple things. For homemade stuff I actually find it simpler. Because instead of dirtying a thousand measuring cups to clean later I can just spoon out the amount of grams I know I need.

Don't get me wrong, once or twice a month I will have those days where there is a special occasions and we are going out to eat or I'm going to a party or barbeque. I don't count those days, eat what I want, I don't eat till I explode (learning to recognize when you full before you "feel" full is important).
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    With my first pregnancy I cried over spilling a glass of milk.. My husband kindly pointed out that I was actually "crying over spilled milk".

For counting, I figure I am already a pain about it, plus I have 2 daughters...mom having a hissy fit may make them view it as acceptable. Now I did have a near mental breakdown, that my friends on here can attest to last month because my in-laws were coming to town and stayed with us (and their dogs) for 2 1/2 weeks :angry: .....no hissy fit but damn near a basket case.
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was going to say no... but actually yes, but not food related.

If I'm doing my zumba in the living room, the cat seems to find it necessary to run full speed through where I am dancing, causing mommy to trip all over the place, loose her place in the song, almost fall on the floor. So yeah after having a melt down when this happened several times I've banished the cat to hubby's office for that hour. For my own sanity.

If you're having food related meltdowns though make sure you're eating enough and not hangry.

Haha my cat does this too. I will set out my mat for exercise and he thinks he can just go and lay on it. When I'm lifting he thinks he can just rub on my leg. Move you furball! I love him though.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Never. But in for funny breakdowns.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I think everyone throws a hissy fit once in a while, lol. Stress can make us freak over tiny things... and yes, I do have tantrums about stupid things sometimes, I am embarrassed to say :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Lori19509
    Lori19509 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel thatcway especially when my weig goes up. Luncheons, lately celebrations. Once I have the food it takes time before I get in control. Very mody do I get, certainly. Today im logging in my food hoping to get my full lap routine in at least 1 round hopefully 2. I have a huge pool at my condo. Just get back on track as soon as possible, the same day do dome exervise to feel good . The battle of the bulge is hard.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I yelled at my brother in law and then didn't talk to him for a day because he put my food scale on top of the toaster oven and then later used it, which melted my scale.

Looking back- on one hand I realize how silly and stupid it was but on the other hand I want him to buy me a scale and mail it to me to where I've now moved.

Still feeling silly.

ETA: Oh, and I've also come to terms with the fact that I get hangry, so make sure that I eat regularly to avoid it. Though I wouldn't call those hissy fits, I just get a lil snappy.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This is one of many reasons why I don't weigh every little thing I put in my mouth.

How can you be sure that you aren't going over your calorie goal?

Because a) having a specific, fixed calorie goal is silly, as everything is purely an estimate. I work with a range. As long as I'm losing weight, I'm good. If I stop losing weight, I make adjustments.

I also plan my meals ahead of time and cook 90% of my food myself (I have a lot of food allergies, so this is the only way for me to eat properly anyway). I log all the ingredients in the recipes and make sure they all fit into my macros.

It's more work up-front (less than 4 hours to make a full meal plan), but then I don't spend an hour+ every day just weighing and logging all the foods I eat.

Unless you eat everything pre-ackaged, which the calories marked on those are horribly inaccurate to begin with (for example, a can of cola and pepsi both have 42g of sugar in them, but one reads it has 140 calories, the otehr read 150 calories. 42g of sugar = 168. they're both wrong. do this with everything you eat and you're going to be way off regardless of how accurate your logging is), weighing and logging everything you put into a recipe, then weighing and logging the portions you actually eat after... for the rest of your life...????

I'd rather just shoot myself now...
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had a really old analog scale that never seemed to give me an acurate count so one day I threw it in the garbage. Now everytime I weigh myself my boyfriend reminds me not to get mad and throw out the new digital scale because it cost too much :).......
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    But yes... I DO get frustrated and annoyed and pissed off over very little things. (Inside I am fuming most the time)

This sounds like me. Or how I use to be (I'm actually a bit better now). I am being treated for PTSD. If you're fuming all the time that is not proper nor healthy by any standards. Even without PTSD, major stresses can create this mental havoc.
  • Fuamami
    Fuamami Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Your husband will eventually have to learn to weigh, measure, and count or he will gain weight. Speedy metabolisms don't last forever.

I don't this this is necessarily true. Plenty of people maintain their weight, more or less, their whole life. Many people can naturally balance their energy output and input without measuring, weighing or counting calories. Those people are, of course, vastly underrepresented on MFP.:)
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    No, I'm an adult.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    just did, I want my newsfeed back up!!!! ******* , *****, *****, and ********!!!!!!!!!!! \m/