Anyone else have meltdowns/throw fits?

Options
Lastnight I did! I was just so frustrated with always weighing and measuring and tracking.....and lastnight we made pizza pitas and I had my 15 turkey pepperoni on the counter and noticed my husband was taking those for his and not from the package! I threw a fit :( very pathetic I know but I just wanted to cry! I had a "poor pitty me moment" here's this guy who just eats whatever and I have to count and measure and he's taking mine that I already counted out....LOL I'm laughing now as I type this but at the moment it was a sad and pathetic situation. Anyone else have meltdowns like this?

Replies

• ChloC97
    ChloC97 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a monumental break down last night because my scales broke! I actually had a hissy fit like a 3 year old child because I couldn't weigh my tea out accurately. I completely understand your pain, us hungry folk get angry!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Oh, i get frustrated when husband or the kids want a bite or whatever of my snack. I'm like, "You KNOW I have to weigh this crap out, go get your own!" :laugh:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My husband knows better...seriously he does...

But no I don't actually do that...I suspect there is more too it for you as well...tired? hormonal? stress at work?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    It does become frustrating at times, but I try to keep in mind that I'm working towards a goal and need to do what's necessary to achieve this goal.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    No.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What concerns me about this post is why you couldn't just count out 15 more pepperoni?

I mean, I'm assuming that you actually trusted the nutrition panel rather than weighing the appropriate serving size.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    No. Can't say that I have. Maybe there were some other emotional things going on?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    OMG yes...my 3 yo...
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    My husband tried to take some food I had already measured out and I told him if he touched my food I would kick him square in the nuts. He laughed, then saw the look in my eyes and realized that his nuts were in danger. He doesn't touch my food.

I take brakes from logging here and there because I know one day won't ruin anything. This gives me a chance to feel a little more normal and not worry about every gram. Sometimes you just need to step back and decide if it is actually beneficial to track that exactly. If you have a larger deficit, then you might have some extra wiggle room to not track every gram.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    The last time I cried over food, I was pregnant, hungry, in the airport and my only options were soggy day-old sandwiches.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I'd be throwing a fit if I was putting turkey pepperoni on my pita pizza too.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is wanting to start weighing and measuring his food and get an account on MFP as well.

I told him if we lived together and I could work part time instead of full time I could do all the tracking, weighing and measuring for both of us, and I could tweak both macros.

He laughed in my face.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Calm_down.gif

sounds like youre making this a bit more difficult than it needs to be.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Yes, last night. I ordered 15 chicken wings from a great wing place down the street. 8 Thai Chili and 7 Voodoo dry rub. Usually, my husband eats right around 10 wings. This is almost always the case, and there was other food, too, so I THOUGHT 15 wings was plenty. I'd get at least 1 or 2 wings, right?

He. Ate. Every. Damn. One. Of. Them. I got to stick my finger in the dry rub dust to get a tiny taste. Then he just looked at me with that pitiful puppy-dog face, and said he was really sorry. :grumble:
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Oh, i get frustrated when husband or the kids want a bite or whatever of my snack. I'm like, "You KNOW I have to weigh this crap out, go get your own!" :laugh:

I love sharing food with my kids. They either hate it and never bother me for a taste again, or I'm a few bites under my goal which helps my plan to over estimate my calories and under estimate calorie burn.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Well, I have had meltdowns, but they're usually when I'm at the down-swing of depression or anxiety. So, you know, you might consider what else you have going on.

If I'm hangry, I'm just unlikeable. :D
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    If I am going to have a meltdown it is going to be over something that matters.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a breakdown this morning. I'm in a ****ty mood and I'm so damn sick of Hashimoto's.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    The last time I cried over food, I was pregnant, hungry, in the airport and my only options were soggy day-old sandwiches.

I cried in subway a few days before my son was born.... because the toaster was broken. Then I cried again because they used the wrong cheese.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This is one of many reasons why I don't weigh every little thing I put in my mouth.