Just hit 300lbs. Can't keep doing this to myself.

Options

Replies

• Naydeen71
    Naydeen71 Posts: 2
    Options
    You CAN do it =)
    I lost over 150lbs
    Biggest thing giving up Pepsi - empty calories
    then incorporated walking into my daily routine
    at 1st I could only walk 5min and i would be out of breathe
    got up to 45min and longer.
  • CarrieJWhited
    Options
    Sherry,

I'm glad that you've made the decision to do something about your weight. I'll admit, I only came here at first because of a class project. The project will be over tomorrow, but I plan to keep coming. I was 223 when I started here and I'm down 6 pounds now. While it's not a huge change yet, I'm encouraged by the changes I have seen. My clothes fit better, I sleep better and I'm already starting to notice a difference in my activity level. The hardest part is dragging myself out of the chair to start exercising, or grabbing the carrots instead of the chips. I don't always succeed, but every time that I do, I feel better about my decision.

Take every pound as a victory and don't give up. You're strong enough to decide to do this, which means you're strong enough to actually do it as well. Good luck to you and please let me know if there's anything I can do!

Carrie
  • Sulekhatc
    Sulekhatc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 47 5'2 and hit the scale at 244 today. I too feel like older than my mother-in-law. I would like some support and some advice. Even though I do not eat crazy foods but I do eat emotionally. and I know that ruins my weight loss plans always. There is lots of stress in my life and I would like to make a commitment to better my health and that should eventually help me cope with stress better. Otherwise I am happy person. like making people smile. I also want to eat more vegetarian so need a good protein ideas.
  • BekkahS1552
    Options
    Just one day at a time.. you can do this! I'm glad to know that your sister has been using MFP with success :smile:
  • gretlarson
    gretlarson Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have been at the 300 point more than once. I know how it feels and I know how it feels to lose a bunch of weight and to gain it all back. I am getting back on track and trying to get healthy and I know you can too!! One food choice at a time! I was watching the reality series "Heavy" on Amazon and one of the people on their said something that really stuck with me. They said, "Every time I was choosing an unhealthy food, I was choosing food over my children." That is the way I have been looking at it now. In the past week I was able to say no to cake and a cupcake because of that. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I don't have many friends on here.
  • ghouliejulie85
    ghouliejulie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just remember that there will be lots of ups & downs. It's going to be one hell of a roller coaster ride, but never give up and keep going!
  • sparklenglitter
    sparklenglitter Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry, I am 57, at 237, last ti e I weighed in at my Dr, on May 27....I have been on the new journey for 9 days now and would love
    to add you as a friend..
    Carol:happy:
  • sexygoodness
    sexygoodness Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good for you ... the first step is always the hardest..

Feel free to add me if you want some support :drinker:
  • sexygoodness
    Options
    I have been at the 300 point more than once. I know how it feels and I know how it feels to lose a bunch of weight and to gain it all back. I am getting back on track and trying to get healthy and I know you can too!! One food choice at a time! I was watching the reality series "Heavy" on Amazon and one of the people on their said something that really stuck with me. They said, "Every time I was choosing an unhealthy food, I was choosing food over my children." That is the way I have been looking at it now. In the past week I was able to say no to cake and a cupcake because of that. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I don't have many friends on here.

Its a tough road for sure, and I like that "Every time I was choosing an unhealthy food, I was choosing food over my children." I never thought of it like that before so thank you

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • sexygoodness
    Options
    - One day at a time :)
  • buttabeen
    buttabeen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    this is a really good place to be for the journey that you are about to embark on and be very successful at ;)
  • veggiebuckeye
    veggiebuckeye Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it you are making the all important first step. The best to you!
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    HI! Welcome to the greatest place to find friends and motivators!

Chin up! You took a huge step today by signing up and logging on. Set an alarm on your phone and make it a habit to do every day.

It's hard to lose the weight sometimes, but we are always here to deflate myths, boost confidence and motivate you when you need them help!

http://media.giphy.com/media/QUx8mpXhOZxWo/giphy.gif
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yay! Be patient with yourself and don't let any setbacks bring you down. You will have so much fun seeing your weight go down on the scale.
  • KimPossible6168
    KimPossible6168 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The first step is the hardest. Good luck. Just make small goals and you will get there. Feel free to add me if you want support. I lost 80 lbs 4 years ago and put it all back on in the past year so I too am done doing this to myself as well. This time it is going to come off and stay off. I am at my highest weight ever and I hate it.
  • mmmcrane
    mmmcrane Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have tried many ways to get the weight off and keep it off so far im doing it with MFP. I love all the support and also when Im down on myself I can read what other people have written and I see Im normal.

You can do it!!!! When you fall just get back up again and keep going. That's one of the keys I think. And you must enter EVERYTHING you eat. It helps so much!

:smile:
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good luck,you can do this! Feel free to add me.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hiiiiii! My highest weight was 294 in October 2011. That was my wakeup call. Today I weighed 232. Obviously it's taken years of stopping and starting to get to where I am, but I'm still going. You can do this.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    There are several people on MFP who weighed well over 300 lbs and they were very sucessful. You can do it. Just remember, it's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change. You will slip and fall. It happens just don't give up.
  • ocragal
    ocragal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great people on this site. You can do this!!!

Lynn