Exercises for legs and booty

Options
Hi :)

I'm eating healthy and working out to look toned all over. But need to work and legs and bum more. As my arms, face and shoulders have always been small. But legs and bum always bigger.

Could do some harder exercises for legs and bum. If anyone could please help :)

Replies

• shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, Hip thrusters
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options

I agree with the above.

I have been doing them with free weights and have seen a great improvement in my legs and bottom. I also love doing Jillian's Killer Buns and Thighs DVD. It really works your legs and bottom by doing a variety of squats, lunges, etc.
    Good luck!! :smile:
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options

These 3 are the most important, but also lunges and split squats.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    bumping for future awseome butts
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts for life. :D
  • rdrage73
    rdrage73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options

These 3 are the most important, but also lunges and split squats.

Yep
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Squats, squats and more squats!

Also, deadlifts and lunges are nice.
  • jkhandrop09
    Options
    Insanity has been a big help for me :)
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Sweet_Pea4 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. Thank you all for your replies. I'll get squatting :) I have been already but only being doing it like two weeks.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. No matter where you focus on fat will come off of wherever it wants to. Furthermore you should be working your whole body regardless of where your trouble spots are.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Have a read here as well. http://bretcontreras.com/category/glute-training/ He is the glute guy
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. No matter where you focus on fat will come off of wherever it wants to. Furthermore you should be working your whole body regardless of where your trouble spots are.
    [/quote

Sorry I should have mentioned that part. I am working my whole body but just wanted to do a
    Bit extra on those areas. Thanks though :)
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    Have a read here as well. http://bretcontreras.com/category/glute-training/ He is the glute guy

Nice one :)
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Plie (sumo) squats, hip thrusters, bridge & running/walking/cycling serious hills. Regular squats didn't do squat for me. I have a pretty good butt now.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves from Bret Contreras is a great program. I just switched to that and am enjoying it.

I am pear shaped as well, you will definitely want to work your upper body as it will give you better symmetry with a little muscle on top!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm eating healthy and working out to look toned all over. But need to work and legs and bum more. As my arms, face and shoulders have always been small. But legs and bum always bigger.

Could do some harder exercises for legs and bum. If anyone could please help :)

I think Candice Swanepool has good advice for legs and booty :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2649696/Squats-key-Even-10-make-feel-better-Victorias-Secret-Angel-Candice-Swanepoel-reveals-secrets-body.html
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options

This. Pretty new to all this, but my limited understanding is that working your lower body or doing compound lifts like squats, etc will help you keep or gain muscle (if not in deficit) in those areas. It won't necessarily make you lose fat in them alone. It will help you lose fat, but your body will decide where.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You cant spot reduce but I have noticed that after doing squats, lunges, step ups, hip thrusts, and cycling my legs have toned out a little more and my butt is lifting. Plus my core and back are strengthening with some of these too.