What's your easy, quick, go-to late night snack?

Options
Chris99mu
Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
Ya know, so you don't dive face first into ice cream or a bowl of cereal at 11 PM! I've been doing a handful of nuts, but was looking for a quick, satisfying fill me up.

Thanks!

Replies

• lastchancedance89
    lastchancedance89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My favorite is an apple and peanut butter. Apples always fill me up and the protein from the pb keeps you satisfied longer.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    This will sound a little sadistic but if I am hungry at night I try to eat an actual meal.

Turn on the stove. Cook the food up. Sit down and eat it.

Helps me tell the difference between hungry and just craving something sweet.

Every now and then I will buy a bag of rice cakes but I notice I am almost always "hungry" if there is something quick and easy I can just eat.
  • starspecks
    starspecks Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Right now, a banana sprinkled with unsweetened raw cocoa and a tablespoon of peanut butter to dip it in. Rich and filling and gives me my chocolate fix!
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    String cheese :-)
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah protein bar, Has protein and satisfies my sweet tooth. Kind of tastes like an Oh Henry.
  • greatness
    greatness Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    carbs are the only form of energy that the brain is able to break down, so I like to eat something with high fiber to both quite my stomach and my mind. Like healthy comfort food!

quarter cup of oat meal with some cinnamon and a few slices of apple
    quarter cup cottage cheese with small portion of fruit
    berries!! handful of black and raspberries often does the trick with a little agave nectar or honey :}
  • Kristina2k
    Kristina2k Posts: 14
    Options
    I've been playing around with Chocolate Almond Milk lately. Made homemade chocolate pudding pops with it, less than 75 cals per serving when mixed with Jello Pudding Mix.
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cliff Builders Chocolate mint protein bar. YUMMY!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of go-to's...A couple ounces of turkey; string cheese; cottage cheese mixed with a little fruit, a homemade banana oatmeal bar; celery and peanut butter; popcorn; cucumber slices topped with a little tzatziki and turkey or cheese; plain Greek yogurt mixed with berries and a little granola; veggie sticks and red pepper hummus; small bowl of soup or beans, nuts and raisins; a banana/strawberry/milk slushie; a small bowl of oatmeal, roasted okra; raw asparagus with Greek yogurt dip, etc.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Cheese is always the answer to life, the universe and everything.
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    A cup of plain nonfat yogurt, banana, 1/2 cup of sugar free jello and 1/4 cup fat free cool whip. Mix. LOVE it. Eat it every night before bed. It keeps me full. I make sure i can fit it into my calories.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options

She's not wrong!

A hard boiled egg, 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag, microwave 3 mins-chemical free microwave popcorn! Sprinkled with chili powder for a kick.
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I warm up a sugar-free, dark chocolate pudding snack in the microwave and add a spoonful of peanut butter. Yum!

Light string cheese is also a good, easy, filling late night snack.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    A small gala apple, a slice of white cheddar cheese, and cashews/peanut butter.
  • Onechk
    Onechk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tend to workout at night so if I'm hungry and I'm not hitting my macros or calories I'll have whey protein shake with unsweetened almond milk and a tablespoon of peanut butter. I'll mix my supplements in the shake too, I hate taking pills.
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A small bag (up to 20g) of salt and sweet popcorn. Or a square of 85% cocoa dark chocolate :)
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    30g porridge (oatmeal) mixed with 100g greek yoghurt, cinnamon, and one square of 85% dark chocolate melted on top!
  • Chris99mu
    Options

Are you a wizard or something?
  • Chris99mu
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I came to suggest ice cream >.> *backs slowly out of thread*