How often do you weigh in to guarantee a loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Lisa_takingmylifeback37
    Options
    Every Saturday morning before I eat or drink anything.
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I can go 2-3 weeks without weighing. I may weigh in tomorrow. Last time I weighed in, it had been about a month. I lost 4 lbs. Pretty accurate for .5-1lb a week.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    Most people think I am crazy because I weigh myself 3 times a day.

My morning weigh-in is my "official" one, but I also weigh myself in the evening before I exercise and after I exercise. The two weigh-ins in the evening are purely for my weird obsession with seeing how much I sweat-out during my runs/workout. It is crazy to see that I can lose anywhere between 1.5-3.5lbs in sweat!! Of course I follow it up with chugging about 5lbs of water to rehydrate. LOL!

I always hear people espousing the virtues of only weighing yourself once a week, but that wouldn't work for me. I did that years ago, but I fell into the trap of "forgetting" to do my weigh-ins each week and started skipping them. Needless to say that I fell off the wagon and ended up giving up on trying to lose weight. Weighing myself daily keeps me accountable.

Besides, it is interesting to see the effects that sodium plays in water retention after a long Memorial Day weekend of eating crap food. 7 freaking pounds!!!!! LMAO!
  • NMgirl2006
    NMgirl2006 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    so I dont obsess I weigh in once a week at the same time after I have emptied my bladder and in the buff!
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi,

There is no guarantee you're going to lose weight, even if you stick to your plan, we are human and our bodies are not perfect....

I weigh-in every 4 weeks and I happen to have lost weight every time, but I don't stick to plan religiously, I I can be a bit hit and miss with my calories, but I've managed to lose 66.8kg (147.3lb) in 18 months.....

If you're planning to not fall off the wagon, or make mistakes you are planning to fail.... Flexibility is the key to weight loss success, that coupled with a positive mental attitude, not to take things too seriously!

Good luck xXx
  • calico100
    calico100 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every few days.....
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Most people think I am crazy because I weigh myself 3 times a day.

My morning weigh-in is my "official" one, but I also weigh myself in the evening before I exercise and after I exercise. The two weigh-ins in the evening are purely for my weird obsession with seeing how much I sweat-out during my runs/workout. It is crazy to see that I can lose anywhere between 1.5-3.5lbs in sweat!! Of course I follow it up with chugging about 5lbs of water to rehydrate. LOL!

I always hear people espousing the virtues of only weighing yourself once a week, but that wouldn't work for me. I did that years ago, but I fell into the trap of "forgetting" to do my weigh-ins each week and started skipping them. Needless to say that I fell off the wagon and ended up giving up on trying to lose weight. Weighing myself daily keeps me accountable.

Besides, it is interesting to see the effects that sodium plays in water retention after a long Memorial Day weekend of eating crap food. 7 freaking pounds!!!!! LMAO!
    Sometimes, I've weighed before and after my long walk. It's really hot out here lately and I've actually weighed 2 lbs more after the walk than before! How the heck do I gain 2lbs walking in 100 degree heat? I don't know. I do think that the heat makes me hold water,though.
  • newdanifit
    newdanifit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ok here's a weird one. I usually keep my log around 2 pounds heavier than what the scale says, i weigh every day but I only log a loss if I have seen that same weight a few days in a row, in my mind so I know it has "stuck" sort of, if that makes sense. All my own mental weirdness. when i weigh everyday i see fluctuations so that is why i wait until I see the same (lower) weight a few days in a row before i bother to get excited about it and log. i do also log heavier if its heavier a few days in a row to keep me in check.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Every 2-3 weeks.
    I wait until I actually feel like I have lost at least one pound.
    Getting close to goal so it takes more time.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning to stay on track, but only log it once a week. (Friday mornings)

I am exactly the same.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but record it once a week whether I gain or lose. I don't think I could go less often than weekly, because I'd be worried that I was doing something wrong and if I didn't know for a couple weeks, it would do more damage LOL. But I calorie cycle and often don't track properly on the weekends so I find the daily weighing gives me an indication of whether I'm travelling OK. I'm totally used to the fluctuations, though, I actually find them quite interesting.
  • zeussmith718
    zeussmith718 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    twice a day. Once in the morning, then when I come home from work.. surprisingly I weigh less in the evening every single day even after eating breakfast and lunch.