• Dangerkitty79
    Dangerkitty79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You go hun!! Well said! Thank you for sharing and making me smile! ♥
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    Great post.
    Pretty sure if you keep those "big panties" up there you will be a resounding success.
    Good luck.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Get out of my head!!! Same exact thing going through my head. Great post. Requesting you now.
  • amethyst70
    amethyst70 Posts: 68
    Options
    Oh oh Pick me Pick me!! I want to be your friend!!

I am right there with ya. I get really caught up in the unfairness of it all. But with that said, I find the key for me is something I can keep with longevity. I can not give up cake, ice cream, fast food, etc etc etc!! What I can do is make changes to help along the way.

I started in January this year with a goal of being down 50-60lbs by June. Its not going to happen. I started a workout program, then my husband jumped on board. He eats 3000 calories a day or more and builds muscle, drops weight, and makes me want to vomit. LOL. Well, it did. It doesn't now. I found my happy place with it all.

Anyways, my words of encouragement are this. The other day I read a post on social media where someone had lost weight and people were like "you look amazing, how'd you do it???" and the answer was "DON'T QUIT". That wasn't the answer they wanted but its the truth. Don't ever quit. Sure we all fall off sometimes. We all get in denial mode, but just don't quit. In the last couple weeks my weight has finally started losing again. It has taken forever to get it moving. I have changed food, calories, workouts, you name it, I have been doing it, but I finally have hit my magic numbers and it is starting to pay off after 4 long months of struggling. So. Don't Quit! Don't quit trying new healthy foods. Don't quit drinking water. Don't quit logging. Don't quit any of it. So what if today you started with sausage and a Pepsi? Oh well. Hell in this last month I have made a homemade baby shower cake, licked the frosting spoon, ate probably 1/3 of the cake, had McDs a few times, ate chips, chocolate, you name it I have done it, but I also made the choice to not let that stop me. I worked extra hard the next day to keep calories down, and workout more. I have decided I am not perfect. Regardless of what anyone says, YES I DO want to have that body, but NO I won't do without. I have settled in to a slow weight loss journey, walking with my BFF and lifting weights with my husband, as well as eating chips or ice cream with my kids. I just don't quit on making 85%-90% of my choices healthy.

And you want to know something? I don't like counting calories, or exercise at all. But I set challenges for myself to make them fun. LOL. Crazy but it works. Add me. I love your honesty, and the shrimp fork!!
  • MaryPerry415
    MaryPerry415 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my second time in. I did good the first time, but then went on vacation, then holiday's came, and then there were the parties with all that great party food! So here I am again! Starting over.

I agree totally about making yourself drive past those fast food places. I cave in a lot with fast food and junk food when I am over tired, so I finally realized it and that is when I have to try the most. For some reason I eat more when I am over tired, and my daily exercise, well, let's just say that doesn't happen. So, my new thought process is to get good rest and make myself stick to this program. I've got to do it. Nobody else will do it for me.

You can do it! Once you see weight coming off you will get even more motivated. Baby steps, yes, they work, just stick to it.

Take care and good luck!
  • marshmallowjones2
    Options
    Hi Brand new too! In it with you and 13 lbs is my 1st (supposedly manageable) goal, it does not get me into healthy BMI by a long shot.

It's either a never-ending daily battle or as they say, "a life-style" change. I do believe that repeated over and over, the new ways created towards food and exercise can become habit.

We all just got REAL COZY having whatever we wanted when we wanted and in excess.

Party is over but doesn't have to be a total drag. Upside is losing all the negative feelings about what we look like, how nothing fits, and how we just want to hide and avoid people on an especially bad scale or outfit day.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MaryPerry415
    MaryPerry415 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Still keeping pretty good with my program. I have my exercise room all situated with a treadmill and a TV/DVD for my Mary Windsor Pilates 20 min basic workout. I have to tell you....Pilates is a miracle exercise...at first it's hard to bend, but after about a week, you feel better, and another week, you see yourself sliming down! The treadmill helps me with the calorie count! Or I walk outside if it's nice out. Keep up the good work everyone and stay away from that junk food as much as possible.
  • TJWrites00
    TJWrites00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is me, too! I welcome any and all friends. I am starting over for what feels like my 50th time. Gonna get there one day.