People DON'T drink enough water

Options
rodduz
rodduz Posts: 251 Member
Get it down you people, you'll drop plenty more weight by drinking lots... I promise you!

Replies

• xToniBx
    xToniBx Posts: 27
    Options
    I am now, did this week and still keep doing it. I have two bottles a day
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    2-3 litres a day here :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    5-6 litres a day here!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    3ltrs a day is not enough? I cannot pee anymore captain.
  • benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    Options
    Agreed ! Started doing that this week - up to about 10 pints a day. Never peed more BUT never lost more either - its made the difference between dropping an extra 3-4lbs this week, AND my portion size food wise has DRASTICALLY reduced!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    chris powell the personal trainer recommends half your weight number in ounces.. example. 200 lbs = 100 ounces of water.

i dunno how accurate this is but just passing n what i read x
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Captain!

X40uNJh.gif

:smile:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    hydration in general is important it doesn't just have to be water.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20356431

3l for men, 2l for women...

Water is recommend because it is free, calorie free and easy to obtain but juice, milk, beer, wine etc is mostly water as well and contributes to fluid intake and hydration.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have no reason to believe that my hypothalamus wants me to die, so I drink when I'm thirsty.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I put frozen water in my vodka. Does that count?
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't drink that much water, don't even bother logging it here either.
    But I do drink looooads of coffee in daytime and another couple of mugs of tea in the evening. Not too worried about the hydration
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    People probably drink more water a day than they actually need.

I eat lots of veggies and drink plenty of coffee - how many glasses a day do I need?
  • rodduz
    Options
    It's only obvious if you know the facts! There's hundred of people that could be dropping weight if they drank more. This is for them. Thank me later!

Water and caffeine... water and caffeine... bye bye retained water... then a carb re-feed with slightly less water intake.... hello glycogen going into my muscles... hello sub-cutaneous water being dragged in with the glycogen... hello bigger muscles... hello better looking body :-)
  • rodduz
    Options
    Why are people talking about being thirsty and hydration?! This post in nothing to do with being hydrated or drinking when you're thirsty. It's about not retaining water. Which is what you will do if you do not drink more water than you need.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    It's only obvious if you know the facts! There's hundred of people that could be dropping weight if they drank more. This is for them. Thank me later!

Water and caffeine... water and caffeine... bye bye retained water... then a carb re-feed with slightly less water intake.... hello glycogen going into my muscles... hello sub-cutaneous water being dragged in with the glycogen... hello bigger muscles... hello better looking body :-)

Great, have you got any studies you can post to support this. Plus I take it this only applies to people eating a diet high in carbs? I eat low carb high fat, will this apply to me?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I put frozen water in my vodka. Does that count?

Yes! lol
  • MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Why are people talking about being thirsty and hydration?! This post in nothing to do with being hydrated or drinking when you're thirsty. It's about not retaining water. Which is what you will do if you do not drink more water than you need.

Why is retaining water such a bad thing? Sure, it may make the number on the scale a little higher, but it doesn't help you lose fat. Ultimately, "weight loss" is a misnomer. We don't really want to lose weight, we want to lose fat. That is the goal. Weight is just a way of measuring fat loss (and an inaccurate one too, because it fluctuates based on a million different factors, including water retention).
  • rodduz
    Options

Great, have you got any studies you can post to support this. Plus I take it this only applies to people eating a diet high in carbs? I eat low carb high fat, will this apply to me?

There's loads out there. Google things such as 're-feed' 'carb re-feed' Check out bodyrecomposition website. Stuff by Lyle McDonald and Layne Norton. Lots and lots of stuff on water retention and the re-feed.

If you're low carb, now and again you should raise your carb intake! Has all sorts of benefits. Again, google re-feed and leptin levels etc
  • rodduz
    Options

Why is retaining water such a bad thing? Sure, it may make the number on the scale a little higher, but it doesn't help you lose fat. Ultimately, "weight loss" is a misnomer. We don't really want to lose weight, we want to lose fat. That is the goal. Weight is just a way of measuring fat loss (and an inaccurate one too, because it fluctuates based on a million different factors, including water retention).

Retaining water makes you look fatter, we don't want to look fatter.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

because the whole point of drinking water is to quench thrist and keep yourself hydrated.

Retaining water is a fact of life...esp for a lifter or someone starting new exercise...

Retaining water is only a big deal when it causes medical issues for example when you are pregnant...otherwise psh.