Replies

• sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i call it 'love weight' ! lol
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    They do say being in a relationship makes you fat, you eat more. If it wasn't for the relationship, you wouldn't eat more. You should both do MFP and fit your treats in the calories- or be healthy with your cals and have something naughty now and again.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Eating too much makes you fat. Not relationships.

Also certain diseases contribute.
  • leaf206
    leaf206 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sames happened me . if ye both cam eat at the same time . it will make a difference . I found been in a relationship . if I felt hungry and parner ate an hour before . he eat with me again . and same with me I could eat and an hour later my partner would cook something or buy a snack and im eating again . so both partners really have to stick together cook same time ect .
  • Jennocence
    Jennocence Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this last night when I was looking at photos from before the relationship, the beginning of it, and recently. But now he's on MFP too (mostly supportively), so we're both on our way back. It's that stupid happiness binging. 3 years of it apparently.
  • trishvandusen1
    Options
    Really? you will die if you do Paleo? So far from the truth is is unreal.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

We even incorporate fitness into our sex life (my husband likes when I lift weights nude and dance).

Yes, and with most husbands, you could pretty much substitute 'lift weight's' for any verb you can think of
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Not for me. I have been in relationship with my husband for 16 years. I am fit.

I stay fit because it keeps things sexually exciting for both of us.

Our recreation is sex. And we enjoy active recreation such as hiking. We dance.

My husband is a non drinker. I drink very little and was also a non drinker for a decade.

We even incorporate fitness into our sex life (my husband likes when I lift weights nude and dance).

Quoted because...sex O.O

Double quoted because I really love this post.
    Is this TMI tuesday? :tongue:

Ummmm thanks for over sharing

You're Welcome.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I get where your're coming from. It really helps if you're both on the same track.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Some of the comments are overgeneralized. I wasn't blaming anyone for my weight gain except me, but lets just be honest.....if I wasn't in a relationship I wouldn't have gained all of this weight.

or, be honest with yourself.... You found him, he found you. You guys fell in love and you didn't have to try anymore, because he loves you for you.

:laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Some of the comments are overgeneralized. I wasn't blaming anyone for my weight gain except me, but lets just be honest.....if I wasn't in a relationship I wouldn't have gained all of this weight.

or, be honest with yourself.... You found him, he found you. You guys fell in love and you didn't have to try anymore, because he loves you for you.

:laugh:

I was actually being sincere.....
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options

My husband is a non drinker. I drink very little and was also a non drinker for a decade.

Amazing! Your zest for life is very apparent. Way to go :)
  • arielnorth237
    arielnorth237 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Let me simplify my theory for some of you who just don't get it: Yes, I should have been able to push the plate away...but before my relationship the plate wasn't so frequent and fatty...or even in my space for that matter.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Let me simplify my theory for some of you who just don't get it: Yes, I should have been able to push the plate away...but before my relationship the plate wasn't so frequent and fatty...or even in my space for that matter.

h73D8414D
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    You are not a victim, choose self responsibility. I hated it when I found this site a year and a half ago and was told I needed self control. I thought if I had any I would not be on here. But now I know they were right the meanies, I now choose to do the hard work and learn some self control. But I feel for you, it is easy to stop taking care of yourself. I did the same thing when I first met my husband. Now junk food is not in my house, no late night eating for me. I like being 45 lbs thinner. I have to thank the meanies here on MFP.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Amazing! Your zest for life is very apparent. Way to go :)

Thanks!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    My relationship is actually one of my biggest motivators. My boyfriend is very fit and has an amazing body, and I'm determined to match...and also, his blatant admiration of all the small changes in my body is extremely encouraging. My own calorie counting has made him more conscious of what he's eating, and my love of veggies has inspired him to broaden his own palette. We've been very good for each other's fitness levels, and I hope that continues well into our dotage.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm smaller now than I was when we first met. Eating too much and not exercising got me fat. My relationship helps me with the confidence that I am worthy to be fit and healthy and that I'm capable of being fit and healthy. :heart:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I get where your're coming from. It really helps if you're both on the same track.

Yes this is completely true

My wife and I gain weight and lose it again in almost perfect symmetry.

Of course you are responsible for what you eat and how much you exercise, the OP is just saying that environment will be a factor.
  • srl32000
    srl32000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are brilliant! Bravo!