Weird combos....that worked

Replies

• paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    On the very rare occasions I go to McDonald's, I like getting a plain McFlurry (just a pot of ice cream basically) and dipping my fries in it. The hot saltiness is a perfect contrast to the cold sweetness! Not very unusual maybe, but not the norm, as everyone I mention it to looks disgusted, lol.
    When I go to Wendy's I get a snack sized chocolate frosty to dip my fries in (Delish) When I go to the movies I dump a package of M&M's in my popcorn. Yum melty chocolate butter popcorn. So I guess I love the salty sweet combination too!
  • SarahAnna87
    SarahAnna87 Posts: 65 Member
    I love cheese... so I will add it to anything that I can think of.... I have melted down chocolate chips and dipped cubes of cheese in it. Yum.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I don't know if it works but I was a restaurant for lunch today. They had a hamburger that had peanut butter and jelly in it. I didn't try it though, stayed safe with ahi tuna. Tempted to go back and try it one day though.

Is this the new trendy burger thing? My sister had one a few weeks ago. She loved it!
    I don't know. Today was the first time I ever heard of it.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    I thought I invented m&m in the popcorn. Lol

I mix any cerial, any yogurts and fruit cocktail and smoosh itvall together
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    On the very rare occasions I go to McDonald's, I like getting a plain McFlurry (just a pot of ice cream basically) and dipping my fries in it. The hot saltiness is a perfect contrast to the cold sweetness! Not very unusual maybe, but not the norm, as everyone I mention it to looks disgusted, lol.

I used to do this as a kid but with Wendy's Frosty's. It was bomb lol
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Peanut butter and dill pickle

Dill pickle and cottage cheese.

I don't know why...
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    When I go to Wendy's I get a snack sized chocolate frosty to dip my fries in (Delish) When I go to the movies I dump a package of M&M's in my popcorn. Yum melty chocolate butter popcorn. So I guess I love the salty sweet combination too!

I do BOTH of these.

Doritos dipped in strawberry yogurt

Grilled PB&J

Cottage cheese with salsa
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    When I worked at McD's as a teen, this was very normal. Also, dipping the fries in the honey sauce is sooo tasty.
  • paulawatkins1974

I do BOTH of these.

Doritos dipped in strawberry yogurt

Grilled PB&J

Cottage cheese with salsa
    Trying these for sure!
  • I love BBQ sauce on just about everything!!!!!
    :ohwell:
  • paulawatkins1974
    I don't go to Mcdonalds much, but I like to get a package of Sweet & Sour nugget sauce, and squeeze a package of McChicken sauce on top, and mix it up with a fry and then dip my fries in it and eat them.
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    Carls Jr Cris Cut Fries dipped in a chocolate shake...HEAVEN!
  • my favorite is ketchup on green beans, french style are best but cut green beans will do....
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Some interesting combinations. I can't really think of any weird combos I have. About the closets thing I got is various vegetables, some form of meat with scrambled eggs and gravy poured over the top. Tonight was teriyaki beef, mushrooms, onions, green peppers with eggs and onion gravy. Not very weird imo.
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    BeginningAgainMay14 Posts: 97 Member
    A few months ago I stirred grated parmesan cheese into my oatmeal on a whim. It was really really good. Like a risotto, kind of.

Cottage cheese topped with white onions and a little pepper. Sooo delicious.

Peanut butter and pickle sandwich on whole wheat or sprouted grain bread. Yum!
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Penne, cream cheese, and cinnamon

Mayo and jellied cranberry

Captain Crunch and Pork
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    I no longer feel like a weirdo, lol. ^_^
  • Ice_Arrows
    Ice_Arrows Posts: 46 Member

That is soooo good. I also like to use zesty cheese doritos in place of the fries occasionally =)

I like to put fries on my burgers sometimes, or potato chips of any flavour in a sandwich.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I think I only did this one time twenty years ago, but it was fantastic...memory brought on by the fries/McFlurry thing...

A local hamburger joint's banana milkshake with Oreos added (mixed in) and then I dumped tater tots in and ate it with a spoon. Perfect dinner apparently, for a 16 yr old telemarketer on a 10 hour weekend shift haha
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member

Butternut squash puree, spinach, and tuna in wrap

Sounds awesome!

Intriguing! I'm going to have to try that.

It's my go-to lunch now. Just go to supermarket in frozen food section where frozen veg are and they should have a square thing called cooked squash. Great fiber source. I eat the whole thing, but I pour some of it on a tortilla with tuna and a bit of spinach in it and press it in George Foreman.