gym locker room etiquette

Options
I'm a easy going guy, takes alot to bother me. There's a old creepy guy at the gym ,that hangs out in the locker room walking around naked,trying to start conversations with everyone. He'll shave & brush his teeth naked .. I avoid & ignore him as much as I can, but ahole is always around. . Monday morning its gonna stop.. What bothers you that the gym?

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Not much bothers me at my gym but please just tell me he is shaving his face.
  • dlopez907
    dlopez907 Posts: 27
    Options
    His face & head..
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Honestly, not much bothers me at my gym. Fortunately nobody does gross things like that. Usually if a women is going to shower, they have a towel on.
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Some of the ladies at my gym have NO problem showing all the glory that comes from old age. Props to them, but I wish I didn't know what I have to look forward to if I make it that long.
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    He is of a different generation, so I don't mind this when I encounter it.

What I have noticed is the men who keep the faucet running *forever*. Such a waste of water! I never noticed this happening when I enter a washroom at a restaurant/store/cafe/library/airport. Just at the gym.

As a guy, I don't know if women do this.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Every gym locker room has the naked gay/gal that wants to chat. Just get, get out, and avoid eye to eye (and genital area) contact :)
  • AnnBassham
    AnnBassham Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't have anyone that iritates me at the gym. I wonder if this is because I am the one that iritates everybody else so I don't see it.
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    People who get loads of dumbells out and don't put them back really p***es me off
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My work has a small gym and there was a guy in the gym locker room who would sit on a bench in front of the door naked with his legs spread. His co-workers would step in the locker room, be dumbfounded at what they saw and ended up awkwardly praising his penis "packing some heat there Carl" "Woah, you're going to poke someone's eye out with that thing." OK I made up those two quotes, but they were complementing his penis, maybe figuring that he was fishing for complements.

Very strange stuff.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Slap him on the butt next time.
  • MarcPower
    MarcPower Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Every gym locker room has the naked gay/gal that wants to chat. Just get, get out, and avoid eye to eye (and genital area) contact :)
    How do you know that they are gay? Did they ask you out? They are probably just friendly people.

Sounds like you are making gay people out to be predators.
  • Yagisama
    Options
    I figured that was a typo and they meant guy instead of gay.
  • MarcPower
    Options
    Hmmm....that makes sense, actually!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    How do you know that they are gay? Did they ask you out? They are probably just friendly people.

691910602160022853.jpg
  • MarcPower
    Options
    Sorry to escalate things. The way I read it sounded a bit offensive.
  • Yagisama
    Options
    Sorry to escalate things. The way I read it sounded a bit offensive.

It's not a problem. It is in fact, all good. :drinker:
  • MarcPower
    Options
    Back on topic...I really don't care too much for what others do in the locker room...as long as it is hygienic. People shaving in common areas and clipping nails and stuff bother me though.

I generally just get changed and leave.
  • mucirl
    mucirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ladies shaving there underarms and legs - really someone else has to go into that shower after.
    I live in Germany and it is naked all the way. Naked MIXED wellness area. All shapes and sizes wandering naked around the place. Some posing a little more than other but after the first day you ignore all.

But I still think standing completely naked drying their hair is a bit much ( what would be the problem with putting on a pair of nicks)
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Just keep ur head down and headphones in...
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

Excuse me? When did I say anything about being gay?