Smoothies??

Options
2»

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I just got a single serving blender specifically to make my smoothies in the morning for breakfast-it came with 4-5 tall "glasses" with lids etc so I just pour my ingrediants into the cup screw on the blender blade bottom, stick it in the blender holder and mix it till its done. Then add a lid to it if traveling or just the lip guard so I can drink straight from it. I LOVE it! :)

One recipe I use thats yummy is:

1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I use stoneyfield organic low fat)
    1 small banana sliced
    1/2 cup frozen mango/strawwberries (or any frozen fruit would work)
    1/2 ounce milk OR Orange juice (you can add more if you want)

Looking forward to trying some of your recipes too :)

We just bought one of these too! Is it the GE one? I love it!

Yes it is :)
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've got a Hamilton Beach single serving blender I use. Before Shakeology I was making smoothies with skim milk, fat free plain yogurt, protein powder, frozen fruit and dry oatmeal. Love 'em!
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump....they all sound so good...:)
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I will have to try some of these, I don't like milk so some of these might work great. I bought the magic bullet but have never used it.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I find smoothies an ideal chance to get my calcium intake up.

Last night I had:
    1c milk + vanilla protein powder + frozen mango + dessicated coconut = tropical YUM!

But usually I just blend milk, frozen berries & protein powder for a berry "ice cream" treat.
  • onvacation
    onvacation Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to the board, but just love my smoothies so I had to chime in! I make a green monster everyday. I put almond milk, sun warrior protein powder, frozen blueberries, frozen banana and 2 big handfuls of spinach. Very yummy, filling and green!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie for breakfast almost every morning. I use almond milk, non-fat Greek yogurt, organic juice(acai, pomegranate etc.), max muscle high 5 vanilla protein powder, frozen fruit of several combos for variety, & a few supplements (fish oil, a liquid multi-vitamin, glutamine & max muscle's L-carnitine). Tastes great and keeps me energized through until lunch.
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    I make mine with Almond Breeze unsweetened chocolate milk, whey protein powder, flaxseed powder & crushed ice. Watch out for the sugar content in the yogurts and fruits.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is skim milk, handful of spinnach, vanilla protein powder, 1/8 tsp. of mint extract, frozen banana, and about 6 ice cubes. Spinnach turns it green, and it tastes like a mint icecream shake.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have great recipes for smoothies that they would like to share???

I love smoothies, I just bought more ingredients for lots of smoothies actually :)

I take about a cup of frozen raspberries, and about half a cup of plain yogurt and then a splash of orange juice. I don't use ice, since the frozen raspberries kind of act like it... :) You can add other fruits but I love raspberries. Blend and enjoy, if you have a protein powder you can add it in too!
  • cracky
    cracky Posts: 15
    Options
    Just a banana... skim milk... and honey. I'm very boring with my smoothies but that one is a delicious sugar-craving-killer snack sized smoothie.
  • Ladyrushell
    Options
    I hate nuts, but they are good for you. I put almonds, bananas, milk, and ice. Sometimes I switch up the fruit but I always add the almonds. It's good for you and they add texture.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I make mine with Almond Breeze unsweetened chocolate milk, whey protein powder, flaxseed powder & crushed ice. Watch out for the sugar content in the yogurts and fruits.

Watch out for the sugar contents in fruits? If you're using unsweetened frozen fruits the sugar is all-natural. Fruits are good for you.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I just got a single serving blender specifically to make my smoothies in the morning for breakfast-it came with 4-5 tall "glasses" with lids etc so I just pour my ingrediants into the cup screw on the blender blade bottom, stick it in the blender holder and mix it till its done. Then add a lid to it if traveling or just the lip guard so I can drink straight from it. I LOVE it! :)

Ditto on that. I have one of those as well w/ the regular lid and the travel lid. Walmart, $10. It even outperforms my magic bullet! Everyone go and buy one now! :laugh:
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I use the Vitamin Water Zero (any flavor) and add frozen fruit. Sometimes add a little sweetener. Nice and simple.

I also like adding the vanilla whey protein and spinach.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have the Vitamix and it's awesome! One of my favorite smoothies is chocolate soy milk, frozen strawberries, and some flax seeds. The flax seeds are high in fiber and omega-3 and add a nutty taste. Or chocolate soy milk with raspberry sorbet. Yummers! Frankly, I think anything with chocolate soy milk is great. :) Almond milk is a great alternative to soy milk too.
  • antipholous
    Options
    I'm getting pretty good at making some awesome smoothies, but I never measure anything, just kinda wing it.

For my basic strawberry/banana smoothie, I'd *guess* this is what I'm putting in.

1 cup vanilla or strawberry yogurt (I use Dannon Light and Fit best volume/calorie ratio that I could find)
    1 cup Skim Milk (whether you like Skim or not, you can hardly tell when it's blended)
    1/2 cup Orange Juice
    1/2 Banana
    4-5 Frozen Strawberries
    Fill with Ice

Make sure you have a good blender. If it's really thick, add a little water at a time until it starts to become pourable.